PDA

View Full Version : Golf Rule

Euro_Trash
06-08-2007, 09:02 AM
So yesterday I attended a fun corporate golf tourny at Priddis, and I had a quick question about the longest putt rule. I was about 25 feet off the green, and decided to pull a hail-Mary shot with the putter, lined her up and dropped it in the hole (it was a fluke, don't worry). We had some chuckles, and then I marked my name on the "Men's longest putt" marker and put it in the middle of the fairway. The guys behind us seemed like they were pretty good golfers (they ended up with the lowest score, even though they were playing the whites when we were supposed to be playing silvers) and they told me the ball had to be on the green to count.
So I am jsut curious, does the ball have to start on the green to count, or can you hit from anywhere as long as it is with the putter?

Thanks

CRX-R
06-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Has to be on the green, nice shot though

The Cosworth
06-08-2007, 09:06 AM
thats awesome.

yeah it needs to be on the green or the two foot half rough patch that surrounds it, you are not actually allowed to putt anywhere except on those two areas.

Nice shot, try out the APGA

Euro_Trash
06-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Alright thanks guys
And if anyone gets a chance to play there, I highly reccomend it. Nicest course I have ever played, after Kananaskis

GOnSHO
06-08-2007, 09:21 AM
what i did in a tourny is putted JUST off the green and patch of rough your allowed to putt on and sunk it so i put the stake at the point furthest form the hole but still counting, cuz that shit was NICE!!

Ajay
06-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Isn't Priddis a private club? I heard it's amazing but never have had a chance to try it out.

Euro_Trash
06-09-2007, 12:32 PM
It is private, so I jumped on the oppurtunity to play, as I would probably never be able to play there again!

DUBBED
06-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by brendankharris
thats awesome.

yeah it needs to be on the green or the two foot half rough patch that surrounds it, you are not actually allowed to putt anywhere except on those two areas.

Nice shot, try out the APGA

You can putt from anywhere you want... in a US Open in the 1930s at Pebble Beach, the wind was so strong on the 8th hole that a player used a putter of the tee, hit it down the cart part next to the green, chipped on and made the putt. was the only player to make par on that hole all day.

I just think in a corporate tournament it wouldn't be considered a putt as it was off the green

Madspinner
06-11-2007, 01:03 PM
Yeah but if your playing for hole prizes in corporate tournement. You will have to be on the green to consider a long putt, unless you mark it from the end of the green where you putted.