PDA

View Full Version : Wurring noise from end?

jdmXSI
06-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Anytime i go around a left hand corner, I get this wurring noise. Any ideas what it is? I have a 90' Integra.

Thanks

teggypimp95
06-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Tire rubbing?

jdmXSI
06-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Cars is the height of a SUV, lol and i replaced the rear brakes about 6000kms ago.

Crymson
06-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Did you wear you cv boot and get crap in your axle? That can give you a grindy sound when you crank it around.

QuasarCav
06-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Wheel bearing?

Does the vehicle make this sound louder turning one way or another? Does it sound like bad tires?

Check your tire pressure, if that is fine jack up the rear of the car and grab the tire on the top and bottom and wiggle it back and forth. If there is any play your wheel bearings are bad.

I just did mine last month.

jdmXSI
06-08-2007, 03:45 PM
It only makes that sound going around right hand corners, Tires have about 60-75% tread left. How much was it to do the wheel baering. Would you know if there is a differnce if i would use a GS or an LS whell bearing, because they both have differnt part #'s?

Thanks!

QuasarCav
06-08-2007, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
It only makes that sound going around right hand corners, Tires have about 60-75% tread left. How much was it to do the wheel baering. Would you know if there is a differnce if i would use a GS or an LS whell bearing, because they both have differnt part #'s?

Thanks!

It's ABS vs. Non-ABS

You have to buy the rear hub which includes the bearing. Some people say you can buy the front and press it into the rear hub but why?

jdmXSI
06-08-2007, 03:51 PM
So ya think it sounds like a wheel bearing though? Then i guess i would have to use the LS one then. hmmm.... How long to install the rear bearing?

QuasarCav
06-08-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
So ya think it sounds like a wheel bearing though? Then i guess i would have to use the LS one then. hmmm.... How long to install the rear bearing?

I can have it done in about 30min.

Jack up car
Remove tire
Remove caliper and bracket
Remove Rotor
Pry off hub dust cover
Remove 32mm (JDM??) axle nut
Pull hub off

Installation is the reverse.