PDA

View Full Version : Car Audio Question

2002civic
06-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Im looking at getting a pair of 10 inch type r's subs, some type r speakers, and a couple of pdx amps from visions, but i have a friend who works at future shop and can get me a decent price on anything they carry. What would be some of the top of the line products they carry that would be at least comporable to alpine if not better?

thanks

crazedmodder
06-09-2007, 09:45 PM
I don't know about the subs, but sure as hell those Infinity Kappa speakers are the freakin shit. My friend got 3 ways for his rears and god damn do they sound clear. I don't know how good the Infinity Kappa subwoofers compare to the Type Rs or even if Futureshop carry them, but I don't see why they wouldn't. I'd rate Alpine amps higher than Infinitys, if you go for the PDX Alpines that is. I don't know about the V-Power line. I know you said Type R amps but I don't think those exist :dunno: I couldn't find them on google.

2002civic
06-10-2007, 11:43 AM
oops sorry i ment to put pdx but type r seemed like the common theme lol...thanks for the reply

dr_jared88
06-10-2007, 12:03 PM
type r's are pretty awesome subs. hella expensive though. and too be honest i like the sound of rockford subs way more. however that is my opinion. rockfords dont typically hit as hard, but sound way better. so it depends what you are looking for... your car to rattle to pieces or nice sounding music with good bass.

I have two rockford p2's which sound so good and are quite cheap on bestbuy/future shop staff pricing.

2002civic
06-10-2007, 12:30 PM
i havnt heard a lot of good things about rockfords to be honest, what amp are you using?

riced
06-10-2007, 12:54 PM
well.. I'm still new to the audio thing but if you look in my thread
"Sub and Amp Questions"

It seems that rockford fosgates perform very well, many people vouch for them. I don't think they are all too bad sound either.

If you go to futureshop, the general consensus between the employee's that actually KNOW their stuff seem to pick the MTX over the rockfords though.

They have a display with 1 12" MTX and 2 10" rockford's and the MTX's pump louder than both the 10" rockford's
I guess its all personal preference.. everybody hears different things.

dr_jared88
06-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Like I stated earlier. Rockfords aren't the loudest out there, but one of the best sounding. If you want loud you might as well buy some kickers. But in my opinion. MTX don't come anywhere close to Rockford. But thats for my style of music. The style of music you listen to plays a big role in what you should buy. Suck as the size of sub and whether you should use a sealed or ported box. For my style of music, 2 10" P2's in a ported box is exactly what I like. I listen to a vast arrangement of music.

If you just listen to rap and want your car to shake the most, then get 2 12" kickers in a sealed box.

It all depends on what you want.

2002civic
06-10-2007, 02:04 PM
I listen to a lot of rock and the odd rap but id prefer sound quality over pounding bass although i do still want it loud when it needs to be

soupey
06-10-2007, 02:08 PM
type r = pounding bass, (altho u cud still make it sound pretty good with the right enclosure), u might want to go for a different sub meant more for sq over spl tho

2002civic
06-10-2007, 03:54 PM
^^such as? any high end rockfords then or jl or?

Chopstix
06-10-2007, 03:58 PM
the MTX preloaded packs are decent enough for most people and the infinity speakers are nice and mark up is huge so if you have a friend willing to hook you up go for it! rockford sucks BTW i still dont trust them, they suck for pounding the MTX's can pound hard and not blow

theken
06-10-2007, 04:31 PM
ill sell you a w7 without a box, bnib for 450, theres your sq, and thump

nismown3d
06-12-2007, 07:45 AM
no offense to anyone

but all the sound gear listed in this thread is pretty low end.

i would consider "top of the line products" to be such as; rainbow, focal, PPi (speakers are shit, amazing amps), audison, etc

not alpine, pioneer and mtx

:dunno:

Chopstix
06-12-2007, 07:49 AM
yeah but i am asuming this guy doesnt have that kind of money if he is talking about Alpine.... your a genius! lets see $300 alpine sub, $1200 Hertz sub.... hmmmm for the average person they can have a entire audio system for the price of a hertz sub....

BTW I work at ACM (Audio Concepts Mobile) and i used to work for FS. so i basically know both lines and i know what he can do if he is talking about Alpine he isnt going to buy Focal

nismown3d
06-12-2007, 07:52 AM
lol true enough

ryeguy252
06-12-2007, 10:14 AM
isn't the PDX amps, one of the top amps out there on the market?