PDA

View Full Version : Ever take your guitar on the plane?

racin_jayson
06-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Flying up to Fort Mac tomorrow on westjet, I want to take my guitar with me, it's a strat in a gig bag, pretty small... should fit in the overhead, I was wondering if anyone has ever done this, I dont want to get hassled. Thanks

Ogpogo
06-09-2007, 09:09 PM
Call ahead and ask, make sure you have the dimensions ready. I used to be able to take my Ned Steinberger upright on the planes in overhead for a small added fee (it needs to lay between to upper bins) until recently when I had to purchase a custom flight case (over a grand for a fucking case) to bring it with me on the flights because they had a huge change in rules. Better to ask to people providing the service then beyond.ca in this case. Good luck man :)

TimG
06-10-2007, 05:17 AM
i've brought many guitars on the plane with westjet, but they were in hardshell cases. i just checked them in with oversized luggage.

A790
06-10-2007, 05:43 AM
You won't be able to take it as carry on... it's too big.

Majestic12
06-10-2007, 07:28 AM
When I had to bring mine on the plane, I lied and told the check-in counter I was going to mail, it. The security people never asked when I brought it through the checkpoint. Then when I got to the plane itself, I talked to the flight attendants, and they put it in an oversized luggage compartment reserved for flight attendant carry-ons.

racin_jayson
06-10-2007, 07:38 AM
I think I'll try something like that.
I'm going to be in a forestry bush camp for 2 weeks and if I dont have my guitar I'm gonna go crazy.