View Full Version : Capo

B17a
06-11-2007, 02:24 PM
#4, 1420-9th Ave SE

Food: 5/5
Service: 5/5
Ambiance: 4/5
Price: $$$$$ out of $$$$$

Great little restaurant in Inglewood. I had to check it out after reading all the rave reviews in the paper and in various magazines. To keep it short, great food great service. The menu is small but those who enjoy fine cuisine will really appreciate this place. This isn't your typical italian restaurant, this is better!:D The service was fantastic as well. My only issue was its a small restaurant, maybe 10-12 tables so its packed tight (pretty nit picky thing really). And because of the recent storm, the toilets were out. However, the food is fantastic (recommend the veal tenderloin and lobster gnocchi). Price is pretty steep, for 2 with a bottle of wine and generous tip we were over $250, but a great place. Would be a great date restaurant.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DepTrotter
06-11-2007, 03:38 PM
$250 for 2 people jesus christ

BALLER SHOW ME YOUR WAYS

B17a
06-11-2007, 03:55 PM
Haha. It's called anniversary, had to bring out the big dough!:bigpimp:

me&you
06-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by B17a
#4, 1420-9th Ave SE

Food: 5/5
Service: 5/5
Ambiance: 4/5
Price: $$$$$ out of $$$$$

Great little restaurant in Inglewood. I had to check it out after reading all the rave reviews in the paper and in various magazines. To keep it short, great food great service. The menu is small but those who enjoy fine cuisine will really appreciate this place. This isn't your typical italian restaurant, this is better!:D The service was fantastic as well. My only issue was its a small restaurant, maybe 10-12 tables so its packed tight (pretty nit picky thing really). And because of the recent storm, the toilets were out. However, the food is fantastic (recommend the veal tenderloin and lobster gnocchi). Price is pretty steep, for 2 with a bottle of wine and generous tip we were over $250, but a great place. Would be a great date restaurant.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bang on.

I went shortly after it opened for lunch and have been back almost weekly since! Great date place. The pricing is on par with any restaurant offering similar food and a similar experience!

Guys, get off your wallets and take you ladies there! You will not regret it!

PINOY-X
06-11-2007, 04:04 PM
nice prolly check this place out next time i take the g/f out! :burnout:

pinoyhero
06-11-2007, 04:32 PM
How are the portions? I'm a pretty big eater and dont mind paying big bucks for a great meal that will actually fill you. How far in advance did you need resi's?

B17a
06-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Portions were typical of high end restaurants, not huge. However, I'm a big eater too and after my starter, salad, pasta intro dish and main meat dish, I was stuffed! I called a week before. I think a lot of the initial hysteria has died off so it shouldn't be too hard getting in. Keep in mind, they have 2 seatings, 5:30pm and 8:30pm. They actually tell you not to come early for the 8:30 since they literally have no waiting area.

That.Guy.S30
06-11-2007, 10:04 PM
^ i have been there once and i love it. its so small and cozy. the service is excellent.

Altezza
06-20-2007, 04:45 PM
Capo has been written up a lot lately in magazines. It's a great little restaurant and Guiseppe Di Genaro has done a great job. I know a girl who used to work there and she was sad to leave (moved out of province).

smurfette
06-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Wow, just had dinner at Capo, and was the food amazing!! Although Capo is a fine dining restaurant and the portions were small (leaving us wanting for more), the price wasn't that bad. Service is incredible, presentation is awesome and atmosphere is cozy. Nice to know that there are restaurants out there with great service!!

Gondi Stylez
07-02-2007, 04:19 PM
I have also heard great reviews on this place! Will check it out soon.... need to find a GF worth taking there first though ;)

HybridTheory
07-02-2007, 05:57 PM
Hmmmm this sounds really good. Anyone know how far in advance you have to make reservations?

B17a
07-03-2007, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by HybridTheory
Hmmmm this sounds really good. Anyone know how far in advance you have to make reservations?

I called a week in advance, no problems.