PDA

View Full Version : accident (insurance) help

thinmyster
06-11-2007, 03:27 PM
So basically on may 19th I get side swiped travelling in the right hand lane travelling east down bowness road when a guy in the left hand lane desides to make a complete right hand turn in an uncontrolled intersection. Dents everything from between my front and rear wheels. Smashes my drivers side window etc. That being said my car is still drivable and im fine so i get his info and head to the police station to fill out my report.

Blah blah blah

Talk to my insurance. (i dont have collision) they tell me to contact his. I do. And they say they will get back to me within 24 hours. A week goes by with no call. I call them up, and check the status of my claim. Basically buddy says that they have contacted the other party to get there side of the story but he havent gotten back to them, and they need to give him a reasonable amount of time to respond before they can do anything. I call today and i get his answering machine again. BOO Fucken urns. Im tired of getting the run around and its been nearly a month with no initiative taken from them what so ever. If I hadent called them a week later im sure they wouldnt have called me.

Anything I can do to get this moving? ill be going on a month soon and im getting tired of driving with a plastic bag on my window. for safety and convience reasons.

any advice?

s13>ae86
06-11-2007, 03:33 PM
ok this sort of thing happened to me call the broker or adjuster of the other party tell them your laywer excpects you to have a reply from the other party withen 42 hours or legal action will b taken. seriously just threaten them with lawyer and NEVER GIVE UP I CAN'T STRESS IT ENOUGH DO NOT GIVE IN UNTIL YOU ARE FULLY REIMBURSSED FOR EVERYTHING. and ge a lawyer if you don't have one. trust me YOU have to gt this going no one else will push push and push somemore man any more advise give me a pm

omfgcurtis
06-11-2007, 03:36 PM
what he said, a old lady rear ended my old car and things weren't settled for 3 months until i finally decided to give them a piece of my mind:guns:

thinmyster
06-11-2007, 03:43 PM
i was rear ended once before in a accident that wrote off another car and their insurance took it and paid me the week later. This happened to be my next winter which is not worth much so it is definately going to be gone aswell.

mpl
06-12-2007, 12:11 AM
same thing hsppened on me.....mine is worse.... cuz that guy side swiped me and rum....
still havent get anything from the other party.... already more than 5 monthsssssssssssssssssss.......
just get a lawyer... like i did

Tik-Tok
06-12-2007, 06:24 AM
This is what happens what you have el cheapo insurance. When a guy hit my parked car, I didn't have to deal with any of it. My insurance did all the leg work, even though it was 100% his fault.

mdeluxe
06-12-2007, 08:44 AM
I had the same thing, kept getting the run around. I got a lawyer and he did everything. INsurance companys are the worst! they know their client is at fault but never admit it. whats the other insurance firm?

Go see a guy named Gordon Hoffman 258-0800 in the white building next to chinook center, he helped out alot. Id say do that, its a free meeting and he can let you know what your rights are

bobby_lu
06-12-2007, 08:50 AM
LOL, yeah this sucks, I remember when the other part was at-fault...took about 6 months before my car was fixed..the lady skipped town or something for like $800 damage...:nut:

tylere
06-12-2007, 08:58 AM
Keep calling them, like 10 times a day!!! Are you talking to one person at the other partys insurance or just the 1800 number???