PDA

View Full Version : burnouts

prodigychild
06-16-2003, 08:52 PM
is it stick? if so then its a bit more tricky then auto, just press in the clutch and put the car in gear ram the accelerator and let go of the clutch and hit the brake slightly so u dont move. this mite be totally wrong but i took a shot, if anyone can correct me go ahead:burnout:

yankeefan
06-16-2003, 10:09 PM
can work with either transmission, just need a handbrake to lock up whatever axle the powers not on and you can get that effect. is one way togo about it.

ramminghard
06-16-2003, 10:30 PM
only works on fwd

Kona9
06-16-2003, 11:52 PM
I used to do brake stands in my mazda b2200 p/u. ( 5 speed ) its obviously rear wheel drive. Just put half your foot on the gas and half on the brake pedal. Keeping good pressure on the brake pedal, rotate the other half giving lots of gas, and pop the clutch with your left, you shouldn't even move. Just ingest the super stank of burnt rubba. And no it doesn't do anything good for the vehicle, but its funny!!

yankeefan
06-16-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
And no it doesn't do anything good for the vehicle, but its funny!!

Not true it heats up the tires so you can get better traction off the line so you run 9's :D haha

Abom
06-17-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by yankeefan
can work with either transmission, just need a handbrake to lock up whatever axle the powers not on and you can get that effect. is one way togo about it.

What? The e-brake / handbrake locks up the rear wheels, that's how you drift around in snow in the wintertime. Pulling the e-brake on a RWD car will block the rear wheels. This doesn't make much sense, does it? Let me review:

FWD car - pull e-brake all the way up, rev up, dump clutch or go into drive gear, and step on it. If you have enough engine power, you'll be able to spin the wheels and keep them spinning before they gain traction.

RWD car - no e-brake used. Just keep your foot on the brake pedal, and use the gas, very simple.

Do so many people not know how to do it?

5.9 R/T
06-17-2003, 12:38 AM
I know how:

Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
HAHAHA this is the funniest thread I've ever seen.

Seriously though this is how you do it:

1) Get in car
2) Stand on brake

Viola! Brakestand.

You can also be in neutral, forward, reverse (if you car is so equipped) or any combination of the two (or three if your car is so equipped). You can have the e-brake on, or off, windows up or down, doors opened or closed. But do make sure that your car has tilt steering, otherwise it won't work.

See this thread too for helpful hints, like reving the motor in neutral: http://forums.beyond.ca/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&postid=259471

method
06-17-2003, 12:55 AM
RWD cars use a line lock to lock the front brakes...

revving in neutral whilst the brake is on = more vaccuum if power brakes... wanting to get the most clamping force possible... blah blah

and so on.

yankeefan
06-17-2003, 12:59 AM
first 3 cars were rwd drive(78 buick lesabre,84monte carlo ss,86 grand national) so i shoulda got it right. brain to page mess up. but abom is right. apologize if I confused anyone was'nt my intention =/

Abom
06-17-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by yankeefan
first 3 cars were rwd drive(78 buick lesabre,84monte carlo ss,86 grand national) so i shoulda got it right. brain to page mess up. but abom is right. apologize if I confused anyone was'nt my intention =/

lol, no worries, we've all messed up brain to page before :bigpimp:

FiveFreshFish
06-17-2003, 01:07 AM
Let's not forget the AWD burnout:

StrokeD z
06-17-2003, 03:57 PM
it is almost impossible to do a brake stand with fwd if you just pull the ebrake and step on the gas (do you know a car that is heavier on the rear end of the car uuuuuuuummmmm no)

the best way is to go in revers and step on it and while is is moving in revers shuve it in 1st and gun it and once the car starts to move forward pull the e brake and done deal you got a smoke show

or you can do what i did to a rental.....drive up a side walk make the back tires hit the curb and floor it...works like a charm

tegdream
06-17-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by StrokeD z

or you can do what i did to a rental.....drive up a side walk make the back tires hit the curb and floor it...works like a charm

:clap:

tegdream
06-17-2003, 06:51 PM
any auto-burnouters here?

3G
06-17-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by tegdream
any auto-burnouters here?

here ! :D :clap:

tegdream
06-17-2003, 08:24 PM
how?

3G
06-17-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by tegdream
how?

put ur e-brake on, and slam the gas pedal down that should do it..
or put ur e-brake on, rev it up in neutral then quickly shift into drive and there ya go :clap:

3G
06-17-2003, 09:53 PM
Does anyone know how to do a donut in a fwd car?

redline_13000
06-17-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo
Does anyone know how to do a donut in a fwd car?

lol you cant do a real one. Reverse you can

Zoom_Zoom
06-17-2003, 11:14 PM
my friend used to do them in his Cavalier back in grade 9.. ahaha :rofl:

GTS Jeff
06-18-2003, 02:37 AM
wow, u all need the ban haha

burnout techniques :rolleyes:

:rofl: :rofl:

Dave P
06-18-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff