PDA

View Full Version : LF: Temporary Work/Cash Job

5hift
06-11-2007, 05:37 PM
I'm looking for a quick/temp or cash job starting asap for the duration of only a week, in order to free up some cash to take care of some loose ends before I go into surgery on June 19th.

I went to a few temp agencies, but most said they would need even a week to place me somewhere and to come back after the surgery.

Is there a agency that pays you cash for a day's work? I remember reading about something similar to that on Beyond, but I was unable to find it with a search.

Any helpful suggestions would be appriciated.

Rx7
06-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Try cash corner downtown or w/e its called?

5hift
06-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Yeah ok I should have been specific.

I dont need money that badly that I will stand at a corner in DT and hop into a truck of some guy I dont know offering me work for the day.

I was refering more to one of those staffing agencies that send you somewhere to work and then give you cash at the end of the day. Im also sure some landscaping/labour companies would pay cash under the table to have another labourer for a week, but I wouldnt know how to land that in the first place.

Weapon_R
06-11-2007, 06:00 PM
If you take a drive in the Foothills Industrial area, you'll find tons of warehouse type jobs. The turnover is so high that you'll be working there for a week or two before you decide to leave anyways.

5hift
06-11-2007, 06:28 PM
I would do that except even if I worked a week and quit, it would be 2+ weeks before I got paid and that wouldnt help me.

I'm pretty much looking for a cash job, or cash under the table for a job starting asap with the last possible day I can work being June 18th. I'm not picky on what I have to do (within reason), and am reasonable with expectations of pay due to the situation.

Pretty much what happened is I was all ready for a pretty serious surgery to go down on June 19th. The complexities of the surgery are that where I could recover in a week, or be bed ridden for a month. I used the last of my savings to pay off my credit cards this week, and just my luck, today something came up where I have a few hundred ($300 to be exact) debt to take care of before going under the knife.

Ogpogo
06-11-2007, 06:31 PM
The only thing I can recommend is food, more specifically pizza, delivery. I did it a while ago, and it was cash every night, its not hard, and everyone is looking for drivers. I worked the day they hired me and it was quick easy cash. Maybe thats your best bet :dunno: , hope it helps.

Jlude
06-11-2007, 06:41 PM
check the paper and call the landscaping companies... some of the smaller ones will work out a deal that they pay you cash at the end of every week.

adamc
06-12-2007, 12:12 AM
diversified staffing will put you to work and pay every friday.

I did some jobs for them when I was strapped a while back, even though it's like 10-15 bucks an hour, it was easy work.

eur0
06-12-2007, 12:35 AM
PM'd

06-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Get on with a concrete form company. I know Conform Works pays their guys weekly, lots of hours and usually start ~17 to 18 an hour.

5hift
06-14-2007, 03:24 PM
thanks for the suggestions guys, I really appricaite it

Manhattan
06-14-2007, 04:40 PM
How much would pizza delivery get you a night on average including tips and everything??

Kinda embarassing to deliver pizza in my nice ride but if ya need quick $ what are ya gonna do...

Amysicle
06-14-2007, 06:56 PM
I had a friend who did it. She said her pay varied depending on the place, and how many drivers they had that night vs how many orders were placed.

At the pizza place she worked at, it was $3 per delivery plus tips. So when she was doing 7 orders an hour, it was $21/h plus tips but when they hired more drivers, she would only be getting one order an hour or so. :thumbsdow She also mentioned it was really hard on her car. So you also have to factor in maintenance costs down the road.