PDA

View Full Version : Taking over payments?

GOnSHO
06-12-2007, 08:57 AM
im sorry if this is in the wrong section, mods please move if not.

but me and my g/f have found a buy for our vehicle and wanna know how to go about the lease on it?

1. Take the cash and go give all the cash to the dealer to fully pay off the car?

or

2. sign over payments to the buyer, if so, how do i go about doing this??

leec001
06-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Phone the leasing company and find out.

PINOY-X
06-12-2007, 09:33 AM
phone ur dealer/lease company they should be able to answer all ur questions:thumbsup:

GOnSHO
06-12-2007, 09:51 AM
alright. thanks

me&you
06-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by GOnSHO
alright. thanks

Call the finance co and get the buy-out price. You are responsible for any difference between that and what you are selling the car for (you really should've done this first. Chances are the buyout will be higher than the retail market price... Hope you didn't price the car too cheaply).

If you are too "upside-down", you may want to consider having the buyer take over the lease. Also remember that you are still on the hook for any payments missed by the person assuming the lease.

Edit: if this is regarding the Ion, you're probably screwed.

GOnSHO
06-12-2007, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by me&you

Call the finance co and get the buy-out price. You are responsible for any difference between that and what you are selling the car for (you really should've done this first. Chances are the buyout will be higher than the retail market price... Hope you didn't price the car too cheaply).

If you are too "upside-down", you may want to consider having the buyer take over the lease. Also remember that you are still on the hook for any payments missed by the person assuming the lease.

Edit: if this is regarding the Ion, you're probably screwed.

no my g/f pathfinder, i jus got the Ion like 2 months ago. ahah!