PDA

View Full Version : Broken spring

tlapec
06-12-2007, 07:26 PM
i'm just found out that one of my front springs is broken on my 92 accord. i ask one shop and they quoted my 498.78 to replace both sides. they said that my car will not be even if i only replace one side, and that the springs comes in packages of 2. i'm planning to sell the car in the end of august. does anyone know if it would be dangerous to drive around with a broken spring, the spring is broken around the bottom about 1 wounds. also would anyone know of a cheap place to get it fixed in the nw

thanks in advance.

Ogpogo
06-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Don't drive with a broken spring, cmon.

Go to pick and pull and buy a used one for cheap. If you can't do it on your own, get one of us on here to help you out for a few beers or something. Buying a used spring gives you a much better option because the spring will be a good match for your other already broken-in spring that hasnt bust. This is by far the most cost-efficient way of doing it, especially on a 92, and especially because you are selling it in august.

Hope that helps :dunno:

ercchry
06-12-2007, 07:42 PM
^^ agreed

go to pick n pull
find your model or equivalant (see if another hon-duh used the same front suspention as yours)

take off 2 or three bolts from the strut tower
take off the bolt that goes threw the lower control arm
pull out
pay under $50 (i would assume)

if you dont know what any of theses parts are pm me and pay me for my time and i will meet you at pnp on the weekend or thursday and do it for you

tlapec
06-12-2007, 09:43 PM
i've went to pick n pull before and the only hondas they had in there were mostly pre-90s most cars i see there were domestics. is there any other place for junked cars in calgary.

ercchry
06-12-2007, 09:46 PM
last time i was there there was a ton of eg civics

PINOY-X
06-12-2007, 09:50 PM
there are always alot of honda's at pnp

Ogpogo
06-12-2007, 09:56 PM
New inventory on sundays, isnt it? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. By the way, research what other platforms from honda may use the same springs. You never know, there used to be a lot more commonality between one manufacturer's cars then verses now.

tlapec
06-12-2007, 10:02 PM
would the eg's civic's suspension fit a 92 (cb7) accord what about the 94 cd accords. last time i was there. there wasnt a single cb7 accord

Rx7
06-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by tlapec
i've went to pick n pull before and the only hondas they had in there were mostly pre-90s most cars i see there were domestics. is there any other place for junked cars in calgary.

Originally posted by tlapec
would the eg's civic's suspension fit a 92 (cb7) accord what about the 94 cd accords. last time i was there. there wasnt a single cb7 accord

I believe cb7s and cds use the same suspension, i was there like las tweek and i saw at least 2 cb7s

jdmakkord
06-13-2007, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Rx7

I believe cb7s and cds use the same suspension, i was there like las tweek and i saw at least 2 cb7s

The strut spring setup is the same on cb and cd accords.

If it works for you, I have my stock front strut/spring combos sitting here out of my 97 accord. $50 and they are yours.

Ogpogo
06-13-2007, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

The strut spring setup is the same on cb and cd accords.

If it works for you, I have my stock front strut/spring combos sitting here out of my 97 accord. $50 and they are yours.

To the OP, id take this offer if I were you. Even if it WAS a little cheaper at PnP, this guy has it off the vehicle ready to go.

frozenrice
06-13-2007, 05:28 PM
I could be wrong , but it looks like the part numbers are different between a 92 and 97. Also depends on ABS or not.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/

jdmakkord
06-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
I could be wrong , but it looks like the part numbers are different between a 92 and 97. Also depends on ABS or not.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/

The part numbers are different, but I'm 95% sure they are interchangeable.

frozenrice
06-13-2007, 08:30 PM
Good call. I checked out a few other sites (HR Springs and KYB shocks) and they list the same part number for 90-97 Accords. Weird that Honda lists them as different numbers. I just learned something new today. :thumbsup:

urban.one
06-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Cut the other front spring to match the broken one.

jdmakkord
06-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by urban.one
Cut the other front spring to match the broken one.

Thanks for the great idea you fucking tard.

urban.one
06-13-2007, 09:40 PM
No prob. I hear thats the trick.

Originally posted by jdmakkord

Thanks for the great idea you fucking tard.