PDA

View Full Version : Some Tool in a Ford Tempo

Ben
06-17-2003, 02:24 AM
Okay so I'm on my way home tonight and I get caught at some lights at DouglasDale. A car pulls up, its kinda loud, its a Baby Blue Tempo with SuperStreet, APC, and some other sticker on the front drivers quarter panel. Neon Blue Licence plate frame, Large E36M3 Touring Style Unpainted Black Spoiler, Custom Crappy Tire APC exhaust and to seal his fate, Chrome hubcaps.

He revs, I stare, he revs more...I scoff...light turns grean, he attempts a neutral drop and hops the car to a slow start...I start off the line as a normal person...granny shift casually into second, hes a couple car lenghts ahead...so I decide lets just give him a little taste. Those who have been in my car know what 2nd is like...so I floor it. By the time I hit 100km/h and shifted into 3rd, he was way back there, hahahaha. Ricer Flyby at its best, except for the fact he was trying and I played catch up. I laughed, and continued on at the posted speed limit.

Then as luck would have it I hit the next set of lights. Of course I'm first to arrive. I see him approaching and the light turns green just before he gets to the stop line...and what does he do?

muhahaha, I dont even need to answer that one.

There are some things ricers cant buy, and thats respect. None given to this character, as that was the epitomy of terrible. If only I had my camera...this car is like nothing I have ever seen before

James
06-17-2003, 02:31 AM
lol, ive seen this guy around my house before, when i use to work doing part time now removal in the winter i would see him all the time:rofl:...guess where he works? ....only the finest tuner shop in town ,WALMART! :thumbsup:...nothing against walmart, just dont try to do up a Tempo from items bought there with your employee discount! :tongue:

Mckenzie
06-17-2003, 12:21 PM
haha..... that guy tried to race my legend last year.... you should have seen the look on his face. One of those priceless moments....:burnout:

AccordTypeR
06-17-2003, 11:49 PM
ricers dont get alot of things... like pussy and respect :D :rofl:

hahah people in tempos are tools, my friend droped the clutch at 4500 rpm and no wheel spin, not even a squeel.. what a failure:banghead:

04blackMAX
06-17-2003, 11:49 PM
hahah i saw that kid, funny shit man

Seanith
06-17-2003, 11:55 PM
the funny thing about ricers is they don't seem to understand when another car is faster/nicer than theirs and they will get hauled...

ramminghard
06-18-2003, 12:26 AM
since i got a bike i have noticed that cars always try and race me. i don't understand this. a guy in a dodge truck wanted to race, he floors it and i just go normally and was ahead the whole time. i think i shifted at about 5k rpm

rhizzle
06-20-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by AccordTypeR
hahah people in tempos are tools
haha, indeed they are. The biggest tool i know drives a tempo.. oh wait...... it might be a topaz, even better!!

atomic
06-20-2003, 01:49 PM
when i was in three hills my friend called me JUST to tell me about that car! he said it was cruizing down mcleod trail . he was laughing so hard he had to tell someone ASAP ..

i got a pretty good kick out of it ..

Ben, i'm going to the kilkenny 2nite to meet some friends .. PM me if u wanna stop by ill give u my digits

actually this remind sme of something too .. jdm200 and i were driving down crowchild last evening and this super stock neon with hub cabs, pealing paint and a donut drove behind us .. some gurl driving .. with a GIANT "APEXI" sticker across the roof/windshield .. my god

Ben
06-20-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by atomic
when i was in three hills my friend called me JUST to tell me about that car! he said it was cruizing down mcleod trail . he was laughing so hard he had to tell someone ASAP ..

i got a pretty good kick out of it ..

Ben, i'm going to the kilkenny 2nite to meet some friends .. PM me if u wanna stop by ill give u my digits

actually this remind sme of something too .. jdm200 and i were driving down crowchild last evening and this super stock neon with hub cabs, pealing paint and a donut drove behind us .. some gurl driving .. with a GIANT "APEXI" sticker across the roof/windshield .. my god

Sorry bud, tonight I'm tied up.

Thanks for the offer though, would like to meet up again.

Arthur
06-29-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by AccordTypeR
ricers dont get alot of things... like pussy and respect :D :rofl:

hahah people in tempos are tools, my friend droped the clutch at 4500 rpm and no wheel spin, not even a squeel.. what a failure:banghead: with the way you talk i doubt you get any either.

Doodle
06-29-2003, 08:46 PM
What a tool.

Abom
06-29-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Arthur
with the way you talk i doubt you get any either.

from listening to your replys on other topics, you seem like a ricer tool yourself

Khyron
06-29-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by ramminghard
since i got a bike i have noticed that cars always try and race me. i don't understand this. a guy in a dodge truck wanted to race, he floors it and i just go normally and was ahead the whole time. i think i shifted at about 5k rpm

Same with mine - big 4x4s, station wagons whatever - baffled me for awhile until I figured out they just want to watch you take off (sort of like us if we lined up against a nice exotic). Even the dumbest car person knows you need a pretty insane car to take a bike on a straight run.

Khyron

Ekliptix
06-29-2003, 11:50 PM
I raced a jeep TJ bofore I put my SCer back on. It almost beat me.

tempoking
06-30-2003, 09:46 PM
the guy dropping his clutch on his tempo was obviously doing something wrong, or his clutch was going, because i can do burnouts with ease.. and not just a small squeel.. but actual smoke bellowing burnouts..

Seanith
06-30-2003, 10:39 PM
i don't think tempos came in standard, ergo no clutch.

ZorroAMG
07-01-2003, 12:19 AM
Ergo? Concordidly, Vis-a-Vis...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Khyron
07-01-2003, 12:34 AM
He was probably doing the good old neutral drop with his Dad-illac.

Khyron

Seanith
07-01-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Ergo? Concordidly, Vis-a-Vis...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LOL

therefore, furthermore,consequently, as a result, thus, hence....

finboy
07-01-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~
i don't think tempos came in standard, ergo no clutch.

you can get tempo's in 5 speed

James
07-01-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by finboy

you can get tempo's in 5 speed

They even say "5 SPEED" on the back :D ...pimp.

fast95pony
07-02-2003, 03:14 PM
You guys race Tempo's ?????................

ecstasy_civic
07-02-2003, 03:42 PM
my friend had a red tempo that ran a mid 15 at bud park

it was actually not bad lol

James
07-02-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
my friend had a red tempo that ran a mid 15 at bud park

it was actually not bad lol

what the hell was done to it! :rofl:...before i got my MR2 i drove my step-dads tempo around and it was probably a solid 21 second car!. :tongue: mid 15's out of a tempo is actually pretty impressive!

finboy
07-02-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by James

what the hell was done to it! :rofl:...before i got my MR2 i drove my step-dads tempo around and it was probably a solid 21 second car!. :tongue: mid 15's out of a tempo is actually pretty impressive!

i've heard the v6 6 speed tempo coupes are pretty peppy.

mind you i've also heard there are awd tempos (canadian only car, winter package) and diesel tempo's, and tempo's with a factory GFX kit.

i dunno, an awd 5 speed v6 tempo with gfx would be pretty :bigpimp:

tempoking
07-03-2003, 11:14 AM
believe it or not there is a site dedicated to tempos and topazs
www.tempotopaz.com has some pretty nice tempos
One guy by the name of Bryce from Saskatchewan did an engine swap with a DOHC SHO 220HP Ford engine and running 14s easily..he just added Zex nitrous and drag radials and is now in the 13s..pretty impressive for a tempo
Another guy did a T3/4 hybrid turbo on his 4cyl tempo and ran low 14s with major traction issues...
If your lookin for style check out this custom tempo..
http://www.cardomain.com/id/tempsho

Just a few examples of tempos and topazs that shows what a little time and money can do..

ZorroAMG
07-03-2003, 11:20 AM
Wow, it too, must have had a stand alone fuel management system worth $10,000. Does he stand by his car really well too?

tempoking
07-03-2003, 11:24 AM
i believe the one guy just used a SHO Taurus computer and the other guy relies on an MSD 7AL with a Timing control that retards timing with boost.. and i'm sure they've stood up to enough hondas and toyotas and turn a few heads..

Abom
07-03-2003, 12:08 PM
With enough time and money, you can make ANY car go fast. I've seen a 375 HP Metro before, all motor N/A. Your point being?

ZorroAMG
07-04-2003, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by tempoking
i believe the one guy just used a SHO Taurus computer and the other guy relies on an MSD 7AL with a Timing control that retards timing with boost.. and i'm sure they've stood up to enough hondas and toyotas and turn a few heads..

LOL apparently you've never seen the Fast and the Furious, or you would have understood my last post.

Scat
07-05-2003, 05:00 PM
hahaha yeah I understood. Funny shiat!
"Hes got enough NOS in there to blow himself up!" Classic

Originally posted by Abom
With enough time and money, you can make ANY car go fast. I've seen a 375 HP Metro before, all motor N/A. Your point being?

That is absolutely impossible with the 1.0l inline 3. even with forced induction and nitrous that would be a hard number to reach. Maybe with another engine ... maybe.

Seanith
07-05-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Scat
hahaha yeah I understood. Funny shiat!
"Hes got enough NOS in there to blow himself up!" Classic

That is absolutely impossible with the 1.0l inline 3. even with forced induction and nitrous that would be a hard number to reach. Maybe with another engine ... maybe.

Of course with a new engine man! :banghead:
That mo fo probably swapped in a 405 or something :)

Scat
07-05-2003, 10:29 PM
Yeah for sure
The geo metros collosal engine bay and bullit proof drivetrain can most definitely accomodate a 405 V-8.

:thumbsdow

tempoking
07-06-2003, 01:37 AM
they can always modify the firewall and floor to allow for room of a small block chevy... i seen in Hot Rod Mag a 500cubic inch caddy stuffed into a chevette.. and by the way.. i did see fast and the furious.. but i'm not a sarcastic person...

Scat
07-06-2003, 02:09 AM
A 405 is not a small block
It just wouldn't fit.

Hash_man
07-06-2003, 02:17 AM
Ya, it definately couldnt be done... maybe some other kind of engine, but what? i dont know.

tempoking
07-06-2003, 02:23 AM
i've just seen a 406 chevy made of a bored .30 over 400 chev
I've never actually seen a 405, but it could probably be made out of an old 396 with the right size bore... just a thought,,

Redlyne_mr2
07-06-2003, 03:34 AM
Modifying a tempo for speed is insane, those cars are already dangerous and scary enough with the stock engine and auto tranny. Probably one of the worst platforms out there right now

SwitchBlade
07-07-2003, 10:37 PM
Two guys pulled up to me and my buddy while we where in his Porshe 944 they where in a Ford Tempo and a Topaz. To top that all off they had rims and glow lisence plates and some othe neon accesories. We laughed at the sounds coming from their exaust as they did their best to rev their fourbangers. I guess they didnt see us laughing at them as we past them. Peace

Scat
07-08-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Modifying a tempo for speed is insane, those cars are already dangerous and scary enough with the stock engine and auto tranny. Probably one of the worst platforms out there right now

:thumbsup: This guy I know has a 5-speed tempo and even if you rev it to the redline and drop the clutch, the tires will not spin.

Stock, the car is a POS!!!
And I have yet to see a half decent tuned one.

AccordTypeR
07-08-2003, 03:16 PM
poor sam it took him so long to figure out how to dump the clutch... sadly i had to show him. i got his tires to squeel im not sure if they spun

Scat
07-08-2003, 06:36 PM
Tempos are not good cars
The only way I would ever consider a tempo as a potential car is if I only had a car budget of $75.00 because that is all they are worth. And Tempoking is way too serious of a person. LIGHTEN UP!!!

http://www.cardomain.com/id/tempsho
If any of you have looked at this car, who the hell would dump that much time and effort into a POS like that?!?!
Tuning a tempo is a lost cause, unless a taurus SHO V-6 is used.

finboy
07-08-2003, 06:42 PM
a turbo tempo would be pimp

Scat
07-08-2003, 06:46 PM
Perhaps ... if it had over 10psi of boost, which would easily blow the motor of a tempo I'm sure.

finboy
07-08-2003, 06:58 PM
i dunno, those tempo's are pretty bullet proof.

might have to do an engine build but it would be a great sleeper.

AccordTypeR
07-09-2003, 01:53 AM
mabye if it had a turbo engine... from lets say a mustang svo that could potentially be a good car but its still a tempo, why make a sleeper wiht that peace of garbage? there are way better cars to make sleepers with. ( a thunderbird turbo coupe engine would due as well... unless its the same engine as the svo) :dunno: a 350 v8 in a gremlin now THAT is a sleeper:D

Scat
07-09-2003, 02:09 PM
Ugly sleeper