PDA

View Full Version : Post your known photo radar/radar spots

Moonracer
06-17-2003, 07:32 AM
Now first off this thread isn't to promote speeding it's for those times when you may be drifting about 10k or so over the limit while coming up to one of these spots so you can slow down to avoid a ticket and/or demerits which = higher insurance! So we should be able to cover the city with the amount of members we have on here. :D

Moonracer
06-17-2003, 07:36 AM
--southbound 14st sw. going under the 9ave bridge, photo radar/ radar.
--westbound memorial after the 14st bridge, photo radar.

A couple for now and I will post more later.

mwmhong
06-17-2003, 07:53 AM
Southbound 4th ST NW, just south of McKnight.

B17a
06-17-2003, 07:54 AM
- Always on Sarcee southbound approaching Bow Trail (not sure how anyone gets caught there but people must since they're always there!).

- Ditto for the 9th ave Staples coming into downtown during weekends.

kevie88
06-17-2003, 08:54 AM
Center street just at the top of the bridge beside that strip mall.. I've seen sooo many people get busted there!

Photo radar on Bow Trail and 30th-ish.. going eastbound they hide in the road that runs parallel to Bow trail across from the golf course, and going westbound they're usually hiding up around 45th. Just look for the van/truck/car parked on the wrong side of the road.

3G
06-17-2003, 09:03 AM
southbound 52 St about a 2 blocks before memorial
westbound memorial a couple blocks after 52nd

northbound 52nd st @ 4ave SE
16th Ave NE right before Deerfoot

littledan
06-17-2003, 09:27 AM
shit. we need a thread for the edmonton spots. started commuting to sherwood park last month and i don't know the spots where rcmp will be hiding on the highway :dunno:

Davetronz
06-17-2003, 10:45 AM
John Laurie at 14st NW
Sarcee Tr inbetween Crowchild and John Laurie
53st NW by Edgemont FireHall
Country Hills BLVD across from Country Hills Golf Course

szw
06-17-2003, 11:27 AM
Edgemont Blvd (heading towards john laurie) hiding behind the busstop past the fire station.

10St SW (heading towards downtown)..photo radar truck hiding between parked cars.

Moonracer
06-17-2003, 12:02 PM
--14st NW Between 24ave and northmount dr. south and northbound, they sit in the parking lane there.

--east on memorial just before 44st East they sit on the driveway of the little strip mall

Moonracer
06-17-2003, 12:12 PM
--Eastbound 16ave NW. just before shouldice park in the 80k zone

--Westbound on 17ave SW. between 14st and crowchild tr. going up the hill, go figure!

D'z Nutz
06-17-2003, 12:27 PM
Just passed one going southbound on 68th st, just a few intersections before 32nd.

BTW, Calgary Police Service posts locations of where they will be setting up photoradar on their site for those who don't know.

http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/police/news/photoradar.html

nismodrifter
06-17-2003, 12:47 PM
- Canyon Meadows Drive: Both east and westbound, they setup in many places like hide behind bus stops. The most usual place is by the pink condo's when going east, they hide behind trees. Stay at 60kmh

- Elbow drive southbound: Right around Robert Warren school, they setup after the school zone and catch people speeding through it, usually hide behind trees

- James Mckevitt Road SW: There is an area close to the turn to the turn to shawnessy blvd where speed drops from 60kmh to 50. They hide behind a sign in the middle of the road.

V6-BoI
06-17-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by TurboDSM
Country Hills BLVD across from Country Hills Golf Course

Holy crap that's like right by my house, thanks for the tip

- Northbound and Southbound deerfoot close to the 64 ave exit

preludeSR
06-17-2003, 02:31 PM
-richmond rd eastbound before 37st (photo radar)
-17ave Se between 52 and 68st both directions(speed trap)
-16ave ne westbound between 52 and 68st. (photo radar)
-univeristy dr southbound before crowchild tr (speed trap)

l/l/rX
06-17-2003, 10:18 PM
country hills going down towards the co-op.

air_mikey
06-17-2003, 10:25 PM
john laurie right before it turns into mcknight.

Hipermax_d
06-17-2003, 11:07 PM
southbound sarcee trail. that long ass hill going towards signal hill from trans canada highway always a cop in a van at the top of the hill

CRXguy
06-17-2003, 11:12 PM
east/westbound memorial drive between 44th and 52nd st. they always park in between the residents cars. look out for green caravan or blue chevy full size pickup.

16th ave westbound on top of the hill after deerfoot. they're usually right by the mobile homes.

southbound 52nd st just before the burger king. again, parked between cars.

kaput
06-17-2003, 11:23 PM

Seanith
06-17-2003, 11:29 PM
just saw one today going down 16th ave N.E (going east) right up the hill hidding in the bushes on the right hand side. Right by the first lights.

bol
06-17-2003, 11:29 PM
Eastbound John Laurie at the 14th st bridge/overpass
anywhere along 14th st @ nose hill

ZMan2k2
06-17-2003, 11:38 PM
Edmonton Tr. northbound at 29th Ave. (speed trap)
Memorial Drive eastbound and 4th st. NE, across from the Esso (photo radar)

Centre street Northbound btwn 38-40 Ave (photo-radar)
Centre street Southbound at 38 Ave (speed trap) both of these are by the elementary school on centre, they'll get ya' every time.

Richmond road eastbound and 38 st (depends, sometimes photo, sometimes speed trap.) right by the carwash.

That's all I remember now. I'll post more if I remember, and they haven't already been covered.

Ben
06-17-2003, 11:50 PM
McKnight sucks ass :banghead:

Also on Deerfoot south at McKenzie where its 70km/h (sometimes 50 :banghead: )

Glenmore East right before the S turn onto deerfoot south, they hide behigned the big sign at night.

The_1
06-17-2003, 11:56 PM
14 St right before u reach country hills blvd
its a playground zone and every time that i see it someone is getting busted

04blackMAX
06-18-2003, 12:56 AM
man hope they dont put any in the mckenzie circle, i fly around that thing

accordboi_02
06-18-2003, 08:43 AM
33rd Ave SW right before Crowchild.
They either hide behind the bus stop, or down a hill at the turn in to richmond green golfing course

Ben
06-18-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by vsmSIR
man hope they dont put any in the mckenzie circle, i fly around that thing

hahaha, so do I, thats where I go to break in new tires. I'm sure you have heard me, bwahaha

Hipermax_d
06-18-2003, 10:40 PM
14th street southbound right after the john laurie overpass going down that hill. always a cop at the bottom waiting for people to speed.
most people slows down to like 45 once they reached the very top of the hill

Moonracer
06-19-2003, 09:54 PM
Sweeeeet guys! Thanks for all the posts. Should be helpfulll to all and I'll have to put some pins on my wall map to indicate all the spots....:rofl:

Ferio_vti
06-19-2003, 09:58 PM
NW Memorial southbound at the the Fasgas photo or laser.

NW Memorial Nouthbound just a few blocks after the Tom's pizza/7-11 photo park among other parked cars.

air_mikey
06-19-2003, 10:20 PM
country hills blvd nw at the 7 eleven by citadel way i think it is. some many ppl go fast there and usually i see at least someone get busted.

Hipermax_d
06-19-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by air_mikey
country hills blvd nw at the 7 eleven by citadel way i think it is. some many ppl go fast there and usually i see at least someone get busted.

dang you beat me to it hahah

yah the cop is always hiding behind the little 'save 3.5cents every liter' sign. even if it doesnt seem like a cops there, slow down because he literally hides himself behind the sign and hides his legs behind the sign leg post

yohan4ws
07-04-2003, 02:05 PM
Some of these are doubles ...

I've seen cops undr 64 ave and country hills on deerfoot trail north and southbound doing photo radar.

14street north heading southbound from .. beddington/north haven theres the construction area (underground resevoir i think) on nose hill they sit in the driveway there sometimes, (Laser)

14street north southbound from the cop shop down the big hill, the first right hand turn sometimes a ghost car sits with laser tagging people coming down the hill (70zone)

14 st. north southbound past the district 3 cop shop accross john laurie blvd. they are on the right hand side a bit down the hill usually with a motorcycle hiding behind the trees catching people in the 50 zone. Laser

14st Northbound accross from the #3 copshop in the bit of cars parked on the right, sometimes theres photo radar and sometimes laser. Very rare, but i've gotten a photo radar and seen laser.

14st northbound & southbound between 24ave & northmount drive, by the golf course on both sides anywhere theres cars theres photo radar, i've heard rumors of them hiding behind bus stops with laser but never seen them (Can you tell I frequent 14 street?)

14street otherwise is clean for the most part north and south until you pass over the bridge past kensington rd. the 9ave overpass sometimes theres photo radar behind the bus stop just before, and under the bridge there is laser setup somtimes.

Coming out of downtown to bow trail going west, after you come down the overpass to under the crowchild trail, they have laser setup there somtimes (crazy dangerous for cops but its 70zone.)

Bow trail going east towards downtown from 37street, sometimes you'll see the oh so disguised tinted SUV/truck w/ cabover on the LEFT side of the residential street running paralell along bow trail (with golf course on the left). Its photo radar. (kevie88 should know this one)

Glenmore trail, past macleod eastbound there is a big sign on the right that cops like to sit behind. I got nailed doing 123 in 80zone by laser.

Center street North, coming out of downtown heading northbound at the top of the hill after the bridge, 7ave i think? There are cops there all the time in this 50zone. Keep note, rush hour this is the HOV lane, dont travel alone or get a nice yellow slip.

Centre street north before mcknight and before the hill going down, golf course is on the left... highwood i think? .. Theres cops that like to do laser down there on both sides I think in this big dipped hill. 50zone.

Beddington Blvd between Center street and 4street NE (beddington trail exit route.) this is a cop laser zone on both sides. hiding in the turns of residential streets, behind bus shelters and those yellow/black signs. 50zone.

Country Hills Blvd up by shanappi i think? down the hill from co-op, and up the hill by the co-op to hamptons .. cops like to hit ya with laser in this 60zone.

Dalhousie, its 51street North going from and to john laurie blvd. cops sit with laser in the residential turnoffs.. dont pass cars, DO 50!

I saw only 2 times on crowchild going south just before the 5ave set of lights, maybe before kensington rd. photo radar on the right side beside the big fence. 60zone ? 70zone? ..

Thats all I can remember right now.

Luke 96 T/A
07-04-2003, 02:08 PM
14th Street South and Heritage Drive.... They like to park in the road to heritage park and tag people...
Right by the redlight camera!!!!

kevie88
07-04-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by yohan4ws
Some of these are doubles ...

Bow trail going east towards downtown from 37street, sometimes you'll see the oh so disguised tinted SUV/truck w/ cabover on the LEFT side of the residential street running paralell along bow trail (with golf course on the left). Its photo radar. (kevie88 should know this one)

Oh hell yeah! Too bad it took me 2 tickets before I remembered to start looking for them!! :guns: :rofl:

yohan4ws
07-04-2003, 02:25 PM
I got one ticket.. 109 in 60zone ... 2cliks more to court my mom would have went :D

I was like nah probably not today.. not at this time.. BOOM 200bux later ... glad they park on the left side of that lil road, so easy to see.

three.eighteen.
07-04-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by szw
Edgemont Blvd (heading towards john laurie) hiding behind the busstop past the fire station.

bastards got me at 16 over in a weedman truck...loaded down with 2 tanks of gas and 15 bags of fertilizer going down hill :thumbsdow

Abom
07-04-2003, 07:36 PM
Photo radar and laser are moved all the time, why don't we just write ALL the names of ALL the streets in Calgary? :dunno:

Seanith
07-05-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Abom
Photo radar and laser are moved all the time, why don't we just write ALL the names of ALL the streets in Calgary? :dunno:

:rolleyes:

Moonracer
07-05-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Abom

Ummm because there are specific places they sit. :)