PDA

View Full Version : kicked in Mazda 3's in Calgary

jay42w8
06-13-2007, 04:49 PM
seeing as I just bought a new Mazda 3 Sport...I'm wondering how many people here own or know of anyone that has had their door kicked in....? I haven't seen a thread about it yet on beyond but there are lots of stories on Revscene in Vancouver :( :(

ken-gsr
06-13-2007, 04:56 PM
:repost:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/173839/my-car-got-broken-into-by-some-really-stupid-criminals/

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/01/19/mazda3-may-be-vulnerable-to-break-ins/

lilmira
06-13-2007, 05:03 PM
Yeah, my friend's 3 got broken into. I can see a large percentage of 3s on the road with dent on the driver side door by the handle. It's pretty bad.

I suggest you to not leave your 3 in any shady area at all time even during the day. I'm not sure what else you can do. I heard that the fuckers are kicking even harder on the ones with the reinforced lock. They may not get in but you'll end up with a nasty dent. May be you should just leave the window down, and door unlocked.

jay42w8
06-13-2007, 07:04 PM
fuuuuuckkk....well I rarely drive and when at home, my car is parked in a pretty safe area (*knock on wood*)...although some fucking skater kids have moved in the building across the street LOL

I never go to the NE so that should solve a lot of problems :rofl:

a dent is too too bad and the end of the world I guess :(

85regal
06-13-2007, 07:17 PM
there is a recall to correct the problem

jay42w8
06-13-2007, 07:30 PM
yeah but I've been reading that people are still doing it for fun, probably a few beyond members too I wouldnt be surprised :rofl:

Mr_ET
06-13-2007, 07:43 PM
my mother has a mazda 3 GT and it was broken into 3 times before mazda repaired it. She has a real nice dent in her door now :(

bignerd
06-13-2007, 07:44 PM
I saw one downtown with every door dented... and it was a four door....

idriveabox
06-13-2007, 07:48 PM
^ they're all 4 door.

Ours has been broken into twice. Friends once (and it was in an underground "secured" building).

POS car.

tylere
06-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Mine was broken into a month or so ago, luckily I had nothing inside to steal. The dealer installed the update lock and I got the shock sensor since mine is a GT, the shock sensor works pretty well as if I just lightly bang any part of the car the alarm goes off.

I had my dent fixed at DNT and you cannot even tell there was one there so luckily the damage is easily fixable.

My old jetta was broken into like 6 times with the stupid screwdriver in the lock deal even after my cover plate over the keyhole was installed, the thieves just busted it off. Cars are just to easy to bust into.... All you can do is park in non-shady places and hope for the best.

jay42w8
06-13-2007, 09:00 PM
sweet, I got the GT too, can't wait to play with all the goodies lol

urban.one
06-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Whats the recall fix going to do?

Youre just going to end up with bigger dents in your door when the tweakers cant get it to open.

You think the tweakers are going to get the recall notice and realize the trick doesnt work no more?

bignerd
06-13-2007, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by idriveabox
^ they're all 4 door.

Ours has been broken into twice. Friends once (and it was in an underground "secured" building).

POS car.

Sorry, don't pay too much attention. I think it was a four door hatchback and I was thinking the coupes were only two doors... either way that sucks.

Edited to add: Hopefully Calgary does not get like Vancouver where people clean out their gloveboxes and consoles and leave them all open and empty to show people there is nothing to steal in the car... that sucks.

I know our 7 year old civic has been molested more than a few times, we always take out the cd player, put on the club, arm the alarm. Sometimes I leave a bunch of shit in it like the dog's kennel and blankets and stuff-don't know who would want that??

jay42w8
06-13-2007, 11:04 PM
that is hilarious....yeah I don't think I've EVER seen anybody with a club here in Calgary...I still used mine when I moved here on my Integra haha

bignerd
06-13-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by jay42w8
that is hilarious....yeah I don't think I've EVER seen anybody with a club here in Calgary...I still used mine when I moved here on my Integra haha

Everyone might think it is funny we still use it-and it is the original old ugly red club, however the one time our car was successfully stolen, the damn club wasn't put on and was laying in the back seat-go figure. Won't stop someone who really wants it but will stop the brats at the mall looking for a quick joy ride...

SoSlowDx
06-13-2007, 11:44 PM
Still waiting for the parts to arrive fuck.:banghead:

jay42w8
06-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by bignerd

Everyone might think it is funny we still use it-and it is the original old ugly red club, however the one time our car was successfully stolen, the damn club wasn't put on and was laying in the back seat-go figure. Won't stop someone who really wants it but will stop the brats at the mall looking for a quick joy ride...

well I'm sure it won't take long for the punks to figure out that all they need to do is bring a good saw along

shakalaka
06-13-2007, 11:49 PM

well I'm sure it won't take long for the punks to figure out that all they need to do is bring a good saw along

lol and you posting that here and suggesting the idea, isn't going to do anyone any good either, save the young punks obviously.

HRD2PLZ
06-13-2007, 11:51 PM
I know 2 people who have had their Mazda 3 stolen and I know one other who has had his Mazda 3 broken into 3 times now...

bignerd
06-14-2007, 12:06 AM

The longer it takes them to steal your car the more it increases their risk of being caught. They have to weigh the risk of grand theft auto against the convienience of a free ride to XXX location.

It keeps honest people honest and keeps the kiddies out of the car. Like I said if someone really wants it and really knows what they are doing they will take it regardless of what is on it. After having the issues we have had, the club is more of a visual deterrent, there are now several other anti-theft measures installed on the car now in "hopes" of preventing the car going missing again.

barbarian
06-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Is there finally a recall? This would be a good thing as soon the number of cars that can be broken into will be reduced, and the punks will move back to smashing windows.

I hope they have some sticker to apply that says the lock has been fixed.

bignerd
06-14-2007, 09:39 PM
You could always add your own note for a personal touch.

shakalaka
06-14-2007, 09:48 PM
I saw a Mazda 3 today on my way to Chinook mall and the right side was dented pretty bad, seemed like it had been kicked in, reminded me of this thread.

Boneyard
06-15-2007, 09:49 AM
Mazda has NOT issued a recall.

They haven't really done anything. If you car has been broken into they will put the metal plate and the shock sensor (for GTs) in. They won't fix the dent in the door.

The 2007 3's have the metal plate and shock sensor. But most thieves can't notice the difference between the model years. So they end up kicking the hell out of the door trying to get in.

I own an 06 and I have a small dent in my door, someone broke in a stole my sun glasses. And the only other person I know that owns a Mazda 3 also had hers broken into. Except she has an 07 and they dented her door pretty bad.

A recall would help to fix the problem because it would be public and everyone would find out that you can't break into them because they have the metal plate. But for whatever reason Mazda won't.

jay42w8
06-15-2007, 12:58 PM
theres no shock sensor on 07's either....what is the cost of a cheap shock sensor?? 200 installed?

Boneyard
06-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Not sure. I am getting Kramer Mazda to install the parts and there is no way I am paying for anything. I bet you could get the parts installed for free as well.

zoik
06-15-2007, 01:08 PM
well at least they changed the door panel for the 07's. i think out of all the mazda 3's that i've seen there's only a few without that stupid dent.

Boneyard
06-15-2007, 02:15 PM
Really? I've never seen another 3 with a dent (not including mine and my friends). Which is surprising because a lot of people say they have the dent, and there isn't exactly a shortage of 3's out there.

lilmira
06-15-2007, 04:43 PM
theres no shock sensor on 07's either....what is the cost of a cheap shock sensor?? 200 installed?

The shock sensor is only 50 bucks. You can install it yourself in less than an hour, or less than 10 min if you know what you are doing. I would bitch at them to install it for free. In hindsight, you should have asked them to install it before you picked up the car.

maplelodge
06-16-2007, 09:20 PM

I am seeing a lot more cars with clubs in the mall's parking lot now a days

Toms-SC
06-16-2007, 10:36 PM
The question should be who has NOT seen a dented in Mazda 3?

jay42w8
06-16-2007, 11:54 PM
I actually haven't, but then again, I only drive around the SW area....there are probably more Mazda 3's than there are any other car now in its class on the road......so the proportion of this happening would definitely be higher anyways

HRD2PLZ
06-17-2007, 10:33 AM
I was talking to a friend of mine who has an '06 Mazda 3 and he said Mazda Canada had called and left him a voice message saying that as a courtesy to their Mazda 3 customer's they were willing to install the lock plate free of charge... :dunno:

FiveFreshFish
06-17-2007, 10:46 AM
If I owned a Mazda 3 I'd get rid of it before its market value tanks.

PDRguy
06-17-2007, 10:48 AM
We had been seeing close to 10 a week at the shop, but it has slowed, maybe 4 or 5 a week now - we've probably repaired 25 so far, we also work with several bodyshops and know they've done around the same (each).Hopefully it continues to decrease to the point it rarely happens, I have too many friends with Mazda 3's.