PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Idol

B17a
06-17-2003, 07:56 AM
I surprisingly got hooked on American Idol this season, good show, some really good talent. However after watching Canadian Idol the past two weeks I have concluded that our country is packed full of ugly talentless people! :thumbsdow

ZorroAMG
06-17-2003, 08:26 AM
HaHaHa...CLOWN. You probably look like the person in your avatar, so calling people ugly is nothing you should do. Did you think Reuben and Clay were handsome people?? Do you know anything about singing?? I would have to answer no for you on both those questions. Go back to sleep.

w3apon
06-17-2003, 08:28 AM
sounds like someone didn't make the cut...

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
HaHaHa...CLOWN. You probably look like the person in your avatar, so calling people ugly is nothing you should do. Did you think Reuben and Clay were handsome people?? Do you know anything about singing?? I would have to answer no for you on both those questions. Go back to sleep.

B17a
06-17-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Wo! I think I hit a nerve there. You took that way too personal man. Last time I checked the outcome was decided on the viewers voting so in reality, yes I can judge these people and yes I can pretend to know about singing since that's what the show is geared towards, viewers deciding. All I'm saying is the American Idol had way better looking people and way better singers. I haven't seen nearly as many on Canadian Idol, maybe they'll prove me wrong.:D

method
06-17-2003, 12:00 PM
my friend's girlfriend made it past the first cut or whatever on that show, and then got owned by the judges.

Wildcat
06-17-2003, 12:38 PM
2 girls from my school got cut the second round..

how it works behind the scenes is that the "talents" face 2 panels of judges before they go infront of the celebrity judges...

so NO, as decieving as it may be the celebrity judges do not go through over 15,000 auditions per city... its more like 30-40 tops

so these 2 girls didnt even make it on TV, its a shame cause they're both really good :(

benyl
06-17-2003, 12:48 PM
The girl who was last on the show last night... WTF!!!! They thought that was good? I couldn't tell if she was singing in English or not! WTF!!!

jdmakkord
06-17-2003, 01:07 PM
2 people I know are headed to T.O for the show.

ZorroAMG
06-17-2003, 07:41 PM
Haha that was funny- I didn't make the cut..LOL :) no you didn't hit a nerve at all... i am a singer and some of the people that do try out for the gimmick stuff do have a lot of talent so to say that canada has ugly talentless people is just stupid.

It's hard to portray sarcasm over the net;) Also in American Idol, it seemed like the ones with talent even took a bit getting used to it before they really rocked. It's hard performing in front of 500, try thousands if you've never done it....scary shit.

Ben
06-17-2003, 07:44 PM
buddy of mine went, got cut out tho at 74th...but hey, alot better than like 2000 other people can say, and the 30000 that applied.

04blackMAX
06-17-2003, 07:48 PM
its good thing to see canadian television is original!!

TalonVelocity
06-17-2003, 09:20 PM
Jann Arden was funny :)

Kasia
06-18-2003, 09:31 AM
the jugdes arent so good... to bad simon isn't the judge he had some interesting comments going on there sometimes, outta hand too which gave out humor but now meh

benyl
06-18-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Wildcat
2 girls from my school got cut the second round..

how it works behind the scenes is that the "talents" face 2 panels of judges before they go infront of the celebrity judges...

so NO, as decieving as it may be the celebrity judges do not go through over 15,000 auditions per city... its more like 30-40 tops

so these 2 girls didnt even make it on TV, its a shame cause they're both really good :(

If that is the case, you have to wonder how some of those people get as far as they do? Is it for the comedic affect? Some of them CAN'T sing... why do they make it to the celebrity judge?

B17a
06-18-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by benyl

If that is the case, you have to wonder how some of those people get as far as they do? Is it for the comedic affect? Some of them CAN'T sing... why do they make it to the celebrity judge?

Surely it must be for some comedic relief, I can't imagine how some of them get through. And WTF was up with the last chick on the Monday show? Did I miss something??

Wildcat
06-18-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by benyl

the bad ones are staged... its as simple as that

girlRACER
06-18-2003, 05:36 PM
Did anyone watch American Juniors? :thumbsdow:

CRX crazy
06-18-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER
Did anyone watch American Juniors? :thumbsdow:

i saw it and i'd have to agree with ya on that one. just gay, lets parade our 7 year old around to pretend to be somthing there never gonna be, cause in 6 or 7 years down the road, hello peuberty. what parents will do for money i tell ya.:dunno: :thumbsdow

Kasia
06-18-2003, 06:40 PM
i think american jr. is sucha cute show for little kids... i mean common they need some fun competing too

B17a
06-19-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by CRX crazy

i saw it and i'd have to agree with ya on that one. just gay, lets parade our 7 year old around to pretend to be somthing there never gonna be, cause in 6 or 7 years down the road, hello peuberty. what parents will do for money i tell ya.:dunno: :thumbsdow

Agreed. I've never really thought kid beauty/talent pagents were a good thing. I think for the most part, its the parents living vicariously through their children trying to fulfill their own unfulfilled childhood illusions of fame. That's my dime-store psych tip for today! :D

omar_allibhai
06-19-2003, 07:17 PM
ma friend from skool is headed to the t.o for canadian idol and she has one of the most incredible voices i have ever heard and she is damn fine 2

benyl
06-20-2003, 11:13 AM
post her name so we can vote for her when the time comes

omar_allibhai
06-20-2003, 10:51 PM
stevie forzani