PDA

View Full Version : My rant - Kramer Mazda

Lex350
06-13-2007, 11:21 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I had my car in today to get some things looked at.
1) Rust - There is rust in the rear driver’s side wheel well. Right away the service advisor tried to deny any coverage for this stating that a rock chip started it. I have issues with that response. It’s just so convenient for them. I mean really, have you ever heard of rocks getting in the wheel well? Besides, I still don’t think rust should be forming on this car in 3 years. It took 8 years fro this to turn up on my crappy Neon. They took pictures and said, we'll get back to you....didn't say when. I'm not really holding my breathe either.
2) The Wheel well plastic liner has popped out for the second time. The comment from the service advisor was, “hey, how did you get that to do that”? (you’ll see this is starting to be a common response)
3) The hex nut that holds the bolts for the right side of the license plate fell off. In the morning I explained to the S.A. that I was replacing the license plate frame because it was showing wear. When I removed the bolt the hex nut fell out into the back of the bumper. Having to somehow secure the plate for the time being I but a larger longer bolt through the hole to hold it in place. It is just pressure fit for now. Fast forward to the end of the day. I am told basically that they have to take the bumper off to fix it and that I shouldn’t have but that bolt in the hole because that made the nut fall off. Did I want to pay for the bumper to be pulled off to fix this? Excuse me; did you not listen to what I told you in the morning? It fell of o its own. Anyway I was running late to pick up the kids so I couldn’t argue. To add insult to this, they charged me $19.90 to “Re-attached license plate cover” What? You charged mw $20 dollars to tell me what I already knew and to use the same over sized bolt to hold the plate on. Unbelievable!!
4) I have been getting a bad smell from my car ever since the second engine change. Yup, I said second engine change. When the car is warmed up and you have the windows down there is a smell that I can best describe as gear oil. Its bad enough that you don’t want to have the windows down. So I complained about this when the engine was changed but at the time was told that maybe there is some excess oil on the engine or surrounding parts from the engine change….fair enough. Only…the smell has never gone away. I have a bout 20,000 kms since the engine change and it is still there. The said they took it for a test drive and couldn’t smell anything. I wonder if they rolled down the windows? Within 3-5 minutes of driving away from the dealership, there was that smell again. Anyway, they did a complete check for leaks and found nothing. What I found was a $200 charge on my bill for looking the car over for leaks! I flat out told them I would not pay for that.
5) So the best part is I had my car at the dealership at 7:30 and was told that it would be ready at 4:30. Fair enough. I had to pick up my kids from after school care at 5:30. I get to the dealer at 4:45. I find out that the paper work is not ready. It took the S.A 15 minutes to get the paper work done. Then another 15 minutes arguing about charges until I was too frustrated and too late picking up the kids to argue any more. Rest assured I’m going to make a big stink about this one. From my first engine change I have the contact info from a guy they flew in from Toronto to approve my engine swap the first time. I’m going to give him a call and start pushing buttons.
I feel like a manic depressive with this car. It’s so nice looking and so fun to drive yet the quality of my car has been a complete piece of shit.

2 engines
Air bags and air bag sensors
Both seat warmers
3 sets of brake pads
Numerous flashes
Leaking injector
Climate control replacement

This list goes on and on. I’m just so pissed off and at the end of my rope. Thank god I leased this car. I can’t wait when tat fight comes up upon returning the car. It will be interesting what they say about the rust then.

Next year it will be visits to the Lexus and Infinity dealers for an IS250/350 or a G35/7

sorry for ranting - I'll keep you posted on what happens.

infected
06-13-2007, 11:30 PM
Rust already??? :eek:

Lex350
06-13-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by infected
Rust already??? :eek:

that's my point...there shouldn't be any.

Dooms_Bane
06-13-2007, 11:37 PM
what the hell...... isnt' there soem form of warrenty... 3 year rust thats mad...
and everythings falling to pieces

lilmira
06-13-2007, 11:39 PM
Those guys at Kramer are fucking joke. If you don't check the bill they will overcharge you like there is no tomorrow. Last time when I argued with them, they finally gave up and the response was "since we make a lot of money we are not going to argue with you about 20 bucks".

No fucking shit you jerk, I guess you would make a lot of money by overcharging everyone of your customers.

It's a very nice dealership to buy a car from but the service department needs an overhaul. The techs do a decent job so far but the manager or the service adviser don't check the work order at all, as long as you pay the bill they don't give a shit if the bill says 10 trillion bucks.

SoSlowDx
06-13-2007, 11:39 PM
That's crazy!!!

I don't know what to say lol ... sometimes I get awesome service and sometimes I want to burn the damn place.

Who was your SA? I spoke to Kevin a lot and he seems like a pretty cool guy.

hjr
06-13-2007, 11:40 PM
This is the RX-8 huh. thats a sad tale my friend. i feel for ya. we need lemon laws in this country. force a dealer to buy back a pile like that.

gatorade
06-13-2007, 11:43 PM
rust on a 2004 rx8 wtf?

Lex350
06-13-2007, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by SoSlowDx
That's crazy!!!

I don't know what to say lol ... sometimes I get awesome service and sometimes I want to burn the damn place.

Who was your SA? I spoke to Kevin a lot and he seems like a pretty cool guy.

I like Kevin too. I usually ask for him. He is the only guy I trust there but I got a different guy.

I swear this guy thinks his job it to put the blame for everything on the customer and absolve Mazda of any responsibility.

crewchaud
06-13-2007, 11:58 PM
Here is a good one for all of you...

I took my JDM Miata in there for the 50,000 km tune up and spent like $1200 and when I got home to just look under the hood.....

I found 2 of their dirty oily rags just chilling in the engine bay.

I couldnt help but to wonder all the different senarios that could have taken place.

CivicTunr
06-14-2007, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by rotten42
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 engines
Air bags and air bag sensors
Both seat warmers
3 sets of brake pads
Numerous flashes
Leaking injector
Climate control replacement

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e257/graff-attak/2.jpg

and from a quote on beyond

Of course the wheels are going to fall off, eveyrone knows that rotaries are unreliable.

so if wheels just fall off, other things must fall of too right?

but on a serious note, can rust really form in 3 years?
KRAMER FTL!:thumbsdow

Redlyne_mr2
06-14-2007, 12:02 AM
Well rust isnt really uncommon with all the rocks they use on the road. Calgary winters are sooo hard on cars and all it takes is one chip to cause surface rust. The fender liners popping out are also due in part to winter driving and all the snow and ice build up in the wheel wells. , a low car like that really isnt suited to calgarys winter driving conditions. Im not trying to defend these guys at all, but there is some truth to what they are saying. The rx8 is a piece of shit though.. sorry to hear about your troubles.

\JCAR/
06-14-2007, 12:09 AM
wow man i dont know what to say i get great service from them well the parts counter anyway i dont know what the rest of the place is like

Lex350
06-14-2007, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Well rust isnt really uncommon with all the rocks they use on the road. Calgary winters are sooo hard on cars and all it takes is one chip to cause surface rust. The fender liners popping out are also due in part to winter driving and all the snow and ice build up in the wheel wells. , a low car like that really isnt suited to calgarys winter driving conditions. Im not trying to defend these guys at all, but there is some truth to what they are saying. The rx8 is a piece of shit though.. sorry to hear about your troubles.

I don't agree. I never have had the car in deep snow. In the winter I wash the car at least twice a week including the wheel wells. I had a crapy Neon that didn't get rust in the wheel wells until year 8...and I bagged that car.

Three years is just way too soon.

eur0
06-14-2007, 12:36 AM
There could have been an imperfection in the paint or a crack when you took delivery of the car. According to the Mazda website you should be covered for body sheet metal perforation for 5 years. I would think it falls under that category :dunno:.

rc2002
06-14-2007, 12:41 AM

I don't agree. I never have had the car in deep snow. In the winter I wash the car at least twice a week including the wheel wells.

Doesn't matter how deep the snow is. If there's just 1 cm of snow on the road, it accumulates in your fender liner.

n1zm0
06-14-2007, 01:05 AM
seen it on 05/06 mdx's and tsx's, rock chips are not the vehicles/dealer's fault, always funny seeing customers try to get warranty out of rock chips, like someone said, Calgary winters are hard on our cars, shit happens, just 3M your whole front end :dunno:

Redlyne_mr2
06-14-2007, 01:52 AM
The shape and design of a car can really determine how its affected by debris. Low hoods, unprotected rocker panels and hidden crevaces all contribute to rust. I looked at an 04 tsx on the weekend that had rust spots on the hood and roof from rock chips. Recycled steel is also being used more and more which is corrodes much more easily. Im not sure why the japanese manufacturers dont galvanize their steel like the euros do.

Lex350
06-14-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0
seen it on 05/06 mdx's and tsx's, rock chips are not the vehicles/dealer's fault, always funny seeing customers try to get warranty out of rock chips, like someone said, Calgary winters are hard on our cars, shit happens, just 3M your whole front end :dunno:

first of all....it's not on the front end. Second of all, I don’t think it was from a rock chip. It’s like a one inch section of paint just disappeared. I always like how dealerships throw out the rock chip bullshit to weasel out of any responsibility for the warranty Its rather convenient. Thanks for your comments douche bag.

Toms-SC
06-14-2007, 08:41 AM
RX8 Quality or do you consider your car a lemon?

Crymson
06-14-2007, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC

Yah, i'm interested in this as well. I knew you'd had alot of issues with your car, but it sounds to me like a lemon problem.

However, your anecdote coupled with the fact that Mazda has stopped taking RX-8 owners into consideration in their "customer satisfaction" numbers, suggest otherwise. I've always like Mazda, but ANY dealer, no matter what manufacturer, is a scam artist.

http://mazdanews.com/node/view/346

Mr_ET
06-14-2007, 09:18 AM
Rx8 quality

awful motors if you ask me. I even ran out of gas on a test drive once. The gauge said 1/4 tank when I got in and 10 minutes later it just died on the side of the road.

they used to smoke real bad when they were low on gas and i remember having to disconnect the battery once to reset the ecu because it crashed while driving...

I believe rust should be covered for perforation up to 10 years from the factory.

Why not call mazda canada about this and see what they say.

Also when going to Kramer only talk to kevin spenrath if he's still there. He won't win personality contests but he will always be honest with you.

DNSDJS
06-14-2007, 09:32 AM
Sorry to hear about your problems.

IMO
thats why i have never bought a mazda
or ford
or dogde
or anything.
just
volvo and now honda and dads got a lex

trusted good quality products
cant complain about any of them.

I would def. recommend Lex..
they very good with service
they dont charge up the ass
and they treat you well.

I have always had a great time takin in my dads 330
and for my crv
usally t&t honda
they get shit done quick and on time.

just letting you know about my experiances

Mr_ET
06-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Yeah same here Honda FTW

Calgary Honda is just right next to Kramer you know...

Lex350
06-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC

well...If I just looked at the RX8's in Calgary, I would say it was a lemon....but when you read up on some of the things happening in the US maybe not.

Lex350
06-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Mr_ET
Rx8 quality

awful motors if you ask me. I even ran out of gas on a test drive once. The gauge said 1/4 tank when I got in and 10 minutes later it just died on the side of the road.

they used to smoke real bad when they were low on gas and i remember having to disconnect the battery once to reset the ecu because it crashed while driving...

I believe rust should be covered for perforation up to 10 years from the factory.

Why not call mazda canada about this and see what they say.

Also when going to Kramer only talk to kevin spenrath if he's still there. He won't win personality contests but he will always be honest with you.

OH yeah, I already have some contacts with Mazda that I will fire a letter off to or call. I"m going to have some dealings with the service manager at Kramer first before I go down that road.

I am actually looking forward to the day my lease comes due and the fight that will happen when they try and ding me withnextra charges.

Mibz
06-14-2007, 10:14 AM
I will never deal with Kramer Mazda again for sales or service. I received nothing but crap and was disrespected from day 1. I'm glad I got rid of that car.

Lex350
06-14-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Mibz
I will never deal with Kramer Mazda again for sales or service. I received nothing but crap and was disrespected from day 1. I'm glad I got rid of that car.

what do you drive now?

Mitsu3000gt
06-14-2007, 10:27 AM
I was at Kramer mazda recently looking at a Mazda Protege 5 for a friend. I told the salesperson which car I wanted to look at - it was a bright blue Protege 5 - he knew this. He went and got the stock number so he could find it, then started looking for the car via stock number...going up and down the rows of used cars...he checked the sticker on yellow ones, red ones, white ones, various SEDANS, etc. etc. I could not believe the stupidity of this man. After I realized what he was doing, I found the car myself in about 5 seconds by looking for the only friggen blue wagon on the lot. It blew my mind that they would hire someone that incompetent.

Had a similar experience at Canyon Creek Toyota looking at a Matrix for a friend. I walked by when a couple was taking delivery of a new RAV-4 and heard the sales man say "Since you bought the protection package, you never need to wash or wax your car again!". Where the hell do dealerships find these people? I feel bad for whoever buys that Rav second hand.

I will never buy from either dealership, knowing that someone (management) actually made the conscious decision to hire and pay these people.

Lex350
06-14-2007, 10:30 AM
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/8151/homerrx802zt4.jpg

Mibz
06-14-2007, 10:43 AM

what do you drive now? A Neon ;)
I had an '02 Protege 5 which I ditched in a hurry for an '05 SRT-4. The MP5 was nothing but problems which they refused to fix, then after arguing said they'd fix but never did. They kept my car for days at a time and 10 minutes out of the shop it would break again. These weren't small problems either. We're talking multiple misfires which made the car undriveable. I had to sidestep the clutch at 5,000 rpm to avoid stalling as I drove it back to the shop. As soon as my warranty was up they refused to work on it despite being the same problems as before. Soon enough I'd had enough and ditched the car.

In the times I've had to deal with Tower Chrysler since then (Twice) I've been in and out with no issues. Of course those two times were for my 30,000km check up and a loose knock sensor from me smoking a pot hole. Not exactly insane service issues :P

jdmXSI
06-14-2007, 10:44 AM
Most cars have a 3year/60,000 kms warrenty on surface corrosion and a 5year/100,000kms rust through warranty on the cars. I would just bring it to another Mazda dealer iff i were you.

Good luck!

Anton
06-14-2007, 11:02 AM
Sorry to hear about that, hopefully everything will be worked out for you!

When is the end of your lease coming up?

rouxel
06-14-2007, 11:45 AM
i have a kramer rant aswell. they are a joke. i bought a 2007 mazdaspeed 6 and 3 days in the tranny went and they tried to tell me that it was abused. lol. in three days i abused the tranny. the told me it wasnt coverd so i went to mazda canada and talked to them. told them i was getting a lawer. they ended up fixing it. engine light has come on 3 times in three months. its been in the shop for 4 weeks worth of days in 3 months. then i heard that the awd sale was on at that time so i went back and asked for the 1250 rebait and they told me they couldnt do anything about it. but instead i got 3 free oil changes. im so pissed at them. that plae is a joke. DO NOT BY FROM KRAMER

heavyD
06-14-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
The shape and design of a car can really determine how its affected by debris. Low hoods, unprotected rocker panels and hidden crevaces all contribute to rust. I looked at an 04 tsx on the weekend that had rust spots on the hood and roof from rock chips. Recycled steel is also being used more and more which is corrodes much more easily. Im not sure why the japanese manufacturers dont galvanize their steel like the euros do.

It's a Mazda thing. If you go back a few years I have a similar rant about our 2002 Protege 5. Rust bubbles were coming out on the hatch after only three years and even though it was my wife's car I would wash the thing weekly. When we went to Sunridge Mazda they told us they can't do anything until there is perforation. I looked at other people's Protege 3's and they were rusting in the same place as well as the wheel wells. In addition, the car basically started to fall apart at the three year mark. We promptly traded it in on a Lancer Ralliart. I have a 1992 Eagle Talon TSi that has no rust and Mazda's can't even last three years.

Mazda's are not built to last. IMO they are one of the worst manufacturers period and their dealers all suck.

Lex350
06-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

It's a Mazda thing. If you go back a few years I have a similar rant about our 2002 Protege 5. Rust bubbles were coming out on the hatch after only three years and even though it was my wife's car I would wash the thing weekly. When we went to Sunridge Mazda they told us they can't do anything until there is perforation. I looked at other people's Protege 3's and they were rusting in the same place as well as the wheel wells. In addition, the car basically started to fall apart at the three year mark. We promptly traded it in on a Lancer Ralliart. I have a 1992 Eagle Talon TSi that has no rust and Mazda's can't even last three years.

Mazda's are not built to last. IMO they are one of the worst manufacturers period and their dealers all suck.

LIke I sad earlier. My Neon lasted 8 years before the rust came.

Accord_tunerx
06-14-2007, 06:56 PM
well i gettitng my speed service there and they told me i get a free engine check...casue i have a feeling i have boost leak...maybe i should just bring i to sunridge...i dunno yet we will see...kevin is the S.A? i should ask for him eh...

Lex350
06-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Accord_tunerx
well i gettitng my speed service there and they told me i get a free engine check...casue i have a feeling i have boost leak...maybe i should just bring i to sunridge...i dunno yet we will see...kevin is the S.A? i should ask for him eh...

Kevin is the only good one at Kramer.

Graham_A_M
06-14-2007, 09:14 PM
^ I second that. Ask him about Graham with that Blue MX6 Showcar.. the one with that fancy bodykit. I'll bet he has some interesting stories to tell you. I went through hell and back with that thing, as it left me stranded on the side of the road half a dozen times.

Actually I owned 4 mazda's over a 7 year period, and everyone of them was a horrendous lemon, seriously, sell your mazda. Kramer is the best of the Calgary Mazda dealerships, as I've dealt with Sunridge a fair bit (owned by the same two brothers) and their not nearly as good. North Hill apparently isn't very good either.

As tempting as it is to buy a 3rd gen RX7 and that same Vielside body kit used in F&F 3, Its still a mazda, so I'll pass.
Just sell that thing and move on man, seriously. :thumbsup:
I'll never touch another mazda as long as I live, period.

Lex350
06-14-2007, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^ I second that. Ask him about Graham with that Blue MX6 Showcar.. the one with that fancy bodykit. I'll bet he has some interesting stories to tell you. I went through hell and back with that thing, as it left me stranded on the side of the road half a dozen times.

Actually I owned 4 mazda's over a 7 year period, and everyone of them was a horrendous lemon, seriously, sell your mazda. Kramer is the best of the Calgary Mazda dealerships, as I've dealt with Sunridge a fair bit (owned by the same two brothers) and their not nearly as good. North Hill apparently isn't very good either.

As tempting as it is to buy a 3rd gen RX7 and that same Vielside body kit used in F&F 3, Its still a mazda, so I'll pass.

I got a year left on my lease. I leased specifically because it was my first Mazda and the first model year for this car. I'm so glad I wnet this way. Next year I'll pick somehting else up.

Accord_tunerx
06-14-2007, 09:51 PM
thanks for the info...

sorry to hear about your rx8 its a shame....

but i love my speed..!

jdmXSI
06-14-2007, 11:40 PM
Newer Mazda's = Ford Chasis's & engine:thumbsdow

Although some people really like them:dunno:

Lex350
06-15-2007, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
Newer Mazda's = Ford Chasis's & engine:thumbsdow

Although some people really like them:dunno:

the RX8 doesn't have any ford in it. It is made entirely in Japan

Alak
06-15-2007, 01:09 AM
I have nothing good to say about Kramer Mazda. They made me bend over and strapped me to the service desk. Great place to buy a car, but drive away as fast as you can and never return for anything. Ever. They dont honor any kind of warrenty. They wouldn't even warrenty an engine if they forgot to put in a drain plug after an oil change.

They even managed to write off a beautiful Rx-7 one time when the car was in for an oil change. One of the guys thought it would be classy to test drive it.

Try another dealer, like north hill.

As for Tower Chrysler.......

I brought my Jeep in there, completely covered in mud, full of grass and scratches, and they replaced the rad fan and rear U-joint under warrenty. They even washed it for me. How did the fan break? Nose-diving into a huge mud hole. Jeep stands by their warrenty.

Im totally buying more cars from tower.

AhabTheArab
06-26-2007, 09:36 AM
The center console backlight for the radio on my RX-8 hasn't been working for the last 20, 000 km ahaha.. that's the only problem I have.

DepTrotter
06-26-2007, 09:51 AM
you'de think with all the engine troubles etc they would let you opt out of the lease

caddytwix
06-26-2007, 10:32 AM
I've worked at 2 dealerships here in Calgary. I hate to break it to you, but most of the dealerships here stink. Why? Because of the labour shortage. Everyones forced to hire anyone they can get.
I can't count how many people we've gone through.

As for those mazda rotory motors, they've always been a problem since the early RX-7 days.

JRSC00LUDE
06-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by caddytwix
I've worked at 2 dealerships here in Calgary. I hate to break it to you, but most of the dealerships here stink. Why? Because of the labour shortage. Everyones forced to hire anyone they can get.
I can't count how many people we've gone through.

That's an excuse, not a reason. And too many businesses use it.

SilverRex
06-26-2007, 12:18 PM
hmm can anyone tell me if this is more of a isolated incident, or generally all MAzda are like this? I've never own one, and although I know I cannot compare it to the likes of Toyota quality, but sounds like its really bad.

I suppose that goes with all model including the mazda speed 3? because im just shaking my head how in the world would it be listed as a top 10 in car and driver.

correct me if im wrong, I suppose they have to take into count the customer satisfication as well as reliability.

Didnt road and track or car and driver pull a long term test for the rx8, and in their review, I do not believe they mention that many problems.

well there goes my trust in car megazines. *sigh

403Gemini
06-26-2007, 01:55 PM
Im not going to type out my Kramer mazda horror story, but im sure you can search for it lol.

Basically i went there to get a mazda 3, went there on a few seperate occasions with my fiance, my dad, myself, and not a single salesman talked to me. I probably spent about 4ish hours on their lot total looking at the showroom and having their reception paging constantly for a sales rep (and they were all sitting in their offices) until she appologized that no one was coming.

Just unbelievable. Drive down to southgate chev, the guy who sold my buddy his car recognized me that i was with him TWO MONTHS PRIOR (i wasnt even the fucking customer) and asked if i needed anything right away... now it may be a GM, but i got awesome service. Car aint half bad either :thumbsup:

403Gemini
06-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by SilverRex
hmm can anyone tell me if this is more of a isolated incident, or generally all MAzda are like this? I've never own one, and although I know I cannot compare it to the likes of Toyota quality, but sounds like its really bad.

I suppose that goes with all model including the mazda speed 3? because im just shaking my head how in the world would it be listed as a top 10 in car and driver.

correct me if im wrong, I suppose they have to take into count the customer satisfication as well as reliability.

Didnt road and track or car and driver pull a long term test for the rx8, and in their review, I do not believe they mention that many problems.

well there goes my trust in car megazines. *sigh

it's all newer mazda's

http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/news/releases/charts/2007088a.gif

Boneyard
06-26-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by SilverRex

Well to be fair most of the people that go on message boards complain about their problems (me included). It's pretty much the same for every make of car. Pick out any new car forum and you will think the car is a total junker. How often do you see a positive car thread like "I had a good time at Kramer Mazda" one for every 10 rant threads? It's just not worth talking about.

I wouldn't put too much stock into what car and driver and those other magazines have to say. Their top 10 lists are usually put together to appease all their sponsors. Unless you want performance numbers and the editors options of the cars, then I guess they are useful. But I recommend picking up the Lemon Aid guide to cars. Great book for buying cars with lots of tips. It also gave the Mazda 3 a 5 out of 5. Not sure about the speed3. It wasn't in 06 which was the year I bought the book in.

caddytwix
06-27-2007, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

That's an excuse, not a reason. And too many businesses use it.

Not going to change the fact the car industry sucks here.
There's a reason I don't work in that industry anymore.

HondaRice
08-08-2007, 03:20 PM
a stupid name like "kramer mazda" says it all

pay anything with your credit card and dispute anything that your not happy with if its a valid reason the card has issurnace it to protect you from merchant fraud.

chrisc20
09-15-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

i guess my questions is that if you had 4 mazdas over 7 years and they were all crap, why did you continue to drive Mazda?? if i had 1 or 2 that were lemons, i certainly wouldnt buy a 3rd or 4th?? to me that sounds pretty stupid. maybe you should drive a sunfire..

Maxt
09-15-2007, 05:34 PM
I love my mazda's.. all 6 of them...

Graham_A_M
09-15-2007, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by chrisc20

i guess my questions is that if you had 4 mazdas over 7 years and they were all crap, why did you continue to drive Mazda?? if i had 1 or 2 that were lemons, i certainly wouldnt buy a 3rd or 4th?? to me that sounds pretty stupid. maybe you should drive a sunfire..

Thats funny, and quite morotic, but I'll answer it just the same.
I've had a few other cars in between, as I seldomly ever had just one car. My first was an 1989 Ford Probe GT, which is literally an MX6 GT with Ford emblems. I just wont get started on it, but after $4k in trouble, the tranny finally went on it, and called it quits then.
My other three mazda's were much the same, with seizing brakes, transmissions, faulty electrical and all this other horse shit, every one had noisy valve lifters, I be here until midnight to type up all the problems I've had with them.
one of them was a parts car in case my mx6 showcar ever broke down, (which it did quite commonly actually).
So after selling the (horrendous lemon) showcar, the other mx6 went quite soon after. And so did my mazda-fanboyism along with it. :thumbsup:
I dont know why you'd mention a sunfire, my GF's younger sister had one at the time, and I could only pray for the level of reliability it had when I was calling up Buster's towing yet again after something else breaking down on one of the cars.
It was a fucking disaster.... you'd be amazed :rofl:

chrisc20
09-16-2007, 04:45 PM
i mention the sunfire, because to me, pontiac is the ultimate crap. especially the might grand am.. pure crap. as for the 4 mazdas in 7 years, i had to ask...

Kloubek
06-03-2008, 12:38 PM
I'm surprised that Lincoln is so high on the quality list. Or Ford in general for that matter. I've totally bought into the Fix Or Repair Daily moniker for that company.

Anyway, I am not slamming the OP for not taking care of his engine - I really wouldn't know either way. And I must admit, I am a little less knowlegable about the new Renesis engine. But as far as the older RX7s go, I've had two. I even had one engine blow it's Apex seals on me.

But the fact is that these engines are not nearly as crappy as many think they are. Yes, they are not good on gas. Yes, they use oil more than a conventional engine. And yes, they require service intervals much closer together than a standard piston engine.

However, if properly maintained these engines are generally very reliable. As long as they always have good oil, do not overheat, and are revved high at times to clear out the deposits, they should last as long as or sometimes even longer than some piston engines.

The question isn't so much reliability in itself from what I've generally seen. Usually it's a question of how well the previous owner took care of it, and how well you plan to take care of it yourself.

And if the OP DID take care of it properly and blew two engines - that's just shitty luck imo.

Eleanor
06-03-2008, 01:05 PM
My parents got both of their vehicles serviced at north hill, no problems to speak of :thumbsup:

Tik-Tok
06-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
I'm surprised that Lincoln is so high on the quality list. Or Ford in general for that matter. I've totally bought into the Fix Or Repair Daily moniker for that company.

INITIAL quality... as in the first month or so it's off the lot... not 1-10 years later. Also, a burnt out interior map light is 1 problem.... a blown engine is also considered 1 problem.

Bump a 9 month old thread to defend a rotary engine? :nut:

sexualbanana
06-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Mibz

When I was looking to buy a car I went into Kramer 3 times to talk to someone and all 3 times the sales people were ignoring me. If they were busy, I'dunderstand but in all 3 cases the sales people were standing around chatting it up and having a good time. It's unfortunate too because I was really interested in a Mazda 6.

FYD524
06-29-2009, 08:27 PM
I went into Kramer Mazda today to buy a Civic Si. The salesperson seemed like a nice guy, and the car wasn't in too shabby of a condition, so I started to get the sale process going. The salesperson handed me the Carproof report and the first thing I noticed was that the car was an EX, not an Si. After plastering that it was an Si over buysell and autotrader, it turns out they were peddling something different. The car itself is midbadged. I asked for inspection papers, but apparently the inspection had yet to be done (which was fine as the car appeared on sale only a few days before). After beginning negotiations, the salesperson took my offer to his sales manager and made me wait awhile (knowing fully that I was tight on time, I'm not sure why you'd need to pull that tactic). Do car salespeople usually have to go to their manager about everything? In any case, after I turned down their counter offer, the sales person came back and told me they had sold the car, effectively wasting my time. Apparently they managed to sell the car they posted a few days ago, didn't inspect, didn't process through the system, and failed to tell their sales people about.