PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2007 Champions SPURS!!!!!

jdmakkord
06-14-2007, 10:00 PM
Wow, 4 titles in the last 10 years!!! I've been cheering for the Spurs since David Robinson was a rookie. Great job shutting down the king lolz Glad to see a quality team pull off another win....take that Kobe:guns:

l8braker
06-14-2007, 10:02 PM
Was there ever any doubt?

I would like to publicly display my hatred for Tony Parker right now as he is going to be having sex with Eva Longoria tonight.

Props to LJ though, he is a sick man.

civicHB
06-14-2007, 10:03 PM
whats this shit got to do wit kobe :thumbsdow

Spurs are gonna repeat next year :whocares:

silver_gs-R
06-14-2007, 10:07 PM
i didnt have much interest in the finals this year.

but w/e i guess congrats spurs.

wildrice
06-14-2007, 10:10 PM
i'm pretty sure if robert whorry didn't body check nash. phoenix would have made it to finals and taken it.

LongCity
06-14-2007, 10:22 PM
4 of the last 8 and I'm pretty sure phoenix wouldn't have done it. Spurs are an ideal team and can play any style whether it be fast paced or set up plays. Like all the announcers say "pick your poison."

saiyajin
06-14-2007, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by wildrice
i'm pretty sure if robert whorry didn't body check nash. phoenix would have made it to finals and taken it.

:werd: :werd:

and if it WAS Suns vs. Cavs that would have been one hell of an NBA finals series and much more entertaining to watch
as much as i love the Cavs i hated the fact it was against one of hte most boring teams in the NBA
:thumbsdow for this years Finals

LongCity
06-14-2007, 10:52 PM
What do people like to see?! Fast paced games, lots of 3s, lots of dunks, nice passes?! Whoever says the Spurs are boring are just ignorant. Fast pace=Manu and Tony Parker, couple of the best finishers in the game, Parker is top 5 quickest in the game, easy. 3rd best 3 point shooting team in the league, you got Brent Barry, Bruce (who never misses from those corners), Manu, Robert Horry, Matt Bonner (yeah... he doesn't play much), and Finley. That's half the team who are wicked 3pt shooters. What else do you want?! Nice passes, Manu is flashy as hell, Parker can pass and so can Duncan. I'm done, too many haters, I guess it's cause they are a team that has it all. Easily the best organization, in the office and on the court. Wicked fans a.k.a. Eva.

Hallelujah holla back! hahah

JordanAndrew
06-14-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by LongCity
What do people like to see?! Fast paced games, lots of 3s, lots of dunks, nice passes?! Whoever says the Spurs are boring are just ignorant. Fast pace=Manu and Tony Parker, couple of the best finishers in the game, Parker is top 5 quickest in the game, easy. 3rd best 3 point shooting team in the league, you got Brent Barry, Bruce (who never misses from those corners), Manu, Robert Horry, Matt Bonner (yeah... he doesn't play much), and Finley. That's half the team who are wicked 3pt shooters. What else do you want?! Nice passes, Manu is flashy as hell, Parker can pass and so can Duncan. I'm done, too many haters, I guess it's cause they are a team that has it all. Easily the best organization, in the office and on the court. Wicked fans a.k.a. Eva.

Hallelujah holla back! hahah

Although I agree with you that Spurs are an all around good team, I got to say that Spur's game are a huge yawn for the most part. People watch NBA games for entertainment and this is why they would love to see games with guys like Lebron James, Steve Nash, Allen Iverson, and yes even Kobe Bryant.

I can't disagree to the fact that the spurs did deserve to win the championship, but you also gotta love the fact that a very young basketball player, Lebron James, getting all the way to the finals. In a way, you kind of see another Michael Jordan in the making. Better yet, Lebron James will probably make a name for himself as suppose to constantly just being compare to the greatest player of all time. I don't want to be bias to the Cavs but a lot of people would like to hope that their team will hopefully one day create a powerhouse that is more entertaining than the Spurs. Possibly another Chicago Bulls when Jordan use to play along side with Scottie Pippen, Tony Kukoc, Steve Kerr, Dennis Rodman, Luke Longley, etc. Now that my friend is not only a powerhouse team but also an entertaining one at that with Michael Jordan leading the way to the most basketball entertainment you can get..at the moment.

Just my 2 cent.

JordanAndrew
06-14-2007, 11:09 PM
Oh and I would have loved Suns play the Cavs play in the finals... that would have been a much more entertaining series to watch.

smontyLS1
06-14-2007, 11:11 PM
manu is such a whiner, I can't stand it, its not soccer dont make it soccer. the spurts are a good team that doesn't have any charisma. they just aren't fun to watch. Yes they have skills in all areas, hence the 4 recent titles. but they just aren't exciting. I dont hate the spurs, I just dont enjoy watching them play, its boring.

IntegraG2
06-14-2007, 11:38 PM
what a boring series.......would've been nice to see cavs play the suns....
spurs are good but its like watching water boil..fuck is it ever boring

2jzgte
06-14-2007, 11:39 PM
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q132/YarannUy/witnesssmaller.jpg

IntegraG2
06-14-2007, 11:51 PM
^^^ your sig is great haha

TeamBestBud
06-14-2007, 11:58 PM
Spurs are boring but thats b/c their an all business team thats a hell of a lot classier than most of the teams in the league. They get it done period.

LongCity
06-15-2007, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by TeamBestBud
Spurs are boring but thats b/c their an all business team thats a hell of a lot classier than most of the teams in the league. They get it done period.

LongCity
06-15-2007, 12:05 AM
I disagree with the boring part though.

JordanAndrew
06-15-2007, 12:22 AM
Well if you want to see a lot of lay-ups and bank shots, especially with Tim Duncan, and you want to call that entertainment, come see my play basketball then and I'll charge half the price that the spurs games charge. Heck just buy me a gatorade and we'll call it even.

And if you call those cheap shots by the spurs during the Sun series CLASS then I'd like to know where you got your definition of class. And yes they do get it done and they mean business, if it means injuring one of the best point guards to win the series, then so be it. Heck why don't we call it WWE and call Vince McMahhon for a guest Appearance.

LongCity
06-15-2007, 01:00 AM
K sweet, where do you play at?!

Steve flopped big time, he was laying there on the ground for a bit then all of a sudden when people start forming a huddle he springs up soo quick as if nothing even happened. He wasn't injured from that flop. We could call Vince, but he got blown up in a car.

max_boost
06-15-2007, 01:04 AM
The Spurs just get the job done. They are consistently there every year. They are a very good team. Very versatile and can play any style. They just lack the characters and aren't flashy.

Like others, I thought the Suns were due this year, maybe next year. And also, I'm still wondering what the hell happened to the Mavericks. :rofl:

LongCity
06-15-2007, 01:11 AM
The Mavs ran into J-Rich and BD. That is all...

pinoyhero
06-15-2007, 06:08 AM
Yeah! The slowest paced, most boring team in the NBA wins again!

Dont get me wrong they are a dynasty team that walks over most but they are just so unentertaining its almost bad for the sport. I mean how many people would have watched another detoit/sanan defensive battle again. They are great teams that play fundamental basketball but have limited entertainment power. Who didn't want to see any other team in the east virtualy any other team in the west.

pinoyhero
06-15-2007, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by LongCity
The Mavs ran into J-Rich and BD. That is all...

I'd chalk that one up to nelly over two star players.

DepTrotter
06-15-2007, 08:07 AM
i hate tim duncan with a passion, a great passion, and to see him win again is killing me, how many fucking times are the spurs going to win!?

bobby_lu
06-15-2007, 08:16 AM
big fundamental FTL

LongCity
06-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by DepTrotter
i hate tim duncan with a passion, a great passion, and to see him win again is killing me, how many fucking times are the spurs going to win!?

08/09/10. You know... just a few more times.

DepTrotter
06-15-2007, 01:36 PM
fuck you :devil:

boi-alien
06-15-2007, 04:39 PM
whatever screw the spurs.
get a plugger to nail a superstar to put the sun's down 2 men. great way to win a series.

LongCity
06-15-2007, 04:44 PM
Boris sucks anyways, he made no difference in the entire series. Amare is good though, makes a huge difference but they know better than to run on the court.

mekeni
06-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Go Spurs !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BTW, the Pistons are more boring than the Spurs.

beecue
06-15-2007, 07:30 PM
the nba messed up with the suspension to the suns .. they had shitty ratings for the finals ... i watched about 30sec of each game .. i mean game 3 they were in the 50s in the 4th quarter :eek: ... sooooooo boring :thumbsdow

LongCity
06-16-2007, 01:24 AM
They had shitty ratings because you watched 30 seconds of it!?

pinoyhero
06-16-2007, 07:00 AM
Yeah the worst ratings of all time perhaps, prett much due to the fact that .. yes you guessed it the spurs are ultra boring, and no one thought the cavs would make a series of it. Can you imagine A GS vs. Anyone final .. I'd be wawtching every game.

edw
06-16-2007, 07:14 AM
boring.

pinoyhero
06-16-2007, 07:55 AM
Anyone know if the first round Mavs, GS series had better ratings? I would bet it did.

DelSoln
06-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by boi-alien
whatever screw the spurs.
get a plugger to nail a superstar to put the sun's down 2 men. great way to win a series.

Say what you will about that plugger but he has 7 rings. Stoudamire and Diaw should should have kept their asses from getting up and walking on the court. They have no one to blame but themselves.

RiCE-DaDDy
06-17-2007, 04:59 PM
why dont all u haters just go watch some streetball :rolleyes:

LongCity
06-17-2007, 05:39 PM
Finally some Spurs fans or at least people who aren't jeering them.