PDA

View Full Version : So i need a hand, trying to find an iPod.

spikerS
06-15-2007, 12:56 AM
Hey guys, I am hoping to pick the collective mind i call Beyond.ca. I have noticed that for the most part when a member puts out a call, everyone puts thier 2 cents in, helpful or not, but I need advice and ideas.

I am looking to get a 5th gen iPod video. The current car I have is a PT cruiser, and not gonna put the cash into the car to wire in my system, so, decided with ipod's easy to use interface and a FM transmitter, it will do the trick for me.

So, I come humbled before you all, asking, where can I go to get a great deal on the above mentioned iPod?

I could goto walmart (298.97) or future shop (on sale for 279.99) but honestly, call me cheap or whatever, don't want to pay that.

I have been bidding on them on ebay, but they all end up around the 180USD mark, and when you transfer that to CAD, and factor in the shipping and customs, I might as well buy a new one.

help with ebay would be great, like how to bid, how to know which ones are the good ones?

Any places in the city that are recomended to check for them?

Beyond, help me out fellas!

Chris

P.S. - if you or anyone you know is sellin one, let me know!

schocker
06-15-2007, 01:10 AM
The cheapest I have really seen is the 279 at bestbuy/futureshop, i got mine at that. perhaps you could get it pricematched somewhere and get more off with that.

Jackc
06-15-2007, 01:21 AM
Beyond marketplace. Or simply buy a friends or something. I've had 2 new ipods and 2 used. The used ones have lasted just as long as the new ones. I had each one for about a year or so (except the one I have now, which is the second used one).

Not that they broke or anything, I just kept selling them to friends and switching between videos, nanos etc. till I found one I liked most.

spikerS
06-15-2007, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Jackc
Beyond marketplace. Or simply buy a friends or something.

Did, that, still have my marketplace WTB thread there.

I would buy a used one from a friend, but they won't part with thiers, you know anyone? lol

Jackc
06-15-2007, 01:27 AM
Haha not at the moment, I'll keep an eye out though. :)

TurboCarrera
06-15-2007, 02:00 AM
If you're a student (or know one) of a post-secondary school, you get a decent discount iirc

http://canadaapp.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/EducationStores.woa/1/wa/province?wosid=tiV32whP8VRqRJg3SlAulM

299.00 with free laser engraving and shipping

spikerS
06-15-2007, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by TurboCarrera
If you're a student (or know one) of a post-secondary school, you get a decent discount iirc

http://canadaapp.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/EducationStores.woa/1/wa/province?wosid=tiV32whP8VRqRJg3SlAulM

299.00 with free laser engraving and shipping

thanks for the heads up, but i can get that price at the regular apple website, and cheaper at futureshop, and can get it tommorrow. I am lookin for the deal lol!

szw
06-15-2007, 02:11 AM
iPod's aren't really something you can find great deals on. Go buy it at costco.

bulaian
06-15-2007, 10:18 AM
if you don't mind refurbished, apple's site has them for 249.99

copynpaste
06-15-2007, 11:10 AM
LOL you type up all of that when all you really had to say was "WTB: Cheapskate looking for IPOD"

Dude, its a freakin ipod you can find them everywhere - new or used! Do you need someone to hold your hand when buying it? Do you ask people where to buy your underwear too?

ronaldo
06-15-2007, 11:12 AM
dells days of deals has a 2gb sandisk mp3 player on sale for $89 today

spikerS
06-15-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by copynpaste
LOL you type up all of that when all you really had to say was "WTB: Cheapskate looking for IPOD"

Dude, its a freakin ipod you can find them everywhere - new or used! Do you need someone to hold your hand when buying it? Do you ask people where to buy your underwear too?

Thanks for comin out, i put your post under my previous statement, helpful or NOT.

I have been lookin all over, and for what I am going to use it for, and for how long, I don't want to pay full price. and you are right, they are everywhere, but even used i might as well pay full price as it is pretty much the same price.

but thanks to the other poster who let me know about the refurbished ones, I will check out the website again, never saw the refurbished ones one there.

BrknFngrs
06-15-2007, 11:45 AM
if its just for your car why even bother with an ipod video? I got a 20 gig strictly for my car and paid ~150, sure it was one generation old but its for my car and it works great.

06-15-2007, 12:35 PM
Last Chance Trading Post off of Barlow.

Thaco
06-15-2007, 12:47 PM
FYI, when i was in vegas in 2005, i rented a car which happened to be a PT and it came stock it a AUX input on the front of the deck, so all i had to do is get a cord with a headphone jack on either end and run ti from the ipod's headphones to the cars AUX in.

no need for a crappy FM transmitter

85regal
06-15-2007, 01:50 PM
i have a 30gig one(white) only used once, has been sitting around..still have all cables,manual and box, was brand new, not refurbished. pm if interested.

adamc
06-15-2007, 02:25 PM
laptop depot has factory refurbished ipods of all sizes, cheap

lauphman
06-15-2007, 04:07 PM
If u switch over your bank account to td you get a free ipod

GTS Jeff
06-15-2007, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by copynpaste

Dude, its a freakin ipod you can find them everywhere - new or used! Do you need someone to hold your hand when buying it? Do you ask people where to buy your underwear too? :rofl: Burn.

koopkoop2
06-15-2007, 11:31 PM
Free iPod - 100% legit:

https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/accounts/ipod/index.jsp?referer=http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/accounts/index.jsp

If you already have an account, find a friend who doesn't and pay them to do it for you.

Amysicle
06-16-2007, 12:33 AM
^^ Dunno about you, but no one could pay me enough to switch my account to TD Canada Trust. Well, except if they were paying me a million or more but they could buy tons of iPods with the money they'd be paying me.