highlight:
http://www.403honda.com/photo/july24/image/untitled-5.jpg

Evan
07-25-2002, 08:59 AM
Nice pics.

:drool: Viper.

legendboy
07-25-2002, 09:16 AM
what kind of times did the shifter cart do?

Superesc
07-25-2002, 09:18 AM
was it 41.x???

I know the big winged cart did a high 39?

rage2
07-25-2002, 10:27 AM
I didn't manage to get a clean run in at all last night, very pissed off at myself. First 3 runs, nailed the same damn pylon everytime, had a respectable 46.8s, but with pylon. Last run, just went super slow to make sure I didn't hit nothing, 47.7.

Did a few timed fun runs, 44.7s, 45.2s, no pylons. Too bad they're worth nothing.

Davan
07-25-2002, 12:46 PM
Here are my pics.

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/dwdesign/solo2-6

Note, the pics will only be up for about 1 week (my webspace has been running really thin...)

Enjoy! :)

P.S. Sorry Kenny, the only pic I manage to get of your car (#45)didn't turn out very well... :(

Superesc
07-25-2002, 12:50 PM
Sweet! Nice pics man!!

mischief
07-25-2002, 01:44 PM
Hey rage2, r u running your car with the stock springs? How do the eibachi ones compare to stock? Is there a big difference?

rage2
07-25-2002, 01:51 PM
Stock springs, #1 pads all around. The Eibachs needed #4 front, #2 rear for a good height balance. Car looks awkward now, with the rear high up and the front pretty low (nowhere near as low as Kenny's car though). The Eibach's aren't that much stiffer than the stock springs, maybe 20%? 30%? The front is so soft now that it rubs in the wheel well under hard braking due to the #1 pads. Springs are going back in after Solo2 season's over.

mischief
07-25-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Stock springs, #1 pads all around. The Eibachs needed #4 front, #2 rear for a good height balance. Car looks awkward now, with the rear high up and the front pretty low (nowhere near as low as Kenny's car though). The Eibach's aren't that much stiffer than the stock springs, maybe 20%? 30%? The front is so soft now that it rubs in the wheel well under hard braking due to the #1 pads. Springs are going back in after Solo2 season's over.

What pads does the car come with from the factory?

rage2
07-26-2002, 01:43 AM
#4 front, #2 rear.

4wheeldrift
07-26-2002, 06:49 AM
Some great pics guys. When I did the course design, I wasn't really intending for the start and stop areas to be quite so unforgiving as they were.

mischief
07-26-2002, 09:18 AM
#4 front, #2 rear.

With the eibachi springs, how much faster can you corner with them than the stock ones. In my car, I can confidently take 90 degree corners at about 60-70 kph.

rage2
07-26-2002, 09:58 AM
If you lower your center of gravity by using the #1 pads front and rear, it'll be near equivilent to what the Eibach's can provide, but you will get some awkward rub, especially on the optional 17" wheels. The Eibach's are pretty soft springs, they were designed to lower the car but retain the ride quality of the stock car.

The H&R's on kenny's car is awesome, it's so stiff, on the roadcourse, it gives so much better cornering ability. The understeer that's inherent to the H&R springs for the SLK's is gone because it has the power to kick the tail out to regain a neutral balance.

IMO, there are 2 things that affect cornering performnance. #1 is driver ability. Most people never drive anywhere near their car's limits. You'll learn a lot of track day. #2 is tires. You'll gain more from a set of good street tires (or R compounds if you're hardcore enough) than any suspension mod.

4wheeldrift
07-26-2002, 10:00 PM

(or R compounds if you're hardcore enough

Who me? :D

In total seriousness though, rage2 hit the nail right on the head. 90% of a cars cornering ability comes from the driver and the tires. Without a driver capable of pushing the car to the limit, the most whizbang megabuck suspension in the world is doing no good at all, its dead weight. And without the traction to let the suspension work, its wasted effort.

rage2
07-27-2002, 12:33 AM
I need some R compounds, as well as more practice. It takes me 6 runs before I can reach the car's limits on an AutoX course. Unfortunately, only the first 4 runs are official. Every time we do fun runs after the event, I'm running about 1-2 seconds faster than my best time. That's why I like ProSolo, more runs, as long as I don't get eliminated in the first 2 rounds.

boi-alien
07-27-2002, 12:43 AM
I need some R compounds, as well as more practice. It takes me 6 runs before I can reach the car's limits on an AutoX course. Unfortunately, only the first 4 runs are official. Every time we do fun runs after the event, I'm running about 1-2 seconds faster than my best time. That's why I like ProSolo, more runs, as long as I don't get eliminated in the first 2 rounds.

take me for a ride!! please take me!! hahaha

4wheeldrift
07-27-2002, 07:25 AM

I usually take my first run at driving miss daisy speed to get a feel for the course, then take my next two at maximum attack to try and get a fast, clean time. If I still don't have a clean time, then I'll try dialing it back a little. Most of the books on solo 2 I've ever read recommended going maximum attack right away and then dialing back to get a clean run. Its hard to program yourself to drive the course hard when you're basically blind, having never seen it before. This is where looking ahead comes in, something that I'm just finally starting to master, almost a year after the evolution school.

5gluder
07-27-2002, 12:08 PM
Damn i had so much fun that day. Thanks again Warren for all your help :thumbsup:

4wheeldrift
07-27-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by 5gluder
Damn i had so much fun that day. Thanks again Warren for all your help :thumbsup:

No prob. Sorry about giving you information overload between runs. Glad you had fun :thumbsup: