PDA

View Full Version : Shaw cable customers - TSN alternate feed

urban.one
06-17-2007, 08:13 AM
Shaw stopped regularily carrying the TSN Alternate feed.

They used to have it on the preview channel but then stopped showing it. Ive contacted them numerous times and they "say" if the demand is there, they will add it.

I dont know if it helps but it cant hurt, so please contact them and request that you want the TSN Alternate feed to always be shown.

http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca/CustomerCare/ContactUs

Sales & Customer Care: (403) 716-6000

I usually just fill out this form. It can take them a couple of hours to a couple of days to give you a response. (You will get an auto reply first.)

https://secure.shaw.ca/need_help/Request_Help_Form.asp

You can also use these emails.

[email protected]
[email protected]

dj_rice
06-17-2007, 02:04 PM
If you pay me $50 I'll do all this for you

5hift
06-17-2007, 02:08 PM
The preview channel is just that, a preview channel. Its there to give you an idea of what else is availibile if you want to pay for it.

Its just a weaksauce tsn alternate feed, but if you really want the channel, its like $2.50 a month to add it. Probably makes more sense doing that, then wasting all your time trying to contact shaw trying to get it added for free via complaints.

urban.one
06-17-2007, 04:08 PM
The TSN B-feed is NOT available on SHAW.

In the past, before the last time they moved around the channels, they would run the TSN alternate feed on the preview channel. So whenever there would be two events on simultaneously, the B-feed would show the second event.

Ive got the full Shaw cable/digital/HD package and I would gladly pay the extra $2.50 for the channel but the point is that Shaw doesnt offer it.

Shaw also doesnt offer NHL Centre Ice. This is another sore spot. They tell their call centre reps to blame the NHL and their rights issues for not being able to offer centre ice. The NHL issued a release saying there is no rights issue with Shaw. The fact is that Shaw is not investing in infrastructure and has fallen behind in delivery of its services.

I had the dish in my house which is no getting reno'd and am stuck with cable in my condo for up to the next year.

Originally posted by 5hift
The preview channel is just that, a preview channel. Its there to give you an idea of what else is availibile if you want to pay for it.

Its just a weaksauce tsn alternate feed, but if you really want the channel, its like $2.50 a month to add it. Probably makes more sense doing that, then wasting all your time trying to contact shaw trying to get it added for free via complaints.