PDA

View Full Version : chamillionaire is pimping rides now???

forced_eg
06-17-2007, 12:11 PM
hes on mtv right now, doing a honda crx, did xzibit get replaced or something??

lamp_shade_2000
06-17-2007, 12:16 PM
chrome paint??? EWWWW at least the tacky styling hasnt changed.

DepTrotter
06-17-2007, 12:25 PM
MA audio? isnt that shit from Walmart?

haha this show sucks

thats one of the ugliest CRX's ive ever seen

forced_eg
06-17-2007, 12:38 PM
lol, it probably has the same shit motor under the hood

Dj_Stylz
06-17-2007, 12:39 PM
He said hes filling in for him for one episode lol.

oilerfan4lyfe
06-17-2007, 12:43 PM
I think he was just filling in for that one ep...

Wasn't too impressed with the CRX either - didn't seem like they did as much to it as they do to other cars. I'm still wondering how in the hell you lock the doors so someone can't just slide their hand down your door and rob your ass.

pinoyhero
06-17-2007, 12:52 PM
I dont know why they dont do some nice work for a change. I mean really it cant be good for the shop sponsor, who would take their car there?

WWJAI
06-17-2007, 12:57 PM
I saw the episode about a week ago and personally I actually thought the CRX looked alright. (I'm not a ricer fan) It definitely wasn't as bad as most of the other cars they've done and at least the chrome paint was unique.

As for who would take thier car there??...have you not seen the amount of cars that are brought into the shop there? Being on television exposes your shop to potential customers and they can do custom work to your preferences.

Euro_Trash
06-17-2007, 01:08 PM
I think there was already a thread on this subject, and someone wrote that the ugly mods are usually picked by the producers, and the shop has to follow since that is what they are getting paid to do

crazedmodder
06-17-2007, 01:14 PM
I hate pimp my ride, they always do the gayest shit. You guys should check out overhaulin on TLC. Chip Foose is sick, I've loved every car he has done. And that's saying a lot because all of them are older cars and I normally hate old school cars. There are some videos up on torrentspy, around 1GB each (1HR long episodes), just search for overhaulin.

oilerfan4lyfe
06-18-2007, 08:35 PM
There have been some good PMR eps...the earth day special when they made that thing smoke a Lambo was pretty sweet.

A lot of vans/trucks get absolutely amazing stuff put in them - that ice cream van was effin cool.

Yeah the show can get boring to watch at times, but hey there's no one forcing you to watch...if you get bored just turn off the tv/hit the close button on your media player of choice.

DepTrotter
06-18-2007, 10:08 PM
this show by no means is boring, they just have some pretty stupid ideas for a car. like if you are gonna put a shit load of speakers and screens and this and that you better put a stronger battery than what is currently in the 23 year old vehicle. They neglect anything other than bling

forced_eg
06-19-2007, 09:11 PM
i think they are setting examples of what they can do, nobody in their right mind are going to go there and tell them to pimp their ride, they're going to go there and ask them to do it up to their specs... some of the little gadgets and useless tid-bits can be made to work usefully, like say an office guy wants his laptop popping up from somewhere, or if a promotional truck wants a shitload of screens everywhere, or if a drugdealer wants a bunch of mobilized secret compartments hidden everywhere for his stash(es)