PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Ford wiring.

em2ab
06-17-2007, 12:13 PM
My dad has a 1998 Ford Explorer fully loaded and the power lock function on the driver side door doesn't work anymore. I wanted to know if it was the button so I removed the button by taking the door apart and plugged the button in upside down on the passenger side. It worked perfect. So then I tested the power connections in the door with a voltmeter and the pink/yellow wire on the driver side is not getting power while the same wire on the passenger side is. There's 2 black wires, a red/black wire, a pink/green wire and a pink/yellow wire. The 2 pink wires are supposed to be hot and the blacks are grounds. The wires look perfect, I even sliced it up higher and tested it there but there's still no power in it anywhere. How far back do you think the problem is and what could it be? Any suggestions?

barbarian
06-17-2007, 03:38 PM
There's a good chance the fault will be at the door hing or nearby there.

em2ab
06-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Ya, pinched hey? But the wiring as far as I can see runs from the buttons in the door to the selenoid which controls the locks. But I guess it must run through the hinge, I'll take a look and see if anything rubbed.