PDA

View Full Version : Ferry Corsten?

kongaj
06-17-2007, 03:11 PM
Anyone going to be hitting up Ferry Corsten @ Tantra this Wednesday? I am going. Should be a sick show.
I know Tantra isnt the best venue. Calgary needs a venue like Fever in Edmonton. That would be awesome.

Other DJ's coming to Calgary...

Andy Moor- July 1st
Benni Benassi- July 15th

All should be good!

schocker
06-17-2007, 04:44 PM
wow, i totally forgot about this, i thought it was only the beginning of june. i might still go if there are tickets anywhere and I can find other people to go, otherwise i will have to wait until he comes back. i saw him last summer, it was a good show.

canadian_hustla
06-17-2007, 09:07 PM
I am totally going, it is gonna be wickkkkked!

n1zm0
06-19-2007, 12:55 PM
not to hijack your thread but i have 1 extra ticket, if anyone wants it, 35$-price they were selling for

call 607-9041

tnx!

Vagabond142
06-19-2007, 03:50 PM
I went to Ferry Corsten when he showed a few years back at.... gah, I forget the name of the club, it's symbol was a pyramid and it was in an old theater on Stephen Avenue. Anyways, believe me, it is WELL worth going to a Ferry Corsten event. So much fun, incredible music, and you won't be able to walk straight for days from all the dancin you'll be doing... and yes, even if you don't know how, he gets ya up on the dance floor and gets ya moving

Hakkola
06-19-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Vagabond142
I went to Ferry Corsten when he showed a few years back at.... gah, I forget the name of the club, it's symbol was a pyramid and it was in an old theater on Stephen Avenue.

How could you forget the name of The Palace.

kongaj
06-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Oh i know. Ive been to Armin, Benni Benassi, and Markus Schulz. All amazing.
Im stoked for Andy Moor and seeing Benassi again... also seeing Tiesto in Edmonton in August.
Gonna be a sweet summer.

sabad66
06-19-2007, 09:02 PM
I'll be there...only other trance event i've been to was Above and Beyond/DJ Preach like a month or two ago and I had a good time so it should be fun tomorrow. Also got a ticket for Tiesto in edmonton as well so yeah, should be a fun summer for sure.

TheCheff
06-19-2007, 10:19 PM
I've seen ferry 3 times now and he never dissapoints, once @ whiskey, twice @ tantra, I liked the whiskey show better but all 3 were good. Tantra is gay becasue they make u wait in line even when u have tix. I'm going to see tiesto in vancouver so that should be pretty nutty. I've seen Armin twice now as well so far hes been my fav.

01RedDX
06-19-2007, 11:41 PM

kongaj
06-20-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by TheCheff
I've seen ferry 3 times now and he never dissapoints, once @ whiskey, twice @ tantra, I liked the whiskey show better but all 3 were good. Tantra is gay becasue they make u wait in line even when u have tix. I'm going to see tiesto in vancouver so that should be pretty nutty. I've seen Armin twice now as well so far hes been my fav.

I hope you have floor seats for tiesto because sitting a watching a dj would be so lame

canadian_hustla
06-21-2007, 07:36 AM
I would love to say good things about Ferry's work last night, but did anyone notice it just wasn't all that great.

overrated imo, and I like Ferry Corsten too..

van
06-21-2007, 09:52 AM
Was it dead last night?

l/l/rX
06-21-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by kongaj

I hope you have floor seats for tiesto because sitting a watching a dj would be so lame

hrm thats interesting...well mind you raves like Qlimax in holland are held in an arena/ stadium type venue. people just stand in their seats n dance...

how was ferry though? who was opening? cary chang?

1990nismo
06-21-2007, 11:05 AM
Honestly I have seen a bunch of good DJ shows, but I thought last night was the best one yet!

I think that the only one to top it might be Tiesto in August!

eb0i
06-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by 1990nismo
Honestly I have seen a bunch of good DJ shows, but I thought last night was the best one yet!

I think that the only one to top it might be Tiesto in August!

Daft Punk in late July will kill any of these record spinners:D

kongaj
06-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Ferry was good last night.
Im a huge vocal trance guy, and there wasnt enough of that.
And id tend to agree it wasnt spectacular... but Ferry is still a sweet DJ. When he played Digital punk and the crowd started signing to it, hightlight of the night!
I thought Markus Schulz was better though. Ill have to go see him July 8.

edit
and whats this about daft punk? more info please

canadian_hustla
06-21-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by defekt1
Was it dead last night?

nah it was definately bumpin, no room to move on the dance floor. hot girls everywhere, and even a fight towards the end of it!

Ferry was good last night.
Im a huge vocal trance guy, and there wasnt enough of that.
And id tend to agree it wasnt spectacular... but Ferry is still a sweet DJ. When he played Digital punk and the crowd started signing to it, hightlight of the night!
I thought Markus Schulz was better though. Ill have to go see him July 8.

:werd: :werd: :werd:

no vocal trance at all, which is unusual because a lot of Ferry's stuff is vocal

he basically played the same beats, I found it boring at times.

canadian_hustla
06-21-2007, 10:38 PM
this is probably a long shot,

anyone know the name of the song Cary Chang played (about 3/4) in to his mix set

it was one out of a few vocal songs.

it had piano, and some girl singing..

if anyone could get me a title and name, i would really appreciate it !

kongaj
06-21-2007, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by canadian_hustla
this is probably a long shot,

anyone know the name of the song Cary Chang played (about 3/4) in to his mix set

it was one out of a few vocal songs.

it had piano, and some girl singing..

if anyone could get me a title and name, i would really appreciate it !

not a long shot at all. I freakin love that song. I was singing it while he was playing it. Armin had it on his State of Trance a couple weeks back.
Tried finding it... to no avail. If you do lemme know.

Jonas Steur ft. Jennifer Rene - Fall to pieces (Blackhole)

Almost seems like we should have a beyond meet at these events. haha

canadian_hustla
06-21-2007, 11:22 PM

not a long shot at all. I freakin love that song. I was singing it while he was playing it. Armin had it on his State of Trance a couple weeks back.
Tried finding it... to no avail. If you do lemme know.

Jonas Steur ft. Jennifer Rene - Fall to pieces (Blackhole)

thanks buddy!
that song was the highlight of the whole night imo.

i just need to find the blackhole remix now, seems like a tough one to find.. ill let you know if i can.

eb0i
06-22-2007, 08:14 AM

So you guys can rub vicks all over each other?:D

van
06-22-2007, 08:21 PM
hhaaha sick... I wish the promoters would bring more acts here to the city instead of bringing in the same old acts they do every year around the same time....

schocker
06-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Oh there are some good ones coming during stampede.
DJ AM,
Matt Deekay
Kaskade
Hed Kandi to name a few.

kongaj
06-23-2007, 12:58 AM
I wish Filo and Perry were coming to Calgary.
But Calgary needs a a better venue. Something like Fever in Edmonton.

eb0i
06-23-2007, 01:19 AM

But Calgary needs a a better venue. Something like Fever in Edmonton.

You don't sound like a broken record at all....

l/l/rX
06-23-2007, 10:07 AM
ya i was talking to the manager of fuel and a few waitresses, and they said that, this was cary changs sickest set. wish i could've made it out. o well hes spinning 3-4 times during 10 days of ibiza. i pretty much just go to these events to support cary.

local scene ftw!

van
06-23-2007, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by schocker
Oh there are some good ones coming during stampede.
DJ AM,
Matt Deekay
Kaskade
Hed Kandi to name a few.

Hed Kandi/Deekay will be cool to check out for sure and as for AM and Kaskade - they've been here before. One person that I do want to see is Yahel, not sure if you guys ever listen to his stuff but he's amazing. Some repeats I'd like to see at bigger venues is Fred Baker, Kyau vs. Albert and Ronski Speed, all deserving deejays definitely. I wouldn't mind seeing a dj like Mauro Picotto either haha... I think we need to take a beyond trip to amsterdam

kongaj
06-23-2007, 03:59 PM
And Cary is the nicest guy. So humble.

TheCheff
06-25-2007, 09:18 PM
The lineup for the road to Ibiza @ tantra is actually pretty dope, I'm going to see Marcus Schulz, Blank & Jones and Cosmic Gate. Marcus Schulz new cd Progression is so good if u like house music.