PDA

View Full Version : Maxima Needs Help

dsmerrill
06-18-2003, 12:28 AM
Hey, I have recently Purchased a 2001 Maxima, Im looking into making it street worthy. I pretty much know nothing about cars. What would be the best place to start, how would i go about doing it? Is NOS really worth it? and how bad is it for your engine? Any help would be apreciated. thanks.

04blackMAX
06-18-2003, 12:30 AM
dont get NOS, how about some rims, and springs to start

Hash_man
06-18-2003, 01:14 AM
Well if you want performance, then dont bother with rims to start, the stock springs may be ok as well... I would start with the usual Cold air intake, Headers, and exaust to help your engine breath better. I am not sure though if they are available for your car. Then maybe a performance chip or something.

If you do want nitrous Oxide (not NOS) then I would recomend going with a computer controled setup like ZEX, or Venom. These systems are less risky than others. I have no experience with Nitrous and would recomend a Turbo or supercharger above it, but if it is what u want then go for it.

Dr. Lightspeed
06-18-2003, 01:38 AM
Oh here we go again with the computer controled crap. You can not control af ratio with a venom kit with a normal o2 sensor. ZEX NITROUS MANAGEMENT SOLUTION is simply a diaphragm applying pressure to your fuel pressure regulator. The only thing nice about Zex is if you are out of bottle it will not dump more fuel in your engine not a big deal just bogs for a second. Buy nothing but a wet kit or you will be soory one day when you have a lazy injector. Nitrous Express guarantees all there horsepower ratings within 2% no other manufacture can guarantee that. Yes it is more money but heh you get what you pay for. Awet kit guarantees proper air fuel mixture from your nitrous system. One of the biggest power adders is to put a new downpipe on your maxima they are really corky.

b16Ateg
06-19-2003, 08:11 PM
if you wnat to learn alot about maxima's go to www.custommaxima.com its a site were you can learn alot about your car and get the parts you need to tear up the street...i would say buy the supercharger... and down pipe and cold air to start off with... if you ahve the cash to spend on a supercharger... but ya go to the site you can buy shit off it too.. and dont' go to nos unless you are prepared to say bye to your engine...

DonJuan
06-21-2003, 11:55 PM
The oxaust on the newer maximas have to be one of the most restrictive ones i have ever seen. Such a small diameter and soooo many bends and stuff. It just cries out for aftermarket help. Now only if my dad will see that i am tryin to HELP his 03 Maxima then it'll be all good.

Dr. Lightspeed
06-24-2003, 11:25 PM
B16Ateg explain to me why a Supercharger is safer for a car then a properly installed nitrous system. Just for once I would like to hear a good reason. We are the central Canadian distribter for NX and I have installed plenty of systems. A properly installed nitrous system along with a healthy engine is fine. Just the same as a properly installed SC. Both systems increase the VE of an engine in the same manner so why is one riskier than the other. Maybe it is because people have watched too many movies or been on the internet too long listening to other so called experts. Also note I said properly installed on a healthy engine.

atomic
06-24-2003, 11:39 PM
dr. lightspeed is entirely right . and he knows . if u could purchase super/turbo systems for cheap, then we'd hear the same complaints about them as we do nitrious . becuase any joe blow could install them and damage engines .

the issues with nitrious if the fact the cost is little . so anyone .. and i mean anyone can install it .. however, an improper installation WILL harm your engien .. which is WHY there are companies like Diablo Performance with motorheads like Dr. Lightspeed .

So nitrious may have a bad rep, but it's due to neglect and ignorance .. NOT because it's "bad" ..

dsmerill. i would recommend you PM dr. lightspeed privately and discuss with him a solution within your budget . u WILL be surprised .

Dr. Lightspeed
06-24-2003, 11:43 PM
To add to that cheap kits so many go for the inexpensive dry(ZEX) kit and if anything is wrong with the fuel delivery system you also run into problems. Please don't give me that Nitrous Management System crap either (another fancy name for cheap wet kit)