PDA

View Full Version : Tsx

2.2vtec
06-18-2003, 01:36 AM
what are your guys opioins on the car? I test drove an automatic a couple of days ago and was not happy with the perfomance. Also i couldn't really feel the punch from the ivtec, are all ivtec like that cause on vtec prelude etc you feel it alot more.

Hash_man
06-18-2003, 01:51 AM
Ya my dad was considering one, I was with him for the test drive in the automatic and off the line, I swear my 89 accord could beat it.. it seemed really shitty in low end torque. So he ended up with a 2003 3.2tll a-Spec, and the lease was even cheaper than the TSX.

GTS Jeff
06-18-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec
what are your guys opioins on the car? I test drove an automatic a couple of days ago and was not happy with the perfomance. Also i couldn't really feel the punch from the ivtec, are all ivtec like that cause on vtec prelude etc you feel it alot more.

u arent supposed to feel ivtec because ivtec isnt the same as the old vtec.

Originally posted by Hash_man
Ya my dad was considering one, I was with him for the test drive in the automatic and off the line, I swear my 89 accord could beat it.. it seemed really shitty in low end torque. So he ended up with a 2003 3.2tll a-Spec, and the lease was even cheaper than the TSX.

there isnt a single honda engine around hte same size that puts out as much low end torque of the k24. so yea, its safe to say that your butt dyno sucks.

why is it that all u guys must use automatics to judge the cars performance? thats so blatantly --stupid--. for u two goofs: the tsx runs high 15s. fyi, thats pretty close to the prelude, and a shitload faster than some 89 accord (which runs mid40s)

lammer
06-18-2003, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

why is it that all u guys must use automatics to judge the cars performance? thats so blatantly --stupid--. for u two goofs: the tsx runs high 15s. fyi, thats pretty close to the prelude, and a shitload faster than some 89 accord (which runs mid40s)

hahaha mid 40s, so true.

buh_buh
06-18-2003, 03:33 AM

there isnt a single honda engine around hte same size that puts out as much low end torque of the k24. so yea, its safe to say that your butt dyno sucks.

The TSX only has 166 ft lbs of torque, and what same size motor are you comparing it to? You are also sitting in a automatic sedan. 166 torque would in fact feel pretty damn slow in a 3500lb sedan.

Well, the high 15 the TSX runs is at sea level, and stock Preludes run low-mid 15's here in Calgary at this elevation, so in reality, that is not close to the Prelude at all.

mad_psyentist
06-18-2003, 07:45 AM
If you're looking to judge performance man, don't test drive a frickin' auto. Period. Now, go hang your head in shame.

Hash_man
06-18-2003, 09:46 AM
OK, I know that overall the TSX is definately slower than the 89 accord, but it just seemed so gutless off the line... we also test drove a 6spd which was a bit better, but to get any power out of it, you had to keep it revving really high... Nice car, but in my opinion it really needs more low end torque.

Paul
06-18-2003, 10:23 AM
Sorry for the inturuption, but I'm thinking of trading in the Type R for a TSX. I know the car has a lot of potential, being the JDM accord there is a huge aftermarket for parts already available for those who have access to parts directly from japan. I think the car looks outstanding (mugen makes a really nice kit) and the performance has some serious pull when it comes to modding out a TSX. One option would be importing the AWD system from Japan. It's a smaller engine but AWD kicks ass (IMO).

PS: If i get a TSX I'd really like to race your 89 Accord, you must be an incredible driver to keep up.

2.2vtec
06-18-2003, 10:37 AM
i read in a magazine that the awd system on the tsx isn't set up for performance use at all but was only brought in as a saftey option only. Is this true?

GTS Jeff
06-18-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh

The TSX only has 166 ft lbs of torque, and what same size motor are you comparing it to? You are also sitting in a automatic sedan. 166 torque would in fact feel pretty damn slow in a 3500lb sedan.

Well, the high 15 the TSX runs is at sea level, and stock Preludes run low-mid 15's here in Calgary at this elevation, so in reality, that is not close to the Prelude at all.

forgot about that elevation thing haha :nut:

but if we compare this k24 to any other honda engine around the same size, it DOES make a lot of lowend torque. the whole point of ivtec is to make lowend torque with camshaft variability.

OK, I know that overall the TSX is definately slower than the 89 accord, but it just seemed so gutless off the line... we also test drove a 6spd which was a bit better, but to get any power out of it, you had to keep it revving really high... Nice car, but in my opinion it really needs more low end torque.

do u even know what lowend torque is?????? :dunno: heres a dyno that shows that u, in fact, have no idea what torque is.

http://sohc.vtec.net/news_files/102319/04tsx_ck.jpg

see, the tsx actually makes MORE torque down low than it does in the high revs!!

i read in a magazine that the awd system on the tsx isn't set up for performance use at all but was only brought in as a saftey option only. Is this true?

err i could be wrong on this, but i believe the jdm accords have an awd system similar to our cr-v awd system. i dont believe that honda would put it into the tsx cuz the tsx would be damn slow with an awd system. awd adds another 200ish lbs and u guys are already complaining that the k24 (an amazing engine) isnt good enough to haul around 3200lbs. (thats right 3200, not 3500 buhbuh...this car is probably lighter than the accord)

GTS Jeff
06-18-2003, 12:18 PM
hm dead link. here is the dyno sheet.

szw
06-18-2003, 12:21 PM
Ooohh flat...

max_boost
06-18-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh

Well its actually 3223lbs for the manual and 3311lbs for the automatic.

Originally posted by Paul
Sorry for the inturuption, but I'm thinking of trading in the Type R for a TSX. I know the car has a lot of potential, being the JDM accord there is a huge aftermarket for parts already available for those who have access to parts directly from japan. I think the car looks outstanding (mugen makes a really nice kit) and the performance has some serious pull when it comes to modding out a TSX. One option would be importing the AWD system from Japan. It's a smaller engine but AWD kicks ass (IMO).

PS: If i get a TSX I'd really like to race your 89 Accord, you must be an incredible driver to keep up.

TSX owns all in styling points. For that price, I take it over the 325I BMW and C230, not to mention the amenities that come equip with it
:D

2.2vtec
06-18-2003, 01:29 PM
yeah would have to say the trim in the tsx is top notch!

max_boost
06-18-2003, 01:32 PM
yeah would have to say the trim in the tsx is top notch! If power was on top of your dad's list, I suggest looking into the BMW 330, Infiniti G35, or Subaru WRX with the latter being the best bang for your buck!

Oh yah, forgot the TL Type S.

syeve
06-18-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
If power was on top of your dad's list, I suggest looking into the BMW 330, Infiniti G35, or Subaru WRX with the latter being the best bang for your buck!

:werd:

Except the 330...I personnaly think the other cars would hand a 330 its ass...if we're talking about staight line speed of course...

max_boost
06-18-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by syeve

Except the 330...I personnaly think the other cars would hand a 330 its ass...if we're talking about staight line speed of course... I think the 330 is under-rated from the factory. A fellow Beyond member by the name of C-Wave ran 14.6 stock at Race City! I think thats fairly impressive :thumbsup:
Plus I test drove a 5 speed 330 before and can vouch for its performance vs. a WRX.

syeve
06-18-2003, 02:10 PM
I think the 330 is under-rated from the factory. A fellow Beyond member by the name of C-Wave ran 14.6 stock at Race City! I think thats fairly impressive :thumbsup:
Plus I test drove a 5 speed 330 before and can vouch for its performance vs. a WRX.

OH man...14.6 stock!!!...oooops :angel:

2.2vtec
06-18-2003, 11:17 PM
If power was on top of your dad's list, I suggest looking into the BMW 330, Infiniti G35, or Subaru WRX with the latter being the best bang for your buck!

It's not for my dad it's for myself!:D

GTS Jeff
06-18-2003, 11:36 PM

It's not for my dad it's for myself!:D dood, the tsx is like the perfect car other than that its not amazingly fast going straight. for the price, its got way more extras than its competition, it handles well, and is simply gorgeous. if u want straight line speed for cheap...buy a mustang.

my only question is, why did u testdrive an auto? is that what u plan on buying? why automatic?

2.2vtec
06-18-2003, 11:45 PM
i test drove the auto cause they didn't have a 6 speed for test drive. I just wanted to get an idea of how the car rides when I deceided to test drive the auto.

CRXguy
06-18-2003, 11:51 PM
I think the 330 is under-rated from the factory. A fellow Beyond member by the name of C-Wave ran 14.6 stock at Race City! I think thats fairly impressive :thumbsup:

I believe C-Wave ran that 14.6 with 18's. :thumbsup:

Anyways, I remember the 330xi you drove. It had good power, but still doesn't compare to my car. Even when it was stock! :tongue:

Seanith
06-18-2003, 11:55 PM
i really like the look of them..if they had a v6 they would be seriously sweet..

FiveFreshFish
06-18-2003, 11:57 PM
TSX owns all in styling points. For that price, I take it over the 325I BMW and C230, not to mention the amenities that come equip with it
:D

IMO, the A4 wins in styling.

2.2vtec
06-18-2003, 11:58 PM
nothing beats acura reliability though:D

bksze
06-19-2003, 03:23 PM
i say you get an accord sedan with the V6, it's cheaper before options and it's got more power, plus it's fairly nice aesthetically

IMO, a better bang for the buck car than the TSX

Seanith
06-19-2003, 04:33 PM

Team_Mclaren
06-19-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by bksze
i say you get an accord sedan with the V6, it's cheaper before options and it's got more power, plus it's fairly nice aesthetically

IMO, a better bang for the buck car than the TSX

TSX looks a lot better!!!IMO:clap:

GTS Jeff
06-19-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by bksze

IMO, a better bang for the buck car than the TSX while i dont know from personal experience, c&d contends that the tsx drives WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than the accord, due to chassis tuning ie sway bars, strut braces..

FiveFreshFish
06-20-2003, 12:03 AM
Repost from March car show: 1

FiveFreshFish

FiveFreshFish

FiveFreshFish
06-20-2003, 12:04 AM

FiveFreshFish
06-20-2003, 12:04 AM

bksze
06-20-2003, 12:06 AM
while i dont know from personal experience, c&d contends that the tsx drives WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than the accord, due to chassis tuning ie sway bars, strut braces..

so i've heard also . . . but in a 4 door sedan, i don't know if he'll notice the handling to really make that difference but I'm sure he'll notice the 40 extra horses

all in all, it's ultimately up to the driver to decide, whatever floats his boat

Kona9
06-20-2003, 12:42 AM
:angel:

Kona9
06-20-2003, 12:42 AM
lowered with silent rage decal added star filter

benyl
06-20-2003, 10:54 AM
Looks, I would take the TSX. Power, the Accord with the new 3.0 ivtec engine when they bring it to North America...

Maybe they will bring it with the TSX-S? 6-speed, LSD, etc...

Moonracer
06-20-2003, 12:43 PM
TSX article click here (http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/features/0305ht_acura/)

benyl
06-20-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer
TSX article click here (http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/features/0305ht_acura/)

Wow, there is a lot of bias in that article...

a little less:

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=6742

If it came in a wagon, I too would buy one tomorrow

Hash_man
06-20-2003, 01:16 PM

Ha ha, Man, i know that the TSX is definately faster than the accord, all I said is that it "seems" really slow off the line and the accord "feels" faster than it off the line, I never said that the accord is actually faster, because it isn't.. I just think that the tsx feels really really slow off the line.
I do think that the TSX is a really nice car though, and my dad would have got a 6spd TSX, but with the amazing lease rate, the 3.2tl-s A-spec was cheaper monthly... and definately was a good choice too!

Altezza
06-20-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by benyl

Wow, there is a lot of bias in that article...

a little less:

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=6742

It still amazes me that C&D never bothered to test a 5MT IS300 other than the base model with 16" all-season tires. Oh well...if the TSX was $5k cheaper, I'd buy one.

GTS Jeff
06-20-2003, 09:34 PM

Ha ha, Man, i know that the TSX is definately faster than the accord, all I said is that it "seems" really slow off the line and the accord "feels" faster than it off the line, I never said that the accord is actually faster, because it isn't.. I just think that the tsx feels really really slow off the line.
I do think that the TSX is a really nice car though, and my dad would have got a 6spd TSX, but with the amazing lease rate, the 3.2tl-s A-spec was cheaper monthly... and definately was a good choice too! so u must be judging acceleration based on suspension squat..

treg50
06-21-2003, 09:45 PM
The TSX is "hardcore" as I like to say. Take your pick of articles (see above) Hondatuning OR Car & Driver, the final verdict on the TSX is still very favourable. :clap:

Looks EVEN more gorgeous in person... especially in Milano Red or Premium White Pearl... *Dreaming* of what the TSX will look like with the Acura aero-kit and the 5 spoke alloys (3 good-lookin' factory Acura alloy designs to choose from).
:nut: :drool:

Moonracer
06-21-2003, 11:31 PM
It's the 4 door I would take, I love it! Good engine, interior is stylin' and the body.....mmmm so sexy....lol I want it, I want it now. :rofl:

Hash_man
06-22-2003, 01:00 AM
YES!... I really Love how this car looks... personally I like it in Black with the Tan leather interior. The car would look amazing with some nice rims and aero kit.!

jdmakkord
06-22-2003, 02:07 AM
Should see the pearl white one my girl just picked up last week!!! Too bad it makes my car look even worse.

max_boost
06-22-2003, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
Should see the pearl white one my girl just picked up last week!!! Too bad it makes my car look even worse. :thumbsup: Good choice on color! Now pressure her to pick up the Aero Kit!!!:bigpimp:

jdmakkord
06-22-2003, 09:59 AM
:thumbsup: Good choice on color! Now pressure her to pick up the Aero Kit!!!:bigpimp:

She didn't like the factory aero kit, but the fogs got the:thumbsup:
Besides, she likes the look of the mugen kit anyways.

Hash_man
06-22-2003, 12:30 PM
She didn't like the factory aero kit, but the fogs got the
Besides, she likes the look of the mugen kit anyways.

:drool: I would love to see one of those in person with the Mugen kit.. that would be amazing!