PDA

View Full Version : Happy Carolina Day!!!

accordboi_02
06-19-2007, 12:59 AM
Well it is officially June 19, so it is time to celebrate the one year anniversary of the Hurricanes ending the CinderOilers run, and sending them on their downward sprial to the crap team we all knew they were!

To celebrate, I made a little video for everyone to enjoy. Please feel free to share it with any fellow Flames, Oilers or Hurricane fans!!!

http://members.shaw.ca/hahastupidoilers/Happy_Carolina_Day.swf

(Please excuse the video as it was my first time ever using Flash, so it may not be the best quality!)

hjr
06-19-2007, 01:07 AM
bad year for oil indeed. glad to see you are focusing on what is wrong with your neighbors, rather than yourself

Jlude
06-19-2007, 01:16 AM
hahaha you've got nothing better to do at 1 am than make that video?!?!?!

Or you just really hate the oil...

gofastmerc
06-19-2007, 08:52 AM
LOL at the pic of Smyth as Jesus. :rofl:

DepTrotter
06-19-2007, 09:00 AM
this is fucking stupid

bspot
06-19-2007, 11:27 AM
That was awesome!! Hahah

Skyline_Addict
06-19-2007, 11:45 AM
chris pronger's wife is HOT

Moonracer
06-19-2007, 12:10 PM
I got a few chuckles out of it. Good effort!

Lex350
06-20-2007, 12:56 PM
fwt!!

Rocky
06-21-2007, 11:16 PM
I was busy with the World Cup at this time...

but yeah, screw the Oils, thank god for Carolina putting an end to that garbage

crx/gsr
06-21-2007, 11:25 PM
hahahah gold pure gold
props on making that low budget film so good lol :goflames:

Orbie
06-22-2007, 12:10 AM
Just saw this paragraph while reading the Mike Keenan article on NHL.com, thought this thread would be appropriate for it:

With the Oilers in rebuilding mode, management has taken an unusual step to try to convince prospective free agents that Edmonton wouldn’t be the worst place for them to sign.

According to The Edmonton Journal, the team has produced an eight-minute DVD – “Welcome to Oil Country” – as an antidote to a recent Hockey News poll in which 283 players who were surveyed listed Edmonton and Buffalo as the two NHL cities they would least like to be traded to.
Ouch...

Troy
06-22-2007, 05:47 PM
Ah gotta love the hate towards the oilers from Calgary too bad your team is much worse then ours :D

Orbie
06-22-2007, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Troy
Ah gotta love the hate towards the oilers from Calgary too bad your team is much worse then ours :D

Go back and read the quote above your post, unless NHL.com for some reason surveyed 283 players from Calgary in that poll, we definitely aren't the only ones that hate Edmonton...good luck to you guys with your DVD.

iceburns288
06-22-2007, 08:05 PM
Fuckin' rights man. I like this Carolina Day stuff:D

Troy
06-23-2007, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Orbie

Go back and read the quote above your post, unless NHL.com for some reason surveyed 283 players from Calgary in that poll, we definitely aren't the only ones that hate Edmonton...good luck to you guys with your DVD.

I did read the quote, where is Calgary mentioned on this list? If this is true you think Calgary is going to be rated any higher?

accordboi_02
06-23-2007, 08:42 AM

I did read the quote, where is Calgary mentioned on this list? If this is true you think Calgary is going to be rated any higher?
Calgary was rated higher - much higher... in fact, Edmonton had 4 times as many players say they wouldn't want to go there than Calgary had.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/en/news/news.asp?idNews=24100

It's not the city that keeps players away, it's the management... no NHL player wants to deal with Lowe, MacTipsy, Nichols, and the rest of the EIG.

And no NHL player wants to play for a crap team that is going nowhere but down.

Good news for you is at least the Oilers will be in the Tavarres sweepstakes come 2008 draft... until he pulls a Lindros and says "hell no I am not playing there" :rofl:

GenerationX
06-23-2007, 08:45 AM
haha fuckin oilers are fucked.

2002civic
06-23-2007, 10:14 AM
hahah stupid greasers

viff3r
07-04-2007, 06:31 PM

Iginla and Regehr agree to sign long term deals for arguably less then what they would command on the free market in a year's time to stay with a team whose management is committed to its players, and in a city that loves it's team.

Sarich signs here and says how excited he is to play for the team.

Nolan signs here and says how he can't wait to get back into a groove with the Flames and show that he still has it in him.

K Lowe & co. fuck things up with Smyth and trade him away, only to have him sign with a division rival in the offseason.

Chris Pronger. nuff said.

Peca. Again, nuff said.

Haven't heard anything from the Pitkanen camp but I'm guessing he is less than thrilled at being traded to a dump hole, judging by his silence so far.

I could go on....

...oh but I'm sure Raffi is really pumped to be an Oiler for another 3 yeras :rofl: maybe he can work on an even worse +/- next year.

Fucking greasers. Great video btw!!! Happy belated Carolina Day.