PDA

View Full Version : Neighbor Backed Into my car (pics)

Crazyjoker77
06-20-2007, 01:57 PM
alright this car has yet again been struck with bad luck this morning i come out to my car and find a note on my front windshield "i hit your car [name & address]"

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/591000-591999/591018_59_full.jpg

I call her up she wants to pay for it out of her pocket but she wants to cut me a cheque for it after supper so i just want to make sure the estimate i got is accurate for the damage to make sure there are no further issues once i get it repaired.

Also you cant really tell but the bottom of the mirror was ripped off as well so that needs replacing too.

i was quoted 1430$ by feliks autobody.
-this includes repair&refinish of the door
-panel blending
-new mirror ( 370$)
-and paint for the mirror
-labor

asuth077
06-20-2007, 02:03 PM
Why is she in such a rush to pay?

Take it to the shop and she can pay them directly when the work is done. That would avoid any problems.

Hakkola
06-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Crazyjoker77

i was quoted 1430$ by feliks autobody.
-this includes repair&refinish of the door
-panel blending
-new mirror ( 370$)
-and paint for the mirror
-labor

obviously im gonna order some mirrors off ebay since there like 20$ and pocket the rest of the cash...

They told you $370 for a new mirror? :eek:

I wouldn't pocket $350 personally, she was honest enough to leave a note, you should be honest enough to not rip her off.

teggypimp95
06-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Dude done use them! My gf just got her civic back from there from her mom back into her fender and the did a horrible job!

He totally took advantage of my gfs mom and charged her wayyyy to much, then we get it back with the fender covered with bubbles under the clear coat, a paint drip on the fender, and it almost looks like there is a little line or scratch in the paint under the clear coat. Not to mention they did a horrible job of putting the fender lining back in. It doesent even stay in place right. They took 3 days longer just for a fender than what we were told.

And to top it off, they gave us a 1990 sunbird rentel that was a peace of shit. It smelt like ass, stains all over the inside, a tank of gas lasted like 150 k, and it was missing the muffler so it was loud as fuck. Not acceptable to give to some one in my books.

Now when we call him to have him fix it, he is giving us attitude, saying it must be rock chips were mistaking them for. HA he is an fucking retard. PLease stay away!

bobby_lu
06-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

I wouldn't pocket $350 personally, she was honest enough to leave a note, you should be honest enough to not rip her off.

:werd:

DNSDJS
06-20-2007, 02:07 PM

agreed

*russell peters*

BE A MAN ....
DO THE RIGHT THING.....

oh i love that man.. lol
:bigpimp:

BrknFngrs
06-20-2007, 02:09 PM

my thoughts exactly, she fucked up but she stepped up and took care of it and you try and rip her off. Its because of tools like you that insurance is so messed up here, im suprised your not claiming you have whiplash even though you werent in the car.:guns:

LuxCars
06-20-2007, 02:09 PM

yeah, don't be like that man, your lucky she didn't drive off and make you pay the full price to fix your own car.
be honest and don't do shit like that.

sputnik
06-20-2007, 02:14 PM

Simple karma.

Be thankful that she left a note. My neighbour backed into my car with his and I had to confront him about it at his house 24 hrs later.

Luckily he was a rig worker making good money and didn't want the cops involved (he was drunk making a beer run at midnight and wanted to sober up before telling me) so he paid the $950 estimate in cash the next day.

boxer23
06-20-2007, 02:17 PM

obviously im gonna order some mirrors off ebay since there like 20$ and pocket the rest of the cash...

FOR SHAME:(

Lucky97
06-20-2007, 02:17 PM
i am guessing your car is a integra? anywas i can get you like a used mirror for like a quarter of that price. and same color too. just let me know.

LongCity
06-20-2007, 02:23 PM
No good deed goes unpunished.

JRSC00LUDE
06-20-2007, 02:28 PM

With intelligence like that being displayed I thought 929 had come back under a new name until I saw you've been here since 05. Why be a thief? Who's that going to help (other than you)? Get an estimate from a shop of your choice and let her pay them directly. Otherwise, post her phone number.

Kids these days...... :thumbsdow

BoS_DC2
06-20-2007, 02:29 PM
you should actually get an estimate on the car to restore it to it's exact condition instead of ripping her off and getting a new mirror + paint while yours doesn't even have paint. You're a pretty crappy neighbour if you're going to do what you said you were doing.

thinmyster
06-20-2007, 02:34 PM
I agree with everyone in the thread. Even though its a huge inconvience to you... had you been in the car i would say go for it. But since she was nice enough to write you a note i would just be honest.

Lucky97
06-20-2007, 02:42 PM
lying gets you no where. do the right thing and be honest. its not like this poor lady meant to hit your car., shit happens.

SilverGS
06-20-2007, 02:47 PM
If we punish the people who are honest in our world there won't be any left. Which of course is happening.. sigh...

Crazyjoker77
06-20-2007, 03:45 PM
how am i lying i showed her the estimate she was fine with paying it. I didnt go to the most expensive shop out there i went to the one i used to paint my car last time. The mirrors are painted too btw. Im not ripping her off in any way. She has to cover the cost to return it to the way it was. If i wanted to be a real prick i could have them reskin the door and it would be much higher or make her go threw insurance and screw her premiums.

And the only reason she crashed and left a note was because she was staring at the shirtless men painting my house. and she only left the note once one of them confronted her... how do i know, the painters told me...

as for the 200 im saving on the mirrors i think thats only fair ive probably spent that much on gas gettin the estimate done plus the time i dont have my car. as well as my own labor to put the mirrors on...

All i wanted to know from you people was if 1100$ sounds right for the repair to the door. well just leave the mirrors out of it for now.

as for why she wants to pay today is because im leaving tommorow for a couple weeks.

so unless you have something that actually pertains to my question go troll somewhere else i shouldnt have to explain myself to you.

also this is the second time in 6months this car has been hit by a woman while its been parked. Do i have a target painted on my car somehwere:dunno:

Crazyjoker77
06-20-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
Dude done use them! My gf just got her civic back from there from her mom back into her fender and the did a horrible job!

He totally took advantage of my gfs mom and charged her wayyyy to much, then we get it back with the fender covered with bubbles under the clear coat, a paint drip on the fender, and it almost looks like there is a little line or scratch in the paint under the clear coat. Not to mention they did a horrible job of putting the fender lining back in. It doesent even stay in place right. They took 3 days longer just for a fender than what we were told.

And to top it off, they gave us a 1990 sunbird rentel that was a peace of shit. It smelt like ass, stains all over the inside, a tank of gas lasted like 150 k, and it was missing the muffler so it was loud as fuck. Not acceptable to give to some one in my books.

Now when we call him to have him fix it, he is giving us attitude, saying it must be rock chips were mistaking them for. HA he is an fucking retard. PLease stay away!

as for this post...

i have used them before when that really massive hail storm hit a year or two ago they repainted and repaired both my cavalier and eclipse as well as my dads 300c.
paint job and repair was flawless. I also had them mold over where i had to roll the fenders for my veritcle doors on the eclipse with great results. My only complaint was that they went way over there time when they did the eclipse it was 2weeks for the cav and 300c but took 4 1/2 months before i had the eclipse back.

I will agree with you that some of their staff is borderline retarded but they have a excelent spray person(mabey they had the apprentice paint your fender) and the body man i dealt with did a good job popping out over 500 dents im sure between all 3 cars.

ca18det240sx
06-20-2007, 04:01 PM
I dont think its fair to pocket anything from the thing. Its being dishonest when she was honest. Did she hit your car before when it was parked? no, that was somebody else, so what does that have to do with it. Karma is a bitch man, and if you are dishonest youll get it back.

my .02

ken-gsr
06-20-2007, 04:04 PM
also this is the second time in 6months this car has been hit by a woman while its been parked. Do i have a target painted on my car somehwere:dunno:

umm maybe its karma being a biotch? :dunno:

Crazyjoker77
06-20-2007, 04:08 PM

so unless you have something that actually pertains to my question go troll somewhere else i shouldnt have to explain myself to you.

Enough said

Guess trolls cant read:drama:

ca18det240sx
06-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Didnt notice the part about the painters confronting her. Still think lying about it is wrong, but not so against it after reading that.

ca18det240sx
06-20-2007, 04:11 PM

Enough said

Guess trolls cant read:drama: Can read it just fine, just think your an idiot is all.

msommers
06-20-2007, 04:12 PM
And the only reason she crashed and left a note was because she was staring at the shirtless men painting my house. and she only left the note once one of them confronted her... how do i know, the painters told me...

That is fucking harsh man. Why are there only a handful of people left with a conscience?

Take the advice of teggypimp95 and get it done somewhere else. You could ding her for quite a few things if you wanted to but don't take extra money just for your benefit. If you really need a car, make her pay for a rental. I had sympathy for this lady as no one but you knew the whole story...but now I see how shady she is:guns: If you can, take it somewhere else, get a price for everything to restore it to pre-accident condition and get the cheque.

This reminds me of an accident only a couple weeks ago. I'm helping my buddy's girlfriend move in and we're pulling furniture out of the cube van. Just as we are pulling the couch out, this girl backs into a car parked behind us. She gets out, looks at the car, looks at my friend and I and has the nerve to say "does that dent look like it came from me?" Without bursting out in laughter I said "does it look like anyone else is around?" So we bring up the couch, see her go back into her car and look through her glovebox for what I thought would be her information. We come back down, she's gone and no note left. We go back upstairs to grab some paper to leave the license plate number, and the hit car is gone!

JRSC00LUDE
06-20-2007, 04:15 PM
how am i lying i showed her the estimate she was fine with paying it. as for the 200 im saving on the mirrors i think thats only fair ive probably spent that much on gas gettin the estimate done plus the time i dont have my car. as well as my own labor to put the mirrors on...

If a shop told insurance it cost $300 when it only cost $100 and pocketed the rest, that's fraud. How is it any different if you do it?

Peoples comments on that do pertain to your original post because you are the one that typed it and people responded to what you typed. If you don't want people to call you on it, don't type it. Pretty fucking simple.

Edit - Just replying to the comments, not trying to be an asshole to you in any way. I've been there, 3 hit and runs, a vandalism and a break-in within the last 12 months.

BrknFngrs
06-20-2007, 04:17 PM
i love how the "fact" that the lady was going to run until the painters confronted her only came up after you were getting bitched out for being a scammer. Seems fishy to me...

Crazyjoker77
06-20-2007, 04:29 PM
well at least were getting somewhere closer to a answer>< it would be completely different if i had more time to deal with this but im due to leave for 2 or more weeks in the next few hours so i dont have time to go get more estimates. I still fail to see how im lieing. When i first called her i asked her if there was a shop she wanted me to get a quote from she left the choice up to me.

as for being nice. I was nice about the last two accidents i was involved in and was screwed both times.

FIrst one being in winter when i hit some black ice and spun out friend that was following me also hit the ice and hit me. Legally he was at fault but i decided to go 50/50 with him since he was a good friend(and poor)... to this day hes only paid me half.

then when the other woman hit my bumper while it was parked. i was nice and got a aftermarket bumper outa the states for half the price had it painted and put it on myself. It took me over 2 months to get ahold of her once it was repaired to get money out of her.

karma eh?

Crazyjoker77
06-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
i love how the &quot;fact&quot; that the lady was going to run until the painters confronted her only came up after you were getting bitched out for being a scammer. Seems fishy to me...

really doesnt matter i have 3 statements from the painters so call bs all you want... I really didnt relize people where gonna bitch at me for some lady hitting my parked car.

Okay so ill charge her cost of the mirror plus make her rent a car for me im sure that will make her a lot more happy..

ANyway this post was only to try and get a quote from people who have expierance or work in a body shop to tell me how they agree with the quote

euro_racer
06-20-2007, 04:58 PM
if you decide that you will buy the parts, i got the complete door with glass and mirror that i could sell you.

pm me if you wanted it