06-20-2007, 08:55 PM
Hey all, I'm looking to sell my Toshiba M40 lappy, basically, the specs are:

Pentium M 750
2048MB DDR (upgraded)
80GB HD
Geforce 6600 Go
DVD+/-RW
Memory card reader, etc.

Comes with Windows XP, includes all original documentation and DVD's. Was just recently restored, and cleaned of some of the sponsorware crap that usually comes on computers these days. A new theme was also installed (I hate the default silver/green Windows theme Toshiba insists on using).

Asking price is $600 FIRM. (SOLD), includes Microsoft wireless laptop mouse, and still has just over 1 year remaining on the extended warranty through Future Shop.

Condition of the laptop is pristine, with no noticeable scratches or flaws. I'll post pics soon.

Remember, there are other laptops on this marketplace with better processors, but in this model you get the dedicated graphics card.

EDIT: I'm back from my trip and available to answer all questions.

Hit me back.

2nd EDIT: Some people have brought to my attention the fact that I may have been asking a bit much. I'm not desperate to get rid of it, but I'd like it gone, so I've adjusted the price again. "Buy me!", says the laptop.

EDIT 3: Seriously... the shitty laptops you can buy for SOLD are nowhere near as good. Man, buy this thing, I want my new laptop!

FINAL EDIT: Sold, finally. Thanks everyone.

Canadian_2K
06-20-2007, 09:35 PM
Alrighty, here are some pictures:

http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/4976/laptop1ai0.jpg

http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/9094/laptop2ek9.jpg

Canadian_2K
07-31-2007, 11:42 AM
$900 OBO. Just got back from vacation, let me hear your opinions.

Canadian_2K
08-03-2007, 09:52 AM
Why no interest? Geez, an other guys HP laptop was getting interest at $600, and it had 1/4 the ram, no dedicated graphics card, and a desktop processor so it sucked battery hard.

I don't get it, it's OBO, so come on, give me offers!

Canadian_2K
08-04-2007, 09:05 AM
New price, someone buy it.

Canadian_2K
08-10-2007, 08:16 PM
$600 FIRM.

tha_bandit
08-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Canadian_2K
Why no interest? Geez, an other guys HP laptop was getting interest at $600, and it had 1/4 the ram, no dedicated graphics card, and a desktop processor so it sucked battery hard.

I don't get it, it's OBO, so come on, give me offers!

dude the same goes for mine, http://forums.beyond.ca/st/174717/fs-toshiba-laptop-core-2-duo/

low offers for higher spec laptops round here

good luck hope you find a decent buyer

Biga Ramrod
08-14-2007, 09:43 AM
Your laptop looks in great shape and has great specs. I think the reason you haven't sold it yet is because new laptops recently dropped in price. What people need to remember is that new laptops around this price ($500-$700) are really, really crappy. They have half the ram, a slow processor (Celeron) and the graphics are integrated. There is no comparison. I think you're asking a fair price.

dude1331
08-16-2007, 06:35 PM
would you make a straight rade for a wii package? if your interested its listed in the video games section and the price has been reduced to 530 on it so this would be a fair trade.

Canadian_2K
08-17-2007, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by dude1331
would you make a straight rade for a wii package? if your interested its listed in the video games section and the price has been reduced to 530 on it so this would be a fair trade.

Sorry, but I'm looking to sell the laptop so I can put money towards a Macbook Pro. So, at this point, a trade doesn't interest me. Thanks for the offer though.

crusaders6
08-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Still for sale ?

pei_boy
08-28-2007, 10:28 AM
I was all set to buy this off him - we were working out the details - and he disappeared.

:dunno:

Canadian_2K
08-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by pei_boy
I was all set to buy this off him - we were working out the details - and he disappeared.

:dunno:

Yah, well, not so much disappeared as tried to call you and you didn't answer. I mean, hey, if you're still interested, great. But don't go claiming like I disappeared when I called you on Sunday like you'd asked and there was no reply... several times.

Anyways.

pei_boy
08-29-2007, 07:07 PM
My bad. -- And my apologies if thats the fact.

bosanel
08-29-2007, 09:18 PM
Too bad I don't have the right cash till wed/thur next week...

Id so get it..

Canadian_2K
08-30-2007, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by pei_boy
My bad. -- And my apologies if thats the fact.

Yah, alright, no problem. I was fine, I just figured maybe you lost interest. I get into the habit of only checking PM's, since it's way quicker than bringing up a thread, so I hadn't seen your post about be not 'responding' sooner.

In that vein, however, if you're interested in the laptop, would you please PM me?

And for those of you who also didn't know, I'm located in Red Deer, so meetings are preferably in town here. I know it seems like an assy thing to do, but I need to travel so much to Edmonton lately that it's just simply not worth going toward Calgary most of the time anymore, it's just too much out of the way.

Thanks all.

Canadian_2K
09-06-2007, 10:58 PM
SOLD!!! Finally, jeez. Thanks everyone for your help.