PDA

View Full Version : Where to get an axe sharpened?

Mixalot27
06-21-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm going camping to Waterton this weekend. I have a axe which is dull as hell due to missing the wood and hitting the ground on many drunken camping trips. Does anyone know where I can get an axe sharpened? Would Home Depot do it? Or perhaps a Knife store?

I tried both Canadian Tire and Sports Check but both places looked at me like I'm crazy. People get kind of nervous when you walk up to them carrying an axe. Who would of thought. :rofl:

sputnik
06-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Buy a file and do it yourself.

Shouldnt take much more than 10 minutes.

Its not like an axe has to be razor sharp to chop wood.

spike98
I just use an angle grinder and do it myself. If you decide to do it make sure you dont heat it up too much as you might weaken the steel. They dont have to be extra sharp to work like they are suppose to, unless your hacking up hookers....

BrknFngrs
knife shop, if they can sharpen a knife they should be able to sharpen an axe, or do it yourself.

bobby_lu
06-21-2007, 03:11 PM
ask Robert Pickton :rolleyes:

PINOY-X
06-21-2007, 03:17 PM
jsut do it urself ... itll save u some money and it wont take much time at all to do it

Mixalot27
06-21-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Buy a file and do it yourself.

Shouldnt take much more than 10 minutes.

Its not like an axe has to be razor sharp to chop wood.

Maybe I will get a file or sharpening stone and try it myself. I 've never done it before so I thought it might take a longtime. I didn't want to have to sit there for 2 hours doing it. But like you say maybe its not to hard. Still I would rather find a place to do it on a machine if I can. I don't imagine it would cost much anyway.

Originally posted by bobby_lu
ask Robert Pickton :rolleyes:

Yeah I guess he would know.
:rofl: