PDA

View Full Version : Omegacell Calgary

kenny
06-21-2007, 08:49 PM
Omegacell is opening a store in Calgary in August, does anybody know where it will be located?

bonjoey
06-21-2007, 09:59 PM
Nice! :thumbsup:

wildrice
06-21-2007, 10:05 PM
i find that omegacell is overpriced

spyce
06-22-2007, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by wildrice

Compared to where?
expansys.ca?

I dunno. You should also factor in that they ship overnight to you for all their orders over $50. So that probably factors a little in to the price.

I think they're a great place though. Bought a couple of phones off em already and were very helpful :)

j0nblayz
06-22-2007, 08:45 AM
i always bought my phones from them. Real good price. Maybe we can do another group buy from them. I did a group buy from them for the slvr, and i think it was like 50-80 dollars off.

98type_r
06-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by spyce

I think they're a great place though. Bought a couple of phones off em already and were very helpful :)

+1 for great service at omegacell

Redlyne_mr2
06-22-2007, 10:35 AM
ya they are more money compared to easycell.ca

littledan
06-22-2007, 12:41 PM
omegacell has great customer service. i had bought a razor off my buddy and after about a year it crapped out. i went in to omegacell and told martin that i hadnt bought the phone from them and it was buggered. he reflashed it for free to see if that would fix the problem. well it was still buggered so i ended up picking up a new phone from them and he gave me a great deal.

:thumbsup:

shakalaka
06-22-2007, 12:52 PM
Martin is a great guy, I've bought countless number of phones from him. Easily like 10+ and everytime he gives me a discount on a different purchase just for being an old customer.

kenny
06-22-2007, 01:54 PM
Omegacell is top notch for customer service and the free shipping is great. Hopefully they'll be a sponsor on here to get some exposure! :D

dragonone
06-22-2007, 03:29 PM
they're overpriced compared to markways

toyboy88
06-22-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Omegacell is top notch for customer service and the free shipping is great.

:werd:

Redlyne_mr2
06-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Omegacell is top notch for customer service and the free shipping is great. Hopefully they'll be a sponsor on here to get some exposure! :D
honestly thats a huge selling feature then because you never know what youre getting with some of these gsm phones.

Importz
06-22-2007, 04:57 PM
omegacell overprice there phone by $50 bux n up.....:thumbsdow

Raven_R1
06-22-2007, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by wildrice

Plus 10..I got my Prada about 730 Cand to my door.....so they sell 900 US

toyboy88
06-22-2007, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Importz
omegacell overprice there phone by $50 bux n up.....:thumbsdow

If it's overpriced by around ~$50-75 I have no problem paying for that "extra" excellent customer service and free express one-night shipping.

eb0i
07-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88

If it's overpriced by around ~$50-75 I have no problem paying for that "extra" excellent customer service and free express one-night shipping.

No kidding. I just bought a phone from Omegacell and they treated me like a King. Threw in a few extras for free and received my phone the very next day. Omegacell FTW:thumbsup:

dragonone
07-23-2007, 06:33 PM
same service, fast shipping, and lots of extras (for me) with markways
coupon 'hofo'

eb0i
07-23-2007, 10:18 PM
I am currently having a bad experience with Markways so I can't agree with you. I was going to buy a phone through them (on July 18th, 2007) and when I came to the check out and used my credit card I realized that after the credit card surcharge it wasn't worth the hassle. So I didn't complete the transaction (didn't click the "complete transaction" button). However there is no "cancel transaction" button so I just hit the back button (on their page not my browser back button). Checked my online Visa statement today and for some reason Markways charged me TWICE ($1152 in total) for the incomplete transaction. Called Visa and sent my dispute through earlier today. I never received any confirmation of purchase email either. Also to top it off Markways does not have a phone number to contact only email...oh the irony. :thumbsdow

soupey
07-23-2007, 10:21 PM
everytime ive bought something from them theyve had no problem matching other online retailer prices like puremobile.ca and easycell.ca...

eb0i
07-23-2007, 10:55 PM
just bad luck i guess then. sucks it had to be me :banghead:

l/l/rX
07-24-2007, 01:08 AM
is this service really THAT good?

this SE s500i on omegacell goes for $375.

i found it on ebay for $264usd + $30 shipping. with 100% user rating. it could be at my door in 3 days.

just out of curiosity why do you guys choose to go through omegacell? ya omegacell has that 1 day shipping thing, but man i wouldnt mind waiting a few days n save $50 bucks instead of spending an EXTRA $50.

like i said, is the service REALLY that good to be buying a cell from these guys? or is it other things?

Impreza
07-24-2007, 01:32 AM
Markways called me about a day after I received my phone to ask whether I had received my phone and to see whether I liked the phone, etc. They went far and beyond to make sure I was satisfied with my purchase. They also asked if there was anything they could do to improve their service! Nice to know that there are still companies out there that pride themselves on good customer service!, especially and online store!

omegacell
08-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Hey guys,

The address of the new store is #203, 1019 17th Avenue SW and it should be open in the first week of September as long the last of our equipment comes in on time.

As for pricing on group buys etc. please feel to contact us at [email protected] if you want to arrange something. I'd be more than happy to help.

For those of you who were wondering about matching other online Canadian retailers pricing, you can also contact me on the subject. Keep in mind guys that we are not an online retailer! You can walk into our stores and check out any of these phones and they are in stock. I know that many of you in Calgary only know us online because we don't have a store there at present. But for you guys who are online buyers and know what you want, don't be shy about asking for something if you'd rather deal locally and in person :)

We look forward to meeting some of you in September!

OC

roopi
08-26-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by omegacell
Hey guys,

The address of the new store is #203, 1019 17th Avenue SW and it should be open in the first week of September as long the last of our equipment comes in on time.

As for pricing on group buys etc. please feel to contact us at [email protected] if you want to arrange something. I'd be more than happy to help.

For those of you who were wondering about matching other online Canadian retailers pricing, you can also contact me on the subject. Keep in mind guys that we are not an online retailer! You can walk into our stores and check out any of these phones and they are in stock. I know that many of you in Calgary only know us online because we don't have a store there at present. But for you guys who are online buyers and know what you want, don't be shy about asking for something if you'd rather deal locally and in person :)

We look forward to meeting some of you in September!

OC

Glad to hear you'll be opening up here soon. Just picked up a HTC Touch from the Edmonton store on Saturday. First new phone in a while and I love this thing. Excellent service once again.

kenny
09-04-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by omegacell
Hey guys,

I went by the store a few nights ago, looks like you guys are about ready to open as everything was in place (cept the phones of course) :)

Hopefully I didn't look like I was trying to break in

:D

omegacell
09-25-2007, 12:46 PM
It's open now, would love to meet some of you guys... And again, don't be shy about asking about prices :)