PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2007-2008 edition

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

forced_eg
06-22-2007, 02:31 AM
Seeing that the nhl playoffs are over and the NHL draft is tommorow, i think its appropriate to fire up a new thread for this year

since their are no big trades/signings yet and their isnt as much hype about the northwest confrence, i think that a higher than 8th/lower than division champ prediction is in order

who do you think is going to be #1 overall and who is going to be the bastard dissapointment pick of the season

i say ryan Mcdonagh 1st overall and kyle turris as the "rico fata" of this year

Si_FlyGuy
06-22-2007, 06:28 AM
Sorry man, you're not allowed to start an official flames thread unless you're Kirbs.:rofl: :whipped:

mac_82
06-22-2007, 06:58 AM
I am not sure how I feel about this Aucion trade. Today it will be official and we find out who we gave up. If he can stay healthy it may be a good move, but if we lose Stuart + Hammer for Aucion, that could be a disaster. Hopefully we can sign Hammer.

Phaneuf-Hammer
Regehr-Aucion
Warrener-Gio
Hale/Susan

mac_82
06-22-2007, 06:59 AM
Andrei Zyuzin for Aucion.

Not bad. :D

forced_eg
06-22-2007, 09:16 AM
not bad at all... but i zyuzin for some reason, but he just kept fucking up, nice wrist shot though

btw: im working tonight, is there going to be internet broadcasts of the whole thing??

CaptainReboot
06-22-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by forced_eg
not bad at all... but i zyuzin for some reason, but he just kept fucking up, nice wrist shot though

btw: im working tonight, is there going to be internet broadcasts of the whole thing??

Yeah, it should be on TSN boardband

toyboy88
06-22-2007, 12:32 PM
"Watch live coverage of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, today at 7pm et/4pm pt on TSN Broadband."

:thumbsup:

slick2404
06-22-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Si_FlyGuy
Sorry man, you're not allowed to start an official flames thread unless you're Kirbs.:rofl: :whipped:

:rofl:

forced_eg
06-23-2007, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Si_FlyGuy

understandable... kirbs is free to fire up a new one, i'll participate either way... where can i find a re-run of the draft

spyce
06-23-2007, 02:30 AM
Man I was hoping we would be able to draft Thomas Hickey. Have a soft spot for him since he's friend's younger brother.
Was surprised to see him go 4th though :eek:

hjr
06-23-2007, 06:17 PM
its not an nhl thread either. too many problems that way. you have a
1- calgary thread
2- edmonton thread
3- nhl thread

this is how it works. people arnt smart enough to keep it sane and cool, so the threads have to be split up

asp integra
06-23-2007, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by spyce
Man I was hoping we would be able to draft Thomas Hickey. Have a soft spot for him since he's friend's younger brother.
Was surprised to see him go 4th though :eek:

ya that was crazy, ive know his older brother dan for a long time, thats crazy that he went 4th, congrats to him!

forced_eg
06-24-2007, 10:57 AM
damn, i dont know why people write off aucoin right away, he had some great numbers with nyi, but fell off with chicago

DepTrotter
06-25-2007, 11:26 AM
in other news, i met dion phaneuf yesterday at edo of japan in westhills, hes a pretty nice guy, and hes quite buff too, he thinks aucoin was a great addition to le team

Moonracer
06-25-2007, 11:54 AM
damn, i dont know why people write off aucoin right away, he had some great numbers with nyi, but fell off with chicago

No doubt you never really know until he plays with the team. He may just feel right at home and be a good addition, I think he might...

ProjectR
06-25-2007, 01:05 PM
think calgary will make any more moves?

spyce
06-25-2007, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by ProjectR
think calgary will make any more moves?

i think we'll definitely acquire another defensemen that can fill a top 4 role. and if not (if pricing for defensemen goes through the roof) then i think someone who can occasionally fill that top 4 role

i was reading some rumours on us going after hannan. apparently it looks like we wont close the deal on hammer and i think stuart is pretty much gone too :(

forced_eg
06-25-2007, 10:19 PM
ryan smyth :thumbsup:, i believed it for a while but id rather keep tangs, i hear brent krahn will finally backup this year, great news in case kipper loses his touch or is an injury bug... if he does well, its a reason not to sign him long term...

i think we should sign lankow long term before we have cap troubles next year

a friend of mine has alot of faith in boyd and taratukin, but how is he going to communicate well, with zyuzin gone??, think sutter/keenan will think about that during trade season??

forced_eg
06-25-2007, 10:22 PM
taken from htr
"On a different note, HTR believes that Calgary could be poised to make a run at Todd Bertuzzi to play along side Iginla. Bertuzzi blossomed under head coach Mike Keenan in Vancouver and may need to have Keenan push his buttons to get going once again. The one thing that is no surprise about Keenan is that he gives his star players top ice time."

spyce
06-25-2007, 10:30 PM
taken from htr
"On a different note, HTR believes that Calgary could be poised to make a run at Todd Bertuzzi to play along side Iginla. Bertuzzi blossomed under head coach Mike Keenan in Vancouver and may need to have Keenan push his buttons to get going once again. The one thing that is no surprise about Keenan is that he gives his star players top ice time."

im all for that move
id have him slotted on the second line to play with huselius and lombo
it could be the wce version 2 :D

Nissanaddict
06-25-2007, 10:40 PM
Taratukhin managed well in Omaha last year with no Russians if I'm correct (I may be missing somebody, but I don't recall any being there). I've heard he's learned a ton of English. I am quite high on both Taratukhin and Boyd, and believe both will make the team out of camp. I think Prust also has an outside shot depending on how the signings and such unfold in the next little while. Rumours on the go:

Trade a pick for rights to pre-emptively negotiate with Smyth as per Peter Maher. He did mention it, but however I believe it was only once, and he hasn't said anything about it since

Scott Hannan: Also a blurb by Maher, which he mentioned on more than one occasion from what I've heard

Tom Preissing: Rumoured to go to every team by their respective fans. The reason is likely because he was the leader in +/- for defensemen on his team in the regular season 2 years in a row on 2 different teams. He won't eat minutes, but the numbers indicate that he's solid 3rd line guy, and seems to have a lot of assists (led San Jose Dmen in even strength assists in 05-06 suggesting that he's a good puck mover). He can likely be had for 2.5 million or less unless he's really greedy/somebody's willing to overpay.

Todd Bertuzzi: Keenan connection. I don't want this one...seriously.

Martin Gelinas: Minor blurbs here and there due to the 04 and the Keenan factors. Sure these are usually unfulfilled, but sometimes they come to fruition

All I can think of right now.

SilverRex
06-26-2007, 07:23 AM
Has anyone talked about the 24th pick with Mikael Backlund? Top Sweeden player. Isnt Huseliuse Sweeden as well? perhaps they would be dynimite playing together.

its strange that no other team took much european in the 1st round. Hopefully this is a good break for calgary. I think Calgary needs some serious top euro scorer to make calgary a even greater threat in the nhl.

forced_eg
06-26-2007, 08:27 AM
wasnt backlund top 2nd skater in europe??

SilverRex
06-26-2007, 12:51 PM
wasnt backlund top 2nd skater in europe??

yes 2nd overall ranking for european player, but 1st for sweeden player. which I think is awesome. considering they had the 24th pick, you would think all the top 5s would be gone by then.

Mr_John
06-26-2007, 01:02 PM
I think its great that Calgary got Backlund. I remember he did very well and I do believe he was the top scorer on Sweden during the juniors. Chereponov was a great steal for the NYR as well as the Penguin's picking up Esposito.

I cannot wait for Backlund and Taratukhin to enter the Flames team. The Flames players were even excited with Taratukhin's playmaking and youth from last year.

spyce
06-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Theres now rumours floating around *ahem* roger millions *ahem* that regher is considering playing out east when his contract expires this upcoming season
suggesting that maybe sutter might trade him..

max_boost
06-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Ok my source says.....Flames sign Ryan Smyth to a 4 year $22million contract. Bertuzzi will sign in the 1.2 million/year range. Hamrlik and Stuart are gone. Flames will look for another defenceman somewhere.

:goflames:

Moonracer
06-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Max.....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

air_mikey
06-27-2007, 02:51 PM
Don't forget about the trade rumors of Tanguay heading to Montreal. Definitely don't want to see this happen...

SuPhistiKatEd
06-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Regehr might go. He wants out...or is going to be "given out." A few sources have said that the Flames will move Regehr to dump some salary, if Smyth is signed. Penguins are interested. NY Islanders have also expressed interest in Hamrlik.

It would be sad to see Regehr go, as I think he's a good, young defenseman. Very solid.

Oh, I can hardly wait till July 1st!

Si_FlyGuy
06-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Bring on the mullet madness!!:goflames: :goflames: :goflames:

max_boost
06-27-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer
Max.....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: haha I know. I agree :D

lexIS300
06-27-2007, 04:32 PM
i love tangs.

but if they did get rid of him i would love to see paul kariya in a flames uniform.

hks
06-28-2007, 02:48 PM
id like to see a calgary defense that looks like this

regehr-hannan
boynton-phaneuf
aucoin-gio
hale

trade warrener for anyone

forced_eg
06-28-2007, 10:27 PM
with the raised cap (maybe), wont we have room for tangs and smyth?? keep in mind were dumping (?) amonte, friesen, hamrlik, and stuarts salaries... i love tangs because he has instant chemistry w/anyone he's paired with, and i cant remember the last time where smyth took a night off

max boost... whos your source??

Si_FlyGuy
06-28-2007, 10:51 PM
please sign brierrreeeeee:goflames:

HyperZell
06-29-2007, 06:09 AM
Whoa, I just had a weird dream where the Flames signed Schumacher, which was a huge deal as a defenceman because Regehr got traded. I'm glad to see this isn't true (yet), and if you have never heard of Schumacher you're not crazy - he doesn't exist.

In other news, how sick would a Tangauy-Briere-Iginla line be?

Si_FlyGuy
06-29-2007, 07:37 AM
Michael Schumacher'd pretty goot at cutting French Cabadians off.

spyce
06-29-2007, 07:45 AM
so it looks like we resigned primeau and hale
both solid resignings
glad we get to keep primeau. liked how he played for us when he got traded here :)

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212166&hubname=nhl

D'z Nutz
06-29-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by spyce
so it looks like we resigned primeau and hale
both solid resignings
glad we get to keep primeau. liked how he played for us when he got traded here :)

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212166&hubname=nhl

Can't really complain about that. Though he didn't produce a lot of goals/assists, I liked Primeau's effort when he got there too. Hopefully he'll be able to add to his numbers a bit more this season for us.

spyce
06-29-2007, 02:22 PM
Cap is now up to 50.3 mill :D

forced_eg
06-29-2007, 11:46 PM
:eek: every team can have a detroit/nyr salary now!!! depends on which owners will splurge and which ones are cheap bastards, this is great news because the cap will be pushed by every canadian team because the canadian hockey market is and will always be insane...

Hakkola
06-30-2007, 01:27 AM
:eek: every team can have a detroit/nyr salary now!!! depends on which owners will splurge and which ones are cheap bastards, this is great news because the cap will be pushed by every canadian team because the canadian hockey market is and will always be insane...

Actually, it is bad news. When the U.S dollar is strong again our teams will get owned, since all salaries are paid in U.S dollars. We'll be back to trying to keep edmonton, calgary, and ottawa from going bankrupt. The league will be the same as it was before the cap, only difference is the league wide revenue sharing, but the league has to be profitable. Canadian owners outside of Toronto will take the dollar into account, I doubt any other Canadian cities will have a 50 mil payroll.

Where is all this money coming from without a good t.v deal?

Nissanaddict
06-30-2007, 03:23 AM
From Bettman's lying face? The floor is only 5m less than the cap was the first post-lockout season. Can the Nashvilles even reach that normally? Or will they have to take large cap hits and pay less by taking on front-loaded contracts of older players (which aren't even really there yet) Either Bettman's really stupid, or he's just a puppet and the board of governors is nucking futs. Either way
Make the world a better place
Punch the acre of real estate in between Bettman's hairpiece and his face.

mac_82
06-30-2007, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

Actually, it is bad news. When the U.S dollar is strong again our teams will get owned, since all salaries are paid in U.S dollars. We'll be back to trying to keep edmonton, calgary, and ottawa from going bankrupt. The league will be the same as it was before the cap, only difference is the league wide revenue sharing, but the league has to be profitable. Canadian owners outside of Toronto will take the dollar into account, I doubt any other Canadian cities will have a 50 mil payroll.

Where is all this money coming from without a good t.v deal?

The cap is tied into league revenues.

The players only get 55% of the revenue, as opposed to pre-lockout 65-75% or so. The revenue to back up the cap is the big difference.

The cap has grown 28.9% in the past 3 years. The Canadian dollar has gone up 21% versus the US$ in that time frame. If the Canadian dollar drops a huge amount, I think it is safe to say the cap will go down as well.

Example, if the Canadian dollar depreciates to the aprox. average of 1.35 (since 1976), the league revenue from Canada would drop 25%, affecting the salary cap significantly.

spyce
07-01-2007, 11:17 AM
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212413&hubname=nhl

sweet :D

mac_82
07-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Great news. Now we just need to sign Kipper @ 5.5-6mill for 4-5 years, and we will be set.

:D

Gondi Stylez
07-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Perfect! I think we will sign Kipper to a 4-5 year extension as well within the next week or so!!

:goflames: :goflames:

Gondi Stylez
07-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Well we have already started beefing up our defense! Signed Cory Sarich for 5 years at $18 million

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212427&hubname=nhl

I think he will bring great size and physically play to our team! :thumbsup:

88CRX
07-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Don't really know much about Croy Sarich but:

The 28-year-old from Saskatoon appeared in every game for the Lightning for the past four years.

Another body back on the blueline never hurts. I really hope we sign another d-man though :dunno:

mac_82
07-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Great replacement for Hammer. And cheaper too. Hopefully we sign someone like Priessing and we will be good to go :thumbsup:

HybridTheory
07-01-2007, 02:55 PM
:thumbsup: On the Iggy deal

I don't know much about Sarich but he should be a good addition to the team

I wonder what our defense pairings will look like for next season...but anyhoo :goflames:

mac_82
07-01-2007, 04:02 PM
regehr - sarich
phaneuf - aucion
gio-warrener
hale

stevieo
07-01-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by mac_82
Great replacement for Hammer. And cheaper too. Hopefully we sign someone like Priessing and we will be good to go :thumbsup:

i don't see how he can replace hamrlik considering they play two diffrent styles..

sarich is more of a defensive-play the body type..

but whatever, promote a few kiddies from teh farm, get another d-man and a few depth signings and we should be looking good.

toyboy88
07-01-2007, 06:53 PM
IGGY IGGY IGGY!!!

OI OI OI!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mac_82
07-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by stevieo

i don't see how he can replace hamrlik considering they play two diffrent styles..

sarich is more of a defensive-play the body type..

Not an exact replacement, but Sarich is younger, more physical, and better positionally than Hammer. He can play 20+ mins a night and will fit in the top 4 nicely. He is entering the prime of his career, where Hammer is on the decline over the next few years.

stevieo
07-01-2007, 10:46 PM

Not an exact replacement, but Sarich is younger, more physical, and better positionally than Hammer. He can play 20+ mins a night and will fit in the top 4 nicely. He is entering the prime of his career, where Hammer is on the decline over the next few years.

k we are talking about two diffrent things.

I didn't say he wasn't gonna be a better player or what not, i just said they have two diffrent styles of hockey play....

HyperZell
07-01-2007, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by stevieo

k we are talking about two diffrent things.

I didn't say he wasn't gonna be a better player or what not, i just said they have two diffrent styles of hockey play....

Stevieo is right - Sarich is a completely different defenceman. More of a stay-at-home guy that's dependable not outstanding. Let's not get carried away with this one guys - it's not a big deal. Especially not if Regehr stays, which I'm hoping he does. He definitely will not make as big an impact as Hamrlik (take that how you will). I would love to see Hammer take a bit of a pay cut and stay with the Flames - he's still very skilled and can play well paired with the right partner.

mac_82
07-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Put all those Regehr rumours to rest.

http://flames.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=326968

D'z Nutz
07-02-2007, 11:47 AM
I'm glad to hear they're very clear with their intent on keeping Tangs as well.

HyperZell
07-02-2007, 11:50 AM
Put all those Regehr rumours to rest.

http://flames.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=326968

Fantastic, and it looks like they'll try to hang on to Tanguay as well. Now it's all about actually getting it done...

Gondi Stylez
07-02-2007, 04:15 PM
And Sutter will start working on a deal with Kipper once he comes back from Finland! Looks very promising!!

I am sad to see Hammer go but I think Regehr was the main signing! Too bad we didn't push for Nylander... I would have loved to see him in a Flames uni! :goflames:

HybridTheory
07-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Flames just signed Owen Nolan to a one year contract

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212564&hubname=

Hakkola
07-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by HybridTheory

WHAT? YEAH!!!!!!! That is wicked man!

D'z Nutz
07-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by HybridTheory

Holy shit, that's crazy!! Almost didn't believe it when I read it

TeamBestBud
07-02-2007, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

WHAT? YEAH!!!!!!! That is wicked man!

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Holy shit, that's crazy!! Almost didn't believe it when I read it

That's how I felt when we signed Tony Amonte and we all saw how great that turned out to be..

gpomp
07-02-2007, 06:42 PM
hopefully he can play a bit better than amonte.

regehr, 5 year $20 million

Weapon_R
07-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Aside from a few unexplained signings (Sarich, Aucion) this team is looking pretty serious for the next year!

mac_82
07-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Really happy about Regehr signing with a no-trade clause. I was pretty worried when I heard he wanted out.

:clap:

Sutter likes to have a couple vets around. While not expecting much out of Nolan for next year, he scored 40 points last year, and hopefully will be good for 30-35 with us. I would much rather see him here than Amonte/Friesen/McCarty resiging.

forced_eg
07-02-2007, 11:32 PM
iginla is deadly and he is the face of the flames... but a 7mil salary is something that can be shed

i like the idea of nolan coming to town.. yet thats the same way i also felt about amonte, friesen,

what position is nolan anyways??

HybridTheory
07-03-2007, 12:54 AM
iginla is deadly and he is the face of the flames... but a 7mil salary is something that can be shed

i like the idea of nolan coming to town.. yet thats the same way i also felt about amonte, friesen,

what position is nolan anyways??

I believe that Nolan plays RW

DepTrotter
07-03-2007, 08:21 AM
i always used to pick nolan up as a free agent when i'd play nhl on xbox haha.. i've grown to like him

SilverRex
07-03-2007, 09:26 AM
is it me or this thing about sutter bringing in former SJ player or players sutter's coached in the past is how he make deals?

I keep thinking at this rate, eventually our entire team will be what SJ use to be many years back haha,

exacept we have the service of Iginla, Regher, and Tanguay on top of it.

The fact Nolan is finally in a flames jersy still excites me nonetheless, lets just hope Sutter can sign Kipper to long term, then we will be set for playoff hockey bound for the next couple of years.

I believe one more big name free agent signing would complete the flames. And finally, I think we are ready to become an elite team, while others like Nasville, bufflo are falling apart.

88CRX
07-03-2007, 09:43 AM
I certainly hope Nolan does better then Amonte or Freisen or McCarty did after we signed them... I dunno :dunno:

spyce
07-03-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX
I certainly hope Nolan does better then Amonte or Freisen or McCarty did after we signed them... I dunno :dunno:

If anything its just a good depth move for rw on our team . I read somewhere its 1.75 mill plus .25 for incentive bonuses. Im pretty sure he'll do well here. Got 40 somethign points on a phoenix team and was said to look a lot better as the season progressed last year (had a year or two off due to injury)

If not..he's off othe books next year anyways :)

HyperZell
07-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Gondi Stylez
And Sutter will start working on a deal with Kipper once he comes back from Finland! Looks very promising!!

I am sad to see Hammer go but I think Regehr was the main signing! Too bad we didn't push for Nylander... I would have loved to see him in a Flames uni! :goflames:

http://www.nhl.cz/files/tymy/cgy4.jpg

Gondi Stylez
07-03-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by HyperZell

http://www.nhl.cz/files/tymy/cgy4.jpg

YOUNG GUNS!!!!!!!!!!!! :goflames:

SuPhistiKatEd
07-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Byron Ritchie picked up by Canucks.

Not really a huge loss, but he had his good games and was there to stick up for other guys when they needed it.

forced_eg
07-03-2007, 05:19 PM
yes, but his attitude sometimes would be a penaly minute liability... give him a couple years and pair him with the right linesmates and he could be an asset to vancouver.. any half assed individual can look good when paired with the right people, cough "anson carter" cough

bobby_lu
07-04-2007, 08:38 AM
any half assed individual can look good when paired with the right people, cough "anson carter" cough

lol...canucks fan that I maybe, cant help but laugh at his misfortune cuz everyone saw it coming.

mac_82
07-04-2007, 09:42 AM
The Calgary Flames have signed team captain Jarome Iginla and Robyn Regehr to 5-year, contract extensions, the club announced Wednesday.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212707&hubname=

:goflames: :goflames: :goflames: :goflames: :goflames: :goflames:

D'z Nutz
07-04-2007, 10:09 AM
That's fucken awesome news to wake up to :goflames:

Two down, one to go!

PINOY-X
07-04-2007, 10:20 AM
so did flames sign kipper yet ? ... i mean no point of gettin all of this players without a good goaltender....

D'z Nutz
07-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by PINOY-X
so did flames sign kipper yet ? ... i mean no point of gettin all of this players without a good goaltender....

They're waiting for him to get back from Finland before they iron out any deals.

PINOY-X
07-04-2007, 10:34 AM
ohhh gotcha .. i hope they do make a deal ... hopefully they will do alot better in the playoffs this year ... which they should !

Ajay
07-04-2007, 12:13 PM
I would be surprised if Kipper didn't sign an extension with the Flames.

This is why you love the Flames. Regehr and Iginla could easily have received higher salaries by testing the UFA market next summer but they chose to stay in a city that loves its hockey and its players.......while Edmonton can't even get Nylander to commit to them.

:goflames: :goflames: :goflames: :goflames: :goflames:

Can't wait for the season to start!

93mr2gt
07-04-2007, 12:21 PM
Sweet shiet...Iggy and Reghr both signed for 5 years extension...Iggy avgs about 7mil a yr, which is not a ridiculous price and Regehr about 4mil a yr...nice move

kongaj
07-04-2007, 10:18 PM
Its nice to see the Flames have a solid foundation for the next few years.

HybridTheory
07-04-2007, 10:51 PM
:goflames: I'm glad Regher is set to go as well! Now just waiting on Kipper :goflames:

max_boost
07-04-2007, 11:09 PM
As long as the cornerstones remain together. Everyone else can be interchanged. :goflames:

Moonracer
07-04-2007, 11:27 PM
We're all set
Wake me up when September ends! ;)

forced_eg
07-04-2007, 11:58 PM
good to hear krahn will finally accept that he has to crawl before he can run.... seems like he wants to fill cam ward's shoes

i always thought kipper could be disposable or replaced, but when looking back at the tureks/mclennans/brathwaites/fuhrs/vernons/tabaracci's/wreggett's, i think FUCK NO!! please sign kipper asap

USHER
07-05-2007, 12:34 AM
haha you forgot trevor kidd

Nissanaddict
07-05-2007, 01:15 AM
That's a nice list of goalies. Trivia question: Who was the 4th goalie in line the year the Flames signed Braithwaite (the guy who got injured that triggered the Braithwaite signing?

Gondi Stylez
07-05-2007, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Nissanaddict
That's a nice list of goalies. Trivia question: Who was the 4th goalie in line the year the Flames signed Braithwaite (the guy who got injured that triggered the Braithwaite signing?

It was either Andre Trefilov or Tyler Moss :devil:

R!zz0
07-05-2007, 01:51 AM
Was it giguere? :dunno:

TeamBestBud
07-05-2007, 02:22 AM
JS Giguere

forced_eg
07-05-2007, 08:43 AM
man i left out alot, i worked with trevor kidd when i was a kid, well, he was a printing press feeder and i'd like annoying the shit out of him by zooming around on pallet jacks like scooters

mac_82
07-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Wregget and Moss were the 1-2 tandem.

Both got hurt and Giggy was recalled from the AHL, and Trefilov was then traded for from Chicago.

Then Tyrone Garner was brought up from the Oshawa Generals to play before we signed Brathwaite from the Canadian national team.

88CRX
07-05-2007, 10:07 AM
What ever happened to that chubby goalie Medvedev we drafted haha....

the 90's were such a shit show with the entire organization :rofl: