PDA

View Full Version : insurance rates

stevescivic
06-22-2007, 09:45 AM
I am the only driver of the following 3 vehicles:

1991 Civic Sedan daily driver - super high mileage but in decent shape
1990 Honda CRX Si - pleasure use
1992 Honda Civic Si - pleasure use

I am with ING insurance and I'm wanting to save as much as I can to insure these vehicles. I'm not sure whether or not it would be worth getting collision on all of them. I am a careful driver but I guess we all buy insurance for a reason.
I would like to buy comprehensive insurance on everything but I know it will be murder insuring all 3 cars.

What do you guys suggest I do to save as much as I can on the insurance premiums?

Right now I'm paying 118 bucks a month for driving the 1991 sedan and the 1992 Civic Si. These 2 vehicles right now have full coverage including collision. The 1992 Civic Si is classified as a pleasure vehicle.

Thanks

lilmira
06-22-2007, 10:13 AM
Do they call it pleasure vehicle? Or leisure? Pleasure doesn't sound quite right.

I don't think comprehensive is that much on older vehicles. Liability is usually the bulk of your payment. I would just get rid of one car if I were you.

Give them a call and ask them. That's their job to tell you the options.

Speed_69
06-22-2007, 11:27 AM
as an insurance broker..i never suggest getting collision coverage on a vehicle over 15 yrs old. It's not worth it unless your vehicle is higher end. Keep the comprehensive coverage though, it's very cheap for older vehicles like yours.

03ozwhip
06-22-2007, 11:39 AM
im with allstate. the more cars you insure,the better the driver you are,and the older you are you will get a WAY better price than ING. i pay 180 a month for a 17 year old MR2 turbo RHD,2007 Mitsubishi SUV and house insurance full coverage on both cars.

stevescivic
06-22-2007, 11:45 AM
getting rid of one of the cars is not an option for me.

the 1990 and the 1992 civic are mint and I've always owned them so they hold a strong sentimental value to me.