PDA

View Full Version : buying a complete system need your advice

Redlyne_mr2
07-25-2002, 02:01 PM
i know dick about stereo equipment but I want loud clean crisp sound ...I'm getting a whole new system and I'm not goign to low ball it ...who makes wicked speakers..I was planning on goign all nakamichi but im open to suggestions..thanks

boi-alien
07-25-2002, 02:05 PM
focals are nice....
for pure SPL go for some MTX

Evan
07-25-2002, 02:08 PM
I dunno anything eithier. Just go to Sounds Around and look around :P

Redlyne_mr2
07-25-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by crxboi
focals are nice....
for pure SPL go for some MTX
um mtx..no dont think i could put those in my car...never been a fan of anythign mtx or pioneer:dunno:

RX-7_TWINTURBO
07-25-2002, 02:21 PM
couple of 10 or 12 inch wo jl audio subs would do you good jl components as well if you can afford them is always nice
other than that
sony- blows for subs

jensen- licks nuts too

jbl- havent heard much ?

clarion- suposed to have decent subs and good component speakers

pioneer- loud subs (not much for sound quality) dont know about components

kenwood- shitty subs i hear good components possibly ?

rockford-suposed to be good all around

phoenix gold -very good but very expensive

Kicker- mostly good

i could go on but i think you should just go to a store and compare for yourself which sounds better to you (not the salesmen)

for good treble look into a pair of neodynium (sp?) tweeters

:thumbsup:

boi-alien
07-25-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

um mtx..no dont think i could put those in my car...never been a fan of anythign mtx or pioneer:dunno:

u should listen to my car... it hits hard u can hear it miles away!

Redlyne_mr2
07-25-2002, 02:29 PM
i dont want somethign that necessarily hits hard..I want clarity..im goign with 8 inch subs mainly because I also dont want to add a pile of weight to my car..im not lookign for 200 dollar speakers here guys I'm goign to spend quite a bit..this might soudn kind of lame but I always judge the quality of the system by how it sounds when you open the vehicles door(s) and stand 20 ft away. I had a full soundstream system in my nissan hardbody when I was 17 and you could crank the volume open the doors of the vehicle and the sound was so crisp and hit so nicely it was almost as if you were listenign to a huge home entertainment system...

Redlyne_mr2
07-25-2002, 02:40 PM
btw im looking for anything denon..who the hell sells it?? any one have links to it???

boi-alien
07-25-2002, 02:49 PM
and that's coo but if u look at my original post i said if u're going for pure spl then go for MTX, if u want quality, focals, fusion i've heard some good stuff about them too

James
07-25-2002, 07:00 PM
Is this System for the MR2? If so , 8's are your best bet, have you seen the Custom Boxes for the 2nd gen on the MR2 website, fit Perfect behind the Seat, with room to still put the t-tops, they come with JL's, check it out.:thumbsup:

James
07-25-2002, 07:08 PM
BTW, if you get 2 8" JL's, or any subs for that matter, It is gonna be Insanely LOUD in your car, I love how the stereo sounds in my car, so clean and crisp, and I havnt even upgraded the Factory Speakers, just added 1 10" Pioneer IMPP behind the Passenger seat.:burnout:

GT2NV
07-25-2002, 08:32 PM
ive got
2 10'' type s alpine dvc's
and mbquart midrange and tweeters
sooo clean :thumbsup:
i say mbquart

James
07-25-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by black94gt
ive got
2 10'' type s alpine dvc's
and mbquart midrange and tweeters
sooo clean :thumbsup:
i say mbquart

Yeah, just upgrade your factory's to MBquart and get the 2, 8" JL's, you'll be happy with that for sure.:thumbsup:

RX-7_TWINTURBO
07-26-2002, 12:36 AM
mb quarts forsure man
nice clean crisp sound
still pretty pricey though

max_boost
07-26-2002, 12:37 AM
MB Quartz are the best speakers out there!

TomTom
07-26-2002, 02:23 AM
im getting an infinity perfect 12.1 tomorrow

PLEASE let me come shopping with you lol i love this shit i love car audio. come to calgary!

Redlyne_mr2
07-26-2002, 09:46 AM
ya after hearign all of your guys advice I think i'm goign to haev to check out mb quartz..thanks guys

dj_honda
07-26-2002, 07:53 PM
I dunno anything eithier. Just go to Sounds Around and look around :P
don't ever "just go look around" for something, if u don't want to get played by the salespeople

TomTom
07-28-2002, 04:21 PM
if you need some mb let me know:) if you want to pick them up in calgary

MaYzE
07-28-2002, 04:57 PM
Im a stereo fanatic!! Hands down MB Quart have the most crisp sound you'll hear without spending a billion dollars. As for subs, Ive had 8's <didnt like them> I have 10's now. <they're ok> But overall 2 12's would be the best overall setup. As for the sub, I ran a 12 inch Boston Acoustics Competitor Series sub. So far I havent heard anything too much better. The only sub that sounded alot better <had huge punch with very little reverb> was a Focal 13 inch. They also cost $1000+ dollars. and only come in metric. 13 inch is the sub size. They're made in France. Check out Audio Concepts to hear them. They rock. And just remember, speakers are going to be nothing without a good stereo amp for the high end, and a mono block for the subs.

Redlyne_mr2
07-29-2002, 11:46 AM
I went and checked out the new kenwood exelons..they are so light and apparently are what are put in the mclaren F1. They sounded really good too..the only thing is even the mid seemed like it didn't produce enough bass. are those components speakers designed to deliver alot of treble and let the subs deliver all the bass because thats not what i want. Maybe it had to do with the music the guy used to show me the sound of the exelon but I'm nto sure.I've never really like the kenwood but these are hella nice...and I love how they're soooooooo light..any comments?

OMOYYC
08-17-2002, 02:23 AM
I used to have MB Quarts too. They are very good value. If you want even better sound, and are willing to pay a little more, definately get Focals. They are true audiophile speakers.

*NOTE* ****
MB Quarts are pretty crappy without the Competition X-over. If you get MB Quarts, please budget in the Competition X-over. The X-overs that come standard are pretty much garbage.

ManHunter
08-17-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
this might soudn kind of lame but I always judge the quality of the system by how it sounds when you open the vehicles door(s) and stand 20 ft away

This is a dubious test for sound quality. :)

It gives you zero information on imaging and depth. And you can't really hear the crispiness and cleanliness of the sound if you are outside, with cars and people going by. Serious SQ cars also have Dynamat (or other sound deadeners) floor to ceiling, which further skews what you're gonna hear from outside the car.

And sound deadener materials are not light.

MH

Redlyne_mr2
08-21-2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by ManHunter

This is a dubious test for sound quality. :)

It gives you zero information on imaging and depth. And you can't really hear the crispiness and cleanliness of the sound if you are outside, with cars and people going by. Serious SQ cars also have Dynamat (or other sound deadeners) floor to ceiling, which further skews what you're gonna hear from outside the car.

And sound deadener materials are not light.

MH
Man hunter what do you think of the kenwood exelons do you know anything about them??? I like them because they are super light..problem is a dont liek kenwood

ManHunter
08-21-2002, 10:49 PM
I'm not a big fan of Kenwood either. But I must say I haven't heard the Exelons, unfortunately.

I like the JL Audio, Focal and MB Quart.

MH

davidI
09-14-2002, 12:12 AM
I like focal components and Infinity subs for sq.