PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else getting f***ed?

MaYzE
06-18-2003, 07:37 PM
I just got my insuance bill for this year. I went from 250/month to 380/month out of no where? anyone else have this happen? My insurance company can shove it up there ass. Im almost ready to stop paying altogether. Dont go through Pembridge/Anthony Clark unless you really want to get fucked over. I've even got a clean record and have been driving for 5 years. WTF????:banghead: :banghead: :bullshit:

04blackMAX
06-18-2003, 07:41 PM
nope mine went down

D'z Nutz
06-18-2003, 07:44 PM
I think a lot of people's insurance rates are going to go up. Apparently the insurance company's are blaming it all that 9/11 fiasco.

b16Ateg
06-18-2003, 07:47 PM
dunno i will find out in august ow much mine went up... probally alot beacuse of those damn cops pulling me over for stupid shit..

Zoom_Zoom
06-18-2003, 07:50 PM
i went and got a quote for a pos 87 prelude..it came out to 6grand a year, i said fuck it and walked out

Honda Attack
06-18-2003, 07:56 PM
Mine went from $998 to $650... :)

5.9 R/T
06-18-2003, 08:23 PM
Insurance companies invest money in the stock market. When the stock market went south they needed to find a way to make that money back. So they hiked insurance premiums to make up what they had lossed. In another few months when everyone realizes that they didn't hike premiums because of insurance claims like they are saying, but really to make up what they lost in the market they'll have to drop the prices again or the governments will step in and do it for them. I'm in the process of switching insurance companies, and because I have 1 moving violation (illegal U turn) and 2 not at fault accidents I'm classified as high risk and am paying out the ass for it. Stupid insurance companies, hate em all, but you can't do anything about it.

5.9 R/T
06-18-2003, 08:25 PM
Just be glad we don't live in the maritime provinces, apparently premiums went up 150% there.

Weapon_R
06-18-2003, 08:38 PM
Hopefully the provincial government will recognize the need to regulate the insurance market. It's ridiculous to blame the events of 9/11 as an excuse to increase premiums for a second year in a row. I am also classified as a high risk driver, but for good reason. Right now, I have two not-at-faults (although I don't realize how my premiums increase because of this!) and a few moving violations. With this annual increase, i'm worried that my insurance is going to be too expensive to justify full coverage on my car...

CLiVE
06-18-2003, 09:31 PM
Mine went from about $59 a month to $89 a month.

VWbloke
06-18-2003, 10:07 PM
Nope, not getting f***ed. Wish I was though... just can't meet the right gal.

CRXguy
06-18-2003, 11:01 PM
My g/f called Anthony Clark for a quote for the WRX and CRX, and they want $7500!!

Apparently I'm getting dropped from State Farm next month because I have too many tickets. They knew about it when I first signed up with them. Dumbasses.

ryder_23
06-18-2003, 11:02 PM
Mine went from 2000 - 2300 for some reason, clean record, mom started yelling at me cause she thought i had a speeding ticket and didnt tell her..she called company, and they just said, because, thats it...f-ing insurance companys..like chris rock says ...."If shit doesnt happens, shouldnt i get my money back."

Ajay
06-18-2003, 11:11 PM
Mine went from 1500/6months to 1900/6months

theken
06-18-2003, 11:18 PM
380 a month now, from 245 clean record 84 jimmy :thumbsdow

EstoMax
06-18-2003, 11:22 PM
meandmystealthandi which insurance company boss are you sucking off?

nice motherf-in deal!

max

Barlow
06-18-2003, 11:35 PM
another argument for publizing the insurance companies, we need a system like BC, no fault insuramnce and all thaty stuff, one little fender bender and your insurance is fucvked for the next 7 years of your life, I'm all for the insurance going public.

Seanith
06-18-2003, 11:49 PM
Yeah let the gov't take it over.
I have been driving for 4 years, and i have only had 1 speeding ticket that i was pulled over for, and a couple minor moving violations(ie. rolling stop at a stop sign, and a u-turn ticket). This year i was told if i wasn't insured under my parents' plan, those pig fuckers wouldn't insure me at all! Its because i'm a high risk driver in a stupid fast civic! :rolleyes: :banghead: :bullshit:

lammer
06-19-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Lt. Max
meandmystealthandi which insurance company boss are you sucking off?

nice motherf-in deal!

max

dude im sure he has a clean driving record for many years and hes getting married and nto to be offensive but im sure hes older than us by a few years (give or take some :) haha)

James
06-19-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by vsmSIR
nope mine went down

:werd:...dont know why, but i aint complaining! :D

Hash_man
06-19-2003, 02:49 AM
Apparently the Klein gov't is going after the insurance companies, because the main reason rates are so high is because their stocks aren't doing good, and they arent allowed to do that. My mechanics teacher also told me, that they are going after them about younger kids like myself having higher rates because they say it is "agism"... Insurance is insane though, I will be paying 3600-3800 a year for full coverage on the 89 Accord.

kaput
06-19-2003, 01:53 PM

B17a
06-19-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Hash_man
Apparently the Klein gov't is going after the insurance companies, because the main reason rates are so high is because their stocks aren't doing good, and they arent allowed to do that. My mechanics teacher also told me, that they are going after them about younger kids like myself having higher rates because they say it is "agism"... Insurance is insane though, I will be paying 3600-3800 a year for full coverage on the 89 Accord.

Partially correct, its not the company's stock that's underperforming its the general market that is. How insurance companies make most of their money is by investing your preimums you pay every month into the markets, since returns are pitiful they've taken a big hit. I'm not sure about the ageism thing, as much as I hate getting bent over by insurance rates, young people (ie. males 16-25) are higher risk drivers period. Just take a look at how many posts here involve traffic tickets and accidents.

redx2nv
06-19-2003, 04:23 PM
you want to hear something crazy..

me 18

2000 type r
1978 lil red express

was $3000 full coverage for both truck under my name(worth $30000 value) and itr under moms name($30000 value), insurance deided not renew policy..

guess new insurance company price with three tickets for a 18 year old....

$24000 fucking dollars :banghead: , thats an 800% increase. forced to sell truck, decided to keep car but with just basic coverage...

insurance companies can eat my fucking shit and enjoy it too, i hope those communist cocksuckers ROT in fucking hell :guns:

B17a
06-19-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by redx2nv

$24000 fucking dollars :banghead: , thats an 800% increase. forced to sell truck

You gotta be kidding! That's just plain fucking robbery!!:thumbsdow

GT2NV
06-19-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by MaYzE
I just got my insuance bill for this year. I went from 250/month to 380/month out of no where? anyone else have this happen?
haha same here from 275 - > 388 for me... nothing i can do:guns:
clean record for me too....

Seanith
06-19-2003, 04:37 PM
you want to hear something crazy..

$24000 fucking dollars :banghead: , thats an 800% increase. forced to sell truck, decided to keep car but with just basic coverage...

insurance companies can eat my fucking shit and enjoy it too, i hope those communist cocksuckers ROT in fucking hell :guns:

In that situation, i would look into just getting liability (as in if you hit someone it pays for their damage) and putting aside money to pay for whatever happens to your car. Chances are you won't have to spend any of that money anyways.

redx2nv
06-19-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~

In that situation, i would look into just getting liability (as in if you hit someone it pays for their damage) and putting aside money to pay for whatever happens to your car. Chances are you won't have to spend any of that money anyways.

yup thats what im doing...and then for the winter im just going to buy a pathfinder or some(slow) suv for $5000...no shit buckets though;)

just wondering if my car gets stolen and i dont have full coverage, am i just screwed?

Seanith
06-19-2003, 04:54 PM

just wondering if my car gets stolen and i dont have full coverage, am i just screwed?

Yes :(
Thats the problem..i don't know if i would risk it with a car like a type r. I would definitely do it with a car thats worth <$10k (if they were dry humping me with their rates).

redx2nv
06-19-2003, 05:59 PM
update theft and fire is anotehr $160 a year, that means if it gets stolen or starts on fire(yes it happens) its covered..

i also found out my policy experies in october 4 days later my ticket is removed(15% less)...

my insurance drops $3000 and on top of that it goes 15% less, my insurance is cut in half almost(just over $6000)but still that is staright up fuckin ghey...

Fluidic
06-19-2003, 07:06 PM
Mines pretty expensive. I blame the moose that decided to die in the middle of the highway last summer! lol

Peter

mustang
06-20-2003, 02:07 AM
The companies are 'claiming' that rates are going up because of increased claims....first of all I call bullshit, but even if this were the case, they shouldnt complain....if someone is paying out the ass to insure their car, they sure as shit are going to claim to have it repaired, why have insurance otherwise? Basically insurance companies are complaining that their rates are going up because people are ACTUALLY USING THEIR FUCKING INSURANCE!!!! They are selling a one-time use service, the second you actually use it and they have to pay out, they drop you like a stone or make it too expensive to be worthwhile.

Anyways as a story my buddy has 1 speeding ticket on his 96 civic hb was paying $3600/yr, gets a letter in the mail saying his rates are increasing to $6079/yr. So his dad calmly goes to the hq and says drop his rates to $3000/yr or we move our other 3 vehicles, boat, house, etc.... and take our business elsewhere.....needless to say they damn near shit a brick and gave him what he wanted.....

gozzy
06-20-2003, 09:49 AM
My insurance went up also. I insure my home and 2 cars. I pay a pretty good price but it still went up. I phoned around and TD insurance is almost saving me 1100 a year. Thats 1100 more for my Nova !

Altezza
06-20-2003, 01:11 PM
Mine went up from $113 (or something around there, I can't remember) to $160 per month. Now they gave me a $7/month discount, oooh, yippeeee.

davidI
06-20-2003, 01:34 PM
$200/month --> $300/month for me. The insurance company sent me a letter explaining that their reasoning was because of the higher cost of all these personal injury claims. B.S., it's there shitty investing in the stock market that I'm paying for. The gov't better step in soon before I pull a columbine in an insurance companies office.

FiveFreshFish
06-20-2003, 05:00 PM
Mine went down $2.00! :clap:

MaYzE
06-20-2003, 09:52 PM
Well I got a tip from a friend on a good company to go with and decided it wouldnt hurt to call. After like 1/2 hour of chit chatting to the lady she quoted me $230/month. So Im cancelling my old plan and going with hers. Saves me $150 bux a month. Still high but whatever. Better then the $380 I would be paying.

5.9 R/T
06-20-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by mustang
The companies are 'claiming' that rates are going up because of increased claims....first of all I call bullshit, but even if this were the case, they shouldnt complain....if someone is paying out the ass to insure their car, they sure as shit are going to claim to have it repaired, why have insurance otherwise? Basically insurance companies are complaining that their rates are going up because people are ACTUALLY USING THEIR FUCKING INSURANCE!!!! They are selling a one-time use service, the second you actually use it and they have to pay out, they drop you like a stone or make it too expensive to be worthwhile.

It's true, insurance companies are actually paying out less per premium dollar today then they ever have. Something like 90 cents for every dollar earned which equals 10 cents profit off every dollar taken in. In 99-00 it was over 1 dollar for every dollar earned, so they were losing money and rates were not this high in 99.

CRXguy
06-21-2003, 01:27 AM
Well I got a tip from a friend on a good company to go with and decided it wouldnt hurt to call. After like 1/2 hour of chit chatting to the lady she quoted me $230/month. So Im cancelling my old plan and going with hers. Saves me $150 bux a month. Still high but whatever. Better then the $380 I would be paying.

Do share! :D

stryker
06-21-2003, 01:32 AM
clean for 5 years. i can't see any possible reason for it NOT to go DOWN...

it's probably some insurance hike, unrelated to your record.

MaYzE
06-21-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by CRXguy

Do share! :D

I think Trilogy or Trinity insurance.

redx2nv
06-21-2003, 12:27 PM
Man its getting so bad to the point if you have a absolutely clean record no accidents for 20-30 years, they will drop you. The reason is that they are not making any money off of you they will drop you.

The government is meeting this october because everybody is getting dropped left and right paying incredibly high insurance, therefore government run insurance may be in the futue within the next year:) :drool: :werd: :hitit: :love: :clap: :thumbsup: :eek:

treg50
06-21-2003, 09:05 PM
Stupid insurance went up for me too, over $200 extra per year. I've been clean since I've be with my insurance company. Part of their letter said:

...This situation is not exclusive to our compancy. Premium increases are industry-wide and reflect the growing number of claims experienced in recent years -- especially for bodily injury -- as well as higher than average costs per claim. Other factors such as your driving record could also affect your premium. Nevertheless, we assure you that we are making every effort to minimize increases for our clientele.

That last sentence :guns: --- they're trying to minimize increases, but they're not trying to increase reductions, MFs! I've been clean before and since I've signed with these jacka$$es so I'm gonna call them up and make sure they're not increasing my premiums due to my clean record. :dunno: :guns:

B17a
06-23-2003, 08:49 AM
I must be one of the few here who had a decrease! $160 to $138! woohoo!

James
06-23-2003, 09:29 AM
Man its getting so bad to the point if you have a absolutely clean record no accidents for 20-30 years, they will drop you. The reason is that they are not making any money off of you they will drop you.

The government is meeting this october because everybody is getting dropped left and right paying incredibly high insurance, therefore government run insurance may be in the futue within the next year:) :drool: :werd: :hitit: :love: :clap: :thumbsup: :eek:

I think that almost brought a tear to my eye!

:D ...it would be about time:thumbsup:

dj_honda
06-23-2003, 10:11 AM

I think Trilogy or Trinity insurance.

its called Trilagy....they have alright prices if you know a broker,.