PDA

View Full Version : best car wax and why?

Larry
06-18-2003, 08:05 PM
Hi Gang.. Brand new here, first message.

Just bought a 2003 Saturn Quad Coupe in black. Clearcoat, of course. Awesome machine. The VTi tranny is beyond belief.

Would like your opinions regarding the BEST wax, liquid or paste, to use on my Saturn and why.

Thanks.

Larry Jenkins

FiveFreshFish
06-18-2003, 08:27 PM
Welcome to Beyond.

I use Meguiar's wax in liquid form. Easy to apply and polish.

I'd recommend Mother's Clay Bar before you do your second waxing. Takes away pollutants and shit that builds up on your paint that doesn't come off during regular car washes.

Wildcat
06-18-2003, 08:32 PM
ya, the high-end meguirs stuff is the best off-the-shelf brand, you can pick it up at any crappy-tire; i think the good stuff is called gold-class, i forget :dunno:

best wax tho is zaino, problem is you can only order off their site and its pricey but worth it IMO :thumbsup:

Nix87
06-18-2003, 09:47 PM
Get the Meguiars 3 step system it does a kick ass job :thumbsup:

Nick

04blackMAX
06-18-2003, 09:48 PM
post a pic of a quad coupe..id like to see one

Luke 96 T/A
06-18-2003, 11:01 PM
You can get most of the Zaino stuff from Davenport Performance..
Off of Mcknight... A little more cost than mail order though..

littledan
06-19-2003, 01:21 AM
i used mothers in the red tin, super easy to apply and buff off. shine is good but i think it wears off a little too quickly... but it smelled good!

mad_psyentist
06-19-2003, 07:11 AM
Hiya Larry, and welcome. Glad you started this thread actually, cuz I've got wax issues/questions. Newer cars, looks like everyone suggests Meguiar's and Zaino. How about for an older-than-dirt RX-7 FC? Some waxes just don't seem to do what they're suppsoed to on that paint, and someone had suggested going through a wax that was done in steps. Should I stick with Meguiars?

Wildcat
06-19-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by littledan
i used mothers in the red tin, super easy to apply and buff off. shine is good but i think it wears off a little too quickly... but it smelled good!

ya it smells like spearmint! theyre instant detailer spray works good too

Originally posted by mad_psyentist
Hiya Larry, and welcome. Glad you started this thread actually, cuz I've got wax issues/questions. Newer cars, looks like everyone suggests Meguiar's and Zaino. How about for an older-than-dirt RX-7 FC? Some waxes just don't seem to do what they're suppsoed to on that paint, and someone had suggested going through a wax that was done in steps. Should I stick with Meguiars?

Zaino has like 4 steps, and your can keep adding more, its the only wax that'll follow the rule: "if you put more on it'll look better" only problem with zaino is that it consumes alot of man-hours

Gotrek
06-20-2003, 05:55 AM
I use meguiars gold class as a sealant (silicon based wax) then I use there paste which is a mix of different hard waxes like carnuba, for the look.

Speed_RaSiR
06-20-2003, 08:22 AM
I use good old fashiong Turtle Wax, works great.

Gotrek
06-20-2003, 08:27 AM
I like the turtl wax paste but not there silicon wax (liquid wax) I find it doesn't buff out as nice as the meguiars so for 1$ more I get the meguiars (When it's on sale)