PDA

View Full Version : FS: HD Projector and HTPC

bobjr
06-23-2007, 01:38 PM
All Have SOLD

I have a projector and HTPC to sell. I'd prefer to sell as a package.

This system is about three years old and fully high def. The computer will run up to 720p x264 movies and is set up to function as a standard definition PVR (just need software and remote). I've been running a Bell HDPVR for quite a while, so the computer is not configured for this purpose, its just been used for divx/x264 movies and DVD's. No screen is included (will show buyer how to build your own cheap). Reason for selling, purchased new Sanyo Z5 and built a new HTPC for 1080p processing.

Projector:
Studio Experience 2HD (Clone of Sanyo Z2, but has dark grey case)
1280x720 Native Resolution (16:9, 720P)
800 Lumens, 1300:1 Contrast Ratio
Has HDCP compatible DVI input. This is compatible with the HDMI sources that I've tried.
2500 Hours on Bulb in Economy mode (rated at 3000, some people are getting around 5000). There is never a guarantee on lamps however. The current lamp is still bright (dimness is a bad sign). New lamps are around $275 online.

Link to picture and stats:
http://www.projectorcentral.com/Studio_Experience-Matinee_2HD.htm

HTPC:
Abit AN7 Socket A Motherboard with Soundstorm (Dolby Digital Realtime encoding) has optical digital output
AMD AthlonXP Mobile 2500+ running at 2300
Thermaltake CPU Fan
Antec Overture Case (Painted all black, case could use a little touching up)
Pioneer 16x DVD Burner
120GB Hard Drive
ATI x1600 Video Card (Directx9) 256mb
1 Gig of DDR Memory
Hauppage 250 Single TV Tuner (MCE Compatible – standard def)
Running XP Pro right now

http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=15728

Price:
$650 for both together (not each!), price is FIRM and more than fair. No trades at all. I’ll also include a 4 Metre Monster 400 DVI cable, plus some other misc cables (optical and svideo for PVR) to get started.

The only issues are:
1. HTPC runs a bit hot, might need better exhaust fans (it is very quiet now though).
2. I was never able to get the projector to take a composite or SVideo connection. I'm not sure why and I have not spent much time on this. If you are running a HTPC or High Def Satellite, you don't need this anyway. Its a high def projector, you should have high def sources.

This is a great deal for someone that wants to get into home theatre and isn't afraid of running a HTPC. All that is required for hardware is to get a $50 MCE remote, receiver and IR blasters from Memory Express:
http://www.memoryexpress.com/index.php?PageTag=&page=file&memx_menu=EmbedProductDetail.php&DisplayProductID=5079&SID=

PM or call at 829-8952. I'll be around most of the weekend and would like to sell ASAP. Serious buyers only please!

Thanks,
Darren

bobjr
06-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Projector has been sold.

Price for the HTPC is $200 Firm.

Darren

megavolt
06-24-2007, 09:33 PM
Funny... sounded in your first post like you weren't going to split them up... stupid me for not even asking. :D