PDA

View Full Version : Good place to get remote started installed

bigbadboss101
06-24-2007, 11:40 AM
Few years ago I got my 2 way Compustar at Derdall for $550 ish.
Last year I got a one way Compustar done in Fort Mac for $630 ish. I don't see any sponsor advertisement here. What is a good place?

I am looking to get a two way started and Honda quoted me $600 for a one way, $700 for a two way with no LCD, and $900 for a two way Compustar. The thing with the LCD display is the remote is huge.

Honda say the install will include all options, including trunk.
I am leaning toward going with Honda as I am picking up the car (used Acura) next week.

Are there other places that is quite better in price, equally good in quality?

dj_rice
06-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Nothing beats OEM quality....as for price....Speedtech or Autodream has pretty good prices for Compustar 2 ways

silvercivicsir
06-24-2007, 07:31 PM
what kinda of acura is it ? transponder bypass ?

bigbadboss101
06-24-2007, 11:07 PM
03 TLS

IRL
06-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Nothing beats OEM quality....as for price....Speedtech or Autodream has pretty good prices for Compustar 2 ways

The worst thing you can do i s buy an aftermarket alarm from a dealership!! Dealerships will charge you $900 for that Compustar installed...all they do is call up your local security shop and have them do it for half the price. The problem with this, generally a tech will come to the dealership to install the systems...half ass job is a HUGE understatement. I have seen the absolute worst hack jobs done by "Dealership installed" units....

Save yourself time/money and have the install done somewhere where they actually specialize in the units....for long term reliabiltiy and for easier warrany claims (if required).

nj2Type-S
06-25-2007, 04:55 PM
i recommend autodream. they did my 2-way compustar last year for $550 if i remember correctly. they did a pretty good job at it, too; it looked and functioned as it should've. :thumbsup:

bigbadboss101
06-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Coolio thanks.