PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding a T3

Expiredsoda
06-24-2007, 04:04 PM
My T3 Super 60 is burning oil pretty badly on the hot side, cold side is fine. I have called up alamo and they want FIVE HUNDERED bux to rebuild it, I didn't even pay that much for the turbo in the first place. I next looked at rebuild kits on ebay and there are quite a few offerings. Has anyone purchased one of these kits? And if so, how easy was it to replace all the seals and bearings? Thanks!

Audio_Rookie
06-24-2007, 04:24 PM
I thought it was really easy...........but thats just me.

Just get it all balanced once you got the wheels back in without the housings....then its all good.

But thats just me...

It WILL be a super major pain in the ass taking the bolts out of everything....Better have 10 cans of wd-40 and a torch.

racin_jayson
06-25-2007, 07:05 PM
It's a very straightforward job if you're patient, have some basic tools, and a clean space to work. As long as there is'nt a lot of coking going on inside your turbo it will turn out great, Alamo actually sells the rebuild kits outright, for around $100. The whole balancing thing is kind of an endless debate, some people say it's a must, others say it makes no difference in the life of the turbo. From my experience, As long as you are careful to align everything on installation the same way it was taken apart you will be fine.

Expiredsoda
07-03-2007, 02:44 AM
I called up Alamo and they want 250 bucks for a rebuild kit?!

Audio_Rookie
07-03-2007, 04:01 AM
ebay ftw