hks83
06-25-2007, 05:30 PM
RIP he was from edmonton.

KoukiS14
06-25-2007, 05:30 PM
wtf :confused: :(

GQBalla
06-25-2007, 05:36 PM
wow thats really messed. I wonder what happened.

KK07
06-25-2007, 05:36 PM
I was talking to a friend at work about this today and supposedly, its fake. In the show, Vince Mcmahon is dead too and this is just another addition to the storyline. If you do a search on google, there are no results for it either.

ZorroAMG
06-25-2007, 05:40 PM
LOL, considering the real news says nothing about Benoit or Vince (which they WOULD cause he's rich) at all, it's safe to say it's fake.

Boo on the fake news, that's not even funny or intriguing.

KoukiS14
06-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Someone took it serious enough to report it on wikipedia. By no means is this the most accurate place on the net for info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Benoit

KK07
06-25-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
LOL, considering the real news says nothing about Benoit or Vince (which they WOULD cause he's rich) at all, it's safe to say it's fake.

yeah I remember watching this when I was younger and it was a lot more intesresting haha. Did you hear about how Vince "died"? His limo blew up on live air..:eek:

Kritafo
06-25-2007, 05:43 PM
News is full of Benoit and family deaths. Even on the WWE site. He was born in Montreal and moved to Edmonton when he was young.

Very sad. Will be interesting to hear what happened. Murder/suicide or just murder.

signature7
06-25-2007, 05:46 PM
there's lots of results on google, vince is scrapping his storyline to do a tribute to beniot... sad, wrestlers are dropping so quickly, i wonder what happened... He was a hard worker and trained in calgary.

RIP rabid wolverine.

he had to skip a show to attend a "family crisis" right before the deaths

boi-alien
06-25-2007, 05:50 PM

yea, it's not funny cause it's not fake. :rolleyes:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21969528-1702,00.html
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/fayette/stories/2007/06/25/0625benoit.html
http://www.640toronto.com/news/metro.cfm?cat=7428109912&rem=68544&red=80110923aPBIny&wids=410&gi=1&gm=metro.cfm

sukito
06-25-2007, 05:51 PM
news site are now reporting the story

dj_rice
06-25-2007, 05:51 PM
PW Headlines stated that Benoit called in to WWE Sunday and said he would be unable to make it back as his family was ill and they were spitting up blood. [83]

WWE cancelled the scheduled live Raw show scheduled for June 25, and will be airing a non-live tribute to Benoit in its place

ZorroAMG
06-25-2007, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by boi-alien

yea, it's not funny cause it's not fake. :rolleyes:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21969528-1702,00.html
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/fayette/stories/2007/06/25/0625benoit.html
http://www.640toronto.com/news/metro.cfm?cat=7428109912&rem=68544&red=80110923aPBIny&wids=410&gi=1&gm=metro.cfm

Don't e-roll your eyes at me, dick, I didn't know it was real.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

R.I.P.

TeamBestBud
06-25-2007, 06:09 PM
RIP

DepTrotter
06-25-2007, 06:10 PM
fuck i was reading the first couple of posts and i got excited because someone said it was fake, fucking sucks to read this up, he was one of my favourite by far.. rest in peace chris the wrestling world loves you

hoamic11
06-25-2007, 06:13 PM
wtf, this is messed up, the vince thing was fake, they already stated it was taped from the night b4 and stuff. But this one isn't funny.

Mibz
06-25-2007, 06:14 PM
My brother in law went to high school with him. Shitty buzz.

2BLUE
06-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Professional wrestler Chris Benoit was found dead along with his family this afternoon in his Atlanta home, according to published reports.
The Atlanta-Journal Constitution is reporting authorities confirmed that Benoit, 40, his wife, Nancy, and their 7-year-old son were found dead at the home on Quarters and Redwine roads in Fayetteville.

Officials would not say how the family died, other than to say they weren't shot to death.

The Montreal-born Benoit, who moved to Edmonton when he was 12 years old, lived in Sherwood Park as recently as May 2000.

World Wrestling Entertainment issued a release over Benoit's death.

"World Wrestling Entertainment is deeply saddened to report that today Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home," the statement reads.

"There are no further details at this time, other than the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities.

WWE spokeswoman Cheryl Kong in Toronto said Monday night’s “Raw” TV program would serve as a tribute to Benoit and his family.

Benoit was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career.

Benoit was scheduled to wrestle at the Vengeance pay-per-view Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called “personal reasons.”

-With files from Canadian Press

KK07
06-25-2007, 07:07 PM
I apologize for what I said before, I had no idea it was real.

RIP

l8braker
06-25-2007, 07:11 PM
What a tragedy.

I remember when Owen Hart died..... This is like that all over again.

May the entire family RIP

bignerd
06-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Maybe some type of gas leak or carbon monoxide poisoning, something like that? That is sad especially for his little boy, 7 is too young.

Disoblige
06-25-2007, 08:26 PM
Wish it was fake.. Eddie, and now Benoit.. RIP.

SoSlowDx
06-25-2007, 09:31 PM
"It has been ruled that the deaths of Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their son Daniel earlier today were the result of a double murder-suicide from within the home. WWE.com will have more as soon as it becomes available."

From wwe.com

mdeluxe
06-25-2007, 09:33 PM
wow i cant believe it! :(

Jatt87
06-25-2007, 09:33 PM
really sad to hear may the family RIP

crx/gsr
06-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by SoSlowDx
"It has been ruled that the deaths of Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their son Daniel earlier today were the result of a double murder-suicide from within the home. WWE.com will have more as soon as it becomes available."

From wwe.com

RIP to the whole family but that would be messed up if it was a double murder suicide

forced_eg
06-25-2007, 10:05 PM
hope he burns in hell... if it was a murder suicide, if not.. RIP

great wrestler though, i remember my first wcw match that i watched, it was chris benoit vs roadblock (huuge mother f-er) roadblock won

bulaian
06-25-2007, 10:14 PM
"Detective Bo Turner told television station WAGA that the case was being investigated as a murder-suicide, but said that could not be confirmed until the evidence was examined by a crime lab.

WAGA reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and son over the weekend, and then himself sometime Monday."

-taken from http://www.boston.com/news/local/connecticut/articles/2007/06/25/wrestler_chris_benoit_wife_and_child_found_dead/?p1=MEWell_Pos2

ZorroAMG
06-26-2007, 12:39 AM
Gross....if true...

Lucky97
06-26-2007, 12:45 AM
rip

Importz
06-26-2007, 12:58 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

ZorroAMG
06-26-2007, 01:04 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

KuruptEX
06-26-2007, 01:06 AM
rip

Importz
06-26-2007, 01:06 AM

ZorroAMG
06-26-2007, 01:12 AM

Importz
06-26-2007, 01:17 AM

rage2
06-26-2007, 01:23 AM
both of u take it to PM please.

ZorroAMG
06-26-2007, 01:41 AM
Sorry lol....

Rocky
06-26-2007, 01:52 AM
I'm going to wait to autopsy's to say who did what... really sad to hear, watched him for over a decade, such a local connection too...

Just hoping it wasn't him who did it; would be heartbreaking to hear of such travesty from someone I loved watching wrestle for years.

DepTrotter
06-26-2007, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Rocky
I'm going to wait to autopsy's to say who did what... really sad to hear, watched him for over a decade, such a local connection too...

Just hoping it wasn't him who did it; would be heartbreaking to hear of such travesty from someone I loved watching wrestle for years.

:werd: it would be very difficult news to hear...

there is so much speculation online - i hope the autopsy report releases the truth

ken-gsr
06-26-2007, 08:26 AM
if it is true that he killed his family on the weekend and then killed himself sometime on Monday - then that is just messed up.

silver_gs-R
06-26-2007, 08:40 AM
HOLY. that sucks big time such a good guy he was.

R.I.P.

max_boost
06-26-2007, 09:13 AM
Fuck!!!! This is so sad and the circumstances surrounding the whole thing is bizarre. Why?! RIP Crippler. :(

Kritafo
06-26-2007, 09:56 AM
media is saying murder suicide....but still waiting on autopsies.

That is very sad. Wonder what happened..I mean I know it happens every day and everyday it's horrible. But people in the public eye that we see on TV and watch it makes you feel connected to them.

Hakkola
06-26-2007, 10:03 AM
Too bad, I remember vividly him winning a belt, I think it was in 2004, one of the few times I have watched wrestling in the past 10 years, it was cool to see another great Canadian wrestler.

If he DID murder-suicide his family then it is a shame, and he lost my respect, otherwise R.I.P.

High testosterone levels means a short temper, never know what these guys are capable of. :(

Seanith
06-26-2007, 10:32 AM
Crappy news. Although I grew out of wrestling, i used to watch WCW alot back in the day and benoit was a great wrestler.

HybridTheory
06-26-2007, 10:37 AM
This is totally messed up...it's unbelieveable if its a murder-suicide situation

I thought it was a big joke or part of another storyline when my friend told me about it last night. But when I saw the news stories about it I was just :eek:

SoSlowDx
06-26-2007, 11:12 AM
Pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room, a law enforcement official close to the investigation told The Associated Press Tuesday.

msn.com

:banghead:

Kritafo
06-26-2007, 11:26 AM
I was just going to post the bad news.

I am not a WWE fan, or wrestling fan at all. Grew up in a small town where Rick Bolton lived, he was a neighbor. He use to talk about the up and coming guys even if I wasn't interested! haha! But Chris was a name he brought up. So whenever I heard his name...I always listened.

It's a terrible world some days.

LuxCars
06-26-2007, 11:38 AM
just saw this on msn.com

LuxCars
06-26-2007, 11:40 AM
The official, who spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity, said Benoit hanged himself in the weight room of his suburban Atlanta home.

The 40-year-old wrestler, his wife and 7-year-old son were found dead at 2 p.m. on Monday in three separate rooms.

Celebrity gossip website TMZ.com is reporting further details, including that Benoit may have strangled his wife on Saturday and waited until Sunday to smother his son in his bed.

Benoit was supposed to participate in a pay-per-view World Wrestling Entertainment event in Houston over the weekend but cancelled because of a family emergency.

TMZ.com mentions one source as saying that Benoit was text messaging friends during Sunday's WWE "Vengeance" Pay-Per-View program and may have been watching the show with his son before killing him.

ABC's Mike Von Fremd told Canada AM from outside Benoit's home in Fayetteville, Ga., Tuesday that friends of Benoit said they received "curious text messages" from the wrestler on Sunday morning.

The WWE notified authorities after hearing from friends who received the curious messages, the wrestling organization said on its website.

It was then that police discovered the body of the wrestling star; his wife Nancy, 43; and son, Daniel.

Lt. Tommy Pope, the lead investigator with the Fayette County Sheriff's Department, told ABC News that the "instruments of death were located on scene."

Authorities also told AP that they are investigating if steroids may have played a role in the apparent murder-suicide.

More details are expected to emerge Tuesday after an autopsy is conducted.

However, Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard said toxicology results may not be back for weeks or even months.

WWE career

World Wrestling Entertainment aired a three-hour tribute show to Benoit instead of its usual "Monday Night RAW" TV show on the USA Network.

"I am deeply saddened over the loss of Chris Benoit," WWE Canada president Carl DeMarco said on the organization's website.

"My heartfelt thoughts and sympathy go out to his parents and family. My relationship with Chris has extended many years and I consider him a great friend. Chris was always first-class -- warm, friendly, caring and professional ... one of the best in our business."

Benoit, 40, was born in Montreal and grew up in Edmonton, graduating from Archbishop O'Leary High School.

He began his career in 1985, starting with the famous Hart family of Calgary, who operated Stampede Wrestling.

He won the world heavyweight championship at Wrestlemania XX. In response, Edmonton declared "Chris Benoit Day" on April 15, 2004.

Benoit was known as "The Canadian Crippler," in part because he broke another wrestler's neck in 1994. Another nickname was the Rabid Wolverine. His signature move was the "Crippler Crossface."

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Benoit's wife, known by her stage name "Woman," managed several wrestlers.

The couple met when her then-husband wrote a script depicting an ongoing love affair between the two on World Championship Wrestling, the newspaper said.

Benoit has two other children from a prior relationship.

ken-gsr
06-26-2007, 11:51 AM
crazy, just crazy.

DNSDJS
06-26-2007, 12:02 PM

check your local news paper
its all over each and every one of them

DNSDJS
06-26-2007, 12:11 PM
regardless if its murder suicide or not
in my mind
these guys go thru hell
and i have still have respect for him.

they are away from their families for months on months
regardless
he was one of the greatest wrestlers in the federation.
i had the pleasure of meeting him once in a good moment and once during owen's funeral
nice guy all around.
very caring of his family.

in my mind... i believe there were outside influences in this, but who knows these guys are stressed out like krzy and u never know what they are capable of , but still
he will truly be missed.

RIP Chris.

BenC
06-26-2007, 12:19 PM
RIP
I wonder what brought him to do that.

SoSlowDx
06-26-2007, 12:29 PM
Possibly Roid Rage and snapped:dunno:

LuxCars
06-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by DNSDJS
regardless if its murder suicide or not
in my mind
these guys go thru hell
and i have still have respect for him.

they are away from their families for months on months
regardless
he was one of the greatest wrestlers in the federation.
i had the pleasure of meeting him once in a good moment and once during owen's funeral
nice guy all around.
very caring of his family.

in my mind... i believe there were outside influences in this, but who knows these guys are stressed out like krzy and u never know what they are capable of , but still
he will truly be missed.

RIP Chris.

with all due respect i would just like to say something. I did not know the man or the family and i haven't watched the sport ever since Owen hart died (thats what did it for me), but just examine your post for a second.
You say he was going through a lot of stress, never gets to see his family and possibly many other things in his life.
How does that differ from many other situations? Example: School shooting, the Virginia tech masacre and many other shootings/murder suicides that happen to people you do not know.
The murderer at virginia tech was away from his family (possibly for years), gets picked on (stress from outside source) and who knows what other things were going on in his life, but he still blew and killed so many people. But in that thread people bashed him and say his actions are not justified ( which they still are not), but in your post you have started to make excuses as to why he could of done it and in a way you are justifying his actions.

Im sure this is just a psychological thing wherein if it is someone close to you its "ok" but when it is someone else many people will mock him/her in disgust.

Furthermore, im sure he was a great guy, he obviously influenced many people in his lifetime. Sad story and i hope everyone affected may rest.

in addition i would also hope that it was not a murder suicide and that they find evidence as to something else.
R.I.P to all, God Bless.

DNSDJS
06-26-2007, 12:50 PM
in no way to i want to sound like or look like i am making excuses for anything.
i am just stating in my opinion... what he must have been going thru and thats why i find it hard to believe that its a murder suicide.

why would anyone kill their own family
if they havnt seen them in months and etc?

89coupe
06-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Its been confirmed.

Cops: Benoit kills self, family

Wrestler strangles wife, smothers son

ATLANTA (AP, SUN MEDIA) — Pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room, a law enforcement official close to the investigation told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Authorities also said they are investigating whether steroids may have been a factor in the deaths of Benoit, his wife and their 7-year-old son. Steroid abuse has been linked to depression, paranoia, and aggressive behavior or angry outbursts known as “roid rage.”

“We don’t know yet. That’s one of the things we’ll be looking at,” said Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard. He said test results may not be back for weeks.

Autopsies were scheduled Tuesday by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

Authorities were investigating the deaths at a secluded Fayette County home as a murder-suicide and were not seeking any suspects. The official who described the manner of death spoke on the condition of anonymity because the information was to be released at a news conference later Tuesday.

Investigators believe Benoit (pronounced ben-WAH) killed his wife, 43-year-old Nancy, and son Daniel during the weekend and then himself Monday. The bodies were found Monday afternoon in three separate rooms of the house, off a gravel road about two miles from the Whitewater Country Club.

Fayette County Coroner C.J. Mowell did not return calls seeking comment. The answering service for his funeral home said he was out of town.

Asked about the condition of the interior of the house, sheriff’s Sgt. Keith Whiteside said investigators found “nothing really out of the ordinary.” He said Benoit was found in the home’s weight room, his wife in an office and the son in an upstairs bedroom. The WWE cancelled its live "Raw" wrestling card Monday night in Corpus Christi, Texas. Canadian television network The Score aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled telecast.

Redlyne_mr2
06-26-2007, 06:15 PM
Something doesnt add up.. Steroids dont cause you to freak out and murder people. I knew nothing about the guy so who knows what the story is but its not unheard of for these types of people to get into trouble with the mafia and or have serious gambling problems.

DepTrotter
06-26-2007, 06:26 PM
Steroids can cause you to have an uncontrollable anger (roid rage) and he probably had some kind of fight with his wife, yada yada yada RIP Daniel and Nancy.. Burn in hell Benoit

signature7
06-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Something doesnt add up.. Steroids dont cause you to freak out and murder people. I knew nothing about the guy so who knows what the story is but its not unheard of for these types of people to get into trouble with the mafia and or have serious gambling problems.

Investigators found anabolic steroids in the house and want to know whether the muscle man nicknamed “The Canadian Crippler” was unhinged by the bodybuilding drugs, which can cause paranoia, depression and explosive outbursts known as “roid rage.”

sounds so messed up, i didn't know roids could do that..

hukgwai
06-26-2007, 06:38 PM
certain steroids can cause a shorter temper, but these murders happened almost a day apart (each of them), so i would not speculate it was "roid rage".

signature7
06-26-2007, 06:53 PM
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/benoitpressrelease

makes sense that it wasn't 'Rage"

googe
06-26-2007, 08:41 PM
next one to say RIP he was a great guy needs a slap in the head, hard

he murdered his wife and kid! how do you respect that? :nut:

jay42w8
06-26-2007, 08:42 PM
you guys are right...it wasn't the steroids...you can't blame it on that...it may have helped him...but Benoit obviously was one fucked up guy and NOT the admirable guy some of you seem to be claiming him to be...fuck him...he most DEFINITELY IS NOT R.I.P.ing right now...there is NEVER an excuse to murder your wife and child...may this fucking piece of shit burn in hell forever:guns:

mwmhong
06-26-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by googe
next one to say RIP he was a great guy needs a slap in the head, hard

he murdered his wife and kid! how do you respect that? :nut:

:werd:

:thumbsdow for respect and RIP to murderers

This reminds me of when Bret Hart insulted the American crowd by saying something like "you people don't respect me, you people look up to someone like OJ Simpson" :rofl:

z2two
06-26-2007, 10:52 PM
i give him respect for his wrestling career, but as a human being after his actions. I have absolutely no respect for him at all.

Disoblige
06-26-2007, 11:44 PM
I take back my RIP. At breaking news, I didn't think that he was a murderer. Now with these developments, I lost ALL respect for Benoit.

ChokeEmOut
06-26-2007, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by DepTrotter
RIP Daniel and Nancy.. Burn in hell Benoit

As sad and sick the whole situation is. That made me LOL. :rofl:

ChokeEmOut
06-26-2007, 11:57 PM
Seriously though, this guy is an embarasment to Canadians.

He is a fuckin Punk.

slick2404
06-27-2007, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by ChokeEmOut

He is a fuckin Punk.

...wow....really?

bignerd
06-27-2007, 01:29 AM
They said his wife had previously started divorce proceedings and was taking him to court saying that he made XXX of dollars per year etc... and was wanting sole custody of their son. She also had a restraining order against him at one point then withdrew both that and the divorce petition.

That might have something to do with it?

DepTrotter
06-27-2007, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by bignerd
They said his wife had previously started divorce proceedings and was taking him to court saying that he made XXX of dollars per year etc... and was wanting sole custody of their son. She also had a restraining order against him at one point then withdrew both that and the divorce petition.

That might have something to do with it?

doubt it

those claims were filed back in 03 - they previously reconsiled. Also to comment on the roid rage - on a comment issued on the wwe website, they mentioned that due to the circumstances involved his actions seemed premeditated, for example, he killed them on seperate days, and placed bibles beside their bodies..

ugh i can't shake the shame he has brought to me as a fan of his.

At first i joined a facebook group "a dedication to Chris Benoit - the best wwe champion of all time" but as the details slowly came into place i left that group and joined the chris benoit is a fucking murderer group

bobby_lu
06-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by ChokeEmOut

He is a fuckin Punk.

:werd: what a fucking dirtbag.

DNSDJS
06-27-2007, 09:37 AM
damn..
takin back my RIP
after further news on this..
what a fuck head..

makes me mad...

although
when he was living.. he was a good performer...

chris burn in hell..:whipped:

sputnik
06-27-2007, 09:54 AM
- strangles his wife
- smothers his kid
- hangs himself

Should have done it in the reverse order.

DNSDJS
06-27-2007, 10:01 AM
hahah tru at least his wife and kid would have still been living and would have had a future..

reiRei
06-27-2007, 10:02 AM
It's absolutely horrible what took place over the weekend, but we don't know the whole story, or the motivation behind this.. it's absolutely creepy and mysterious.. I was reading up on the wrestling dirtsheets that he had texted a few of his co-workers his address, as if he wanted all the bodies to be found... he knew he was going to die that weekend when he called Chavo ... it's absolutely bizzare and I'm waiting to hear more details of what really happened

l8braker
06-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Seems like someone edited the wifes Wikipedia page hours before the murders:

http://www.knbc.com/entertainment/13586496/detail.html

ZorroAMG
06-29-2007, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by reiRei
It's absolutely horrible what took place over the weekend, but we don't know the whole story, or the motivation behind this..

What's to fucking know? He's a douchebag murderer, plain and simple.

googe
06-29-2007, 01:41 AM
^Yup, that about does it for what we need to know!