PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this NSX

max_boost
06-26-2007, 11:31 AM
I am seriously contemplating picking up this vehicle but I'm not sure if it's right for me. I've always owned newer cars, I don't do any maintenance on my own and not sure how up to date I need to be with an older vehicle.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90026
I am selling my 1991 Berlina Black NSX 5 speed manual clear title VIN# JH4NA1158MT002374. It is out of the snap ring range. The car has 140k miles and had all the seals replaced less than 3k miles ago. These seals included: the oil pan gasket, vtec gaskets, cam end plugs and valve cover gaskets and had valves adjusted as well. All 4 of the rear cv boots were also replaced at the same time. All radiator hoses have been replaced as well. I have receipts for all of this work. So now lets start with what this vehicle has to offer.
It has a brand new complete Berlina Black paint job which cost close to 6,000, It has a 02 complete front end with oem lip painted to match the car. All parts used were oem except for the cf hood. It has 02 rear taillights and 02 rear lower valence. The vehicle has gruppe-m sideskirts which match up perfectly with how low the front sits. I have craft square CF mirrors and I am sitting on 17/18" Black HRE 545r's with all new tires and Tein RA coilover suspension. I have a K&N intake, Supersprint headers, custom test pipes and exhaust which was all installed at the same time as the seals were done which is less than 3k miles ago. I have a Kenwood 7" indash dvd player model kvt-717 and I have MB Quart pce-216 components and a diamond audio 10" sub in the passenger side footwell which is in a custom fiberglass enclosure. I am using a Alpine MV amp for the highs and a Zapco 400 watt amp for the subwoofer. I have the center console and side pieces Berlina Black to match the car and have a SOS teardrop shit knob. This car looks very clean in person and lots of people mistake it for an 02. At the meet at Driving Ambition today many people thought I was joking when I said it was a 1991. I am very anal about my vehicles and the condition of this car shows it very well. I wash and wax the car every Thursday and it has a 3M clear bar on the front bumper.
The only reason I am selling the car is because I am no longer living away from home and my father is going to allow me to use his car since he barely uses it. My asking price for this immaculate car is 32,500 which is negotiable, so please do not hesitate to make me offers. I am able to take parts out of car to bring price down. Just let me know what your offer is with or without certain parts and I will let you know what I think. Thanks all!

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/data/500/black_nsx.jpg
http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/data/500/black_nsx2.jpg
http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/data/500/medium/IMG_1000.JPG
http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/data/500/medium/IMG_1006.JPG
http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/data/500/medium/IMG_1004.JPG

JAYMEZ
06-26-2007, 11:34 AM
I remember looking at this one.. I think the KMs are to high.. You can find some with lower KMS , less mods for a better price..

I think its better to do all your own mods , so that you can KNOW your car inside and out... You dont know if some lazy mechanic did a bad job on it or not.

PINOY-X
06-26-2007, 11:34 AM
two different cars with different rims? ..... if you like it buy it .. but i prefer the pop up lights IMO

Weapon_R
06-26-2007, 11:36 AM
I wouldn't. For me, part of the excitement of having an NSX would be a low mileage, all original example. Not a repainted, high mileage, ricer stereo version.

Looks hot though, but i'd question the quality of the mods and so would future buyers.

teggypimp95
06-26-2007, 11:36 AM
To many mods, dont like the head light conversion, too many kms, paint jobs are never as good as factory IMO. I wouldent even think about that car.

shakalaka
06-26-2007, 11:38 AM
NSX's are amazing cars. Absolutely amazing looking. I am planning to pick one up for myself in a next year or so, once I finish my degree and move back here.

Well i am sure you agree how nice looking this car is, so if you think that's for you then you should go with it. As far as the maintenance goes, I haven't looked much into this yet, but from what I know about Honda's and Acura's they are pretty low maintenance cars.

KRyn
06-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Looks like a great car but I agree with what Jaymez said in the above post.

spyce
06-26-2007, 11:42 AM
definitely look for a different one with less mileage on it
the front end conversion looks good though
although i woudl leave it with the popup headlights if you want to go classic

4doorj
06-26-2007, 11:46 AM
i know the conversion costs alot to do! and i know u love those front end conversions!
i seriously love it... as u can tell i considering buying it....
the amount of money on the mods compared to say if the motor does go outweight it....
because front end roughly 10-12k to swap out plus all the other stuff... new motor 8k...

i would definitly consider it

Jlude
06-26-2007, 12:13 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool:

Gorgeous car!!! But that is a ton of klms... 225k

rc2002
06-26-2007, 12:17 PM
I agree with Jaymez, 140k miles is WAY too high. That's 225,000km. There will be wear on all components of the car (seats, pedal, steering wheel, chassis, etc. etc.) not just the engine.

88CRX
06-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by 4doorj
i know the conversion costs alot to do! and i know u love those front end conversions!
i seriously love it... as u can tell i considering buying it....
the amount of money on the mods compared to say if the motor does go outweight it....
because front end roughly 10-12k to swap out plus all the other stuff... new motor 8k...

i would definitly consider it

No kidding. The car has 90% oem replacment parts whats wrong with that.

That front end is baller. And so are the HRE's.

Rip the stereo shit out and your done. I/H/E are hardely mods you have to worry about being done wrong haha.

TNation
06-26-2007, 01:01 PM
too many mods, the mods may not have been properly installed either..

max_boost
06-26-2007, 02:41 PM
I agree with a lot of what you guys have said. The mileage is very high.

I absolutely love how clean this car looks. Perhaps I'll wait for the 02 to go down in price or if I can find a really nice low mileage NSX, I'll put the $20K in mods to get it to look how I want.

JAYMEZ
06-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Just keep checking on nsxprime and cars.com , im sure another one will pop up man... I would just go with low KMs incase you want to sell it down the road. But its defiantly sexy :thumbsup:

Teggy
06-26-2007, 03:04 PM
thats alot of miles for that kind of car, its very nice, but probably driven everywhere

legendboy
06-26-2007, 03:34 PM
you have to admit that thing is very sexy!

benyl
06-26-2007, 03:46 PM
The car has at least 5-6 previous owners and has been in an accident. Probably the reason for the new front end and repaint.

Also, it has failed aircare numerous times in California... so the engine was probably modded.

Revhard
06-26-2007, 03:54 PM
It's a very nice car. Offer what it is worth.
The miles and history really hurt the value, so the price should be reduced compared to others.
That really is a low-ball offer kind of car...

Skyline_Addict
06-26-2007, 04:02 PM
beautiful car, but for a car like that and @ that price, i wouldn't be looking at one that has more than 60k miles.

Cody D
06-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Man black NSX's are so sexy. If the engine is still solid I'd go for it.

max_boost
06-26-2007, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by benyl
The car has at least 5-6 previous owners and has been in an accident. Probably the reason for the new front end and repaint.

Also, it has failed aircare numerous times in California... so the engine was probably modded. ORLY!?

Thanks for all the comments/suggestions. I'll keep looking.