PDA

View Full Version : 7-14 Day Crash Diet - recomendations?

broken_legs
06-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Hey Y'all

I've got some spare time this summer and im going to be at the beach lots. I need to get the beach body back fast.

Can u recommend any good crash Diets? I want to lose 5-10- 15 pounds if i can.

Im 6ft, 210 pounds, fair amount of muscle but havent been training at all recently for past 6 months, gettin all soft around the edges now LOL

Thanks

KRyn
06-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Vegetables and water for two weeks. Then coming off it control protein and carb intake.

thinmyster
06-26-2007, 02:09 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/181271/awesome-diet-pill-with-awesome-side-effects/

Darkane
06-26-2007, 02:32 PM
The best fast diet (not that any of them are recommended) but this may be the best for you. Veloicty Diet.

Essentially what your doing is doing a heavy protein intake and putting your body into ketosis by limiting ALL carbs. Search on Google for exact details.

You DO NOT eat solid foods on this diet, but take Whey, BCAA's, Casein, egg white protien, AND MAYBE some dextrose if your working out for your post workout.

This diet is usually limited to 1200cal's a day, assuming your metabolism is up to the task you can drop a pound a day or more and maintain 90-100% of your muscle.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS, but its your option. It's costly too for all the supps, but you save the money on not eating.

EDIT: If you're insane take some Seasathin and some other Thermal cutter and get that beach body of yours. Expect to gain EVERYTHING back really quick.

Forgot to add you need Lots of EFA's (essential fats) Olive oils, Flax oils, Fish oils, and a fibre supplement. Psyllium Husks work well.

broken_legs
06-26-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
The best fast diet (not that any of them are recommended) but this may be the best for you. Veloicty Diet.

Essentially what your doing is doing a heavy protein intake and putting your body into ketosis by limiting ALL carbs. Search on Google for exact details.

You DO NOT eat solid foods on this diet, but take Whey, BCAA's, Casein, egg white protien, AND MAYBE some dextrose if your working out for your post workout.

This diet is usually limited to 1200cal's a day, assuming your metabolism is up to the task you can drop a pound a day or more and maintain 90-100% of your muscle.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS, but its your option. It's costly too for all the supps, but you save the money on not eating.

EDIT: If you're insane take some Seasathin and some other Thermal cutter and get that beach body of yours. Expect to gain EVERYTHING back really quick.

Forgot to add you need Lots of EFA's (essential fats) Olive oils, Flax oils, Fish oils, and a fibre supplement. Psyllium Husks work well.

Thanks Darkane,

I'll look into this. I read the side affects thread, i think the only weight loss supplement i would consider is the ECA stack which I still have som E left over from a couple years back. Definately not going to take Clem...

broken_legs
06-26-2007, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by KRyn
Vegetables and water for two weeks. Then coming off it control protein and carb intake.

What kind of vegtables? Are starchy things like potatoes and maybe sweet things like carrots allowed?

Is there a name for this diet?

Thanks

5hift
06-26-2007, 04:07 PM
just so you know on any crash diet, the majority of your weight loss will be muscle, not fat.

KRyn
06-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Heh, I really wasn't thinking when I posted that sorry about that.
I am unsure about a name for it.. My good friend who is a personal trainer goes to St. Louis every year to take courses at some very high end Gym. This gym does all the training for all of the sports teams there. That is where he got the diet. When I did this diet my self I lost about 10lbs in two weeks and looked shredded.

No startchy vegetables at all. Doing this for the full two weeks was VERY hard for me. However I saw great results after it and gained what appeared to me to be more lean mass back when I started back on my 2g per lb of body weight diet. Here is an article about protein intake. Also check the rest of t-nation.com for lots of good diet info.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459603

kerry
06-26-2007, 04:27 PM
Another one that worked for me was the South Beach Diet.
As with Darkane,I definitely wouldn't recommend it because of how shitty I felt and how drained you are, but if you want a quick gain try that out. 2 weeks first that suck and then easy sailing.

ken-gsr
06-26-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by broken_legs

What kind of vegtables? Are starchy things like potatoes and maybe sweet things like carrots allowed?

Thanks

This sounds very much like the Dr. Bernstein diet. My girlfriend was on it a while ago - she lost crazy weight. After she was in ketosis she lost about 5 - 6 pounds per week.

Potatoes and Carrots and Corn were not aloud.

basically she ate chicken and broccoli for 2 months straight.

Darkane
06-26-2007, 05:20 PM

Thanks

No. Those veggies are fairly high on the GI (Glycemic Index) scale. You want to stick to things with a GI of 50 and under.

Fruits are good, but not all. All berries are excellent. Blue, Straw, Rasp, Black, Cran. Pears are also excellent because they taste good and are low on the GI.

Eat lots of Green leafy veggies: Spinich, Broc, Romaine letuce.

Also Cauli, Turnips, squash, Zuchini, and especially beans!! :)

If you do decide to do this speed diet, I'd recommend doing a body recomposition after in the winter or whatever. You'll build the muscle you need to stay lean and lose the fat slowly, safely and permanently assuming you change your lifestyle as well.

JGC96
06-27-2007, 01:20 PM
have you heard of the master cleanse or lemonade diet??

dericer
06-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Blood type diet ftw.

I have lost 15 lbs in the past 2 weeks. Eat what I want...aslong as it's within the spectrum of the diet.

I feel great too.

lint
06-27-2007, 01:42 PM

Isn't that just the Atkin's Diet?

bobby_lu
06-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by dericer
Blood type diet ftw.

I have lost 15 lbs in the past 2 weeks. Eat what I want...aslong as it's within the spectrum of the diet.

I feel great too.

Darkane
06-27-2007, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by lint

Isn't that just the Atkin's Diet?

Oh god no. On the veolicty diet you don't eat solid food except for one meal every 5-7 days. Atkins diet is breeze compared to this!

Its selective proteins in shake form. Gotta follow a faily strict when and how much to consume. Search it up.

In theory every single person except a SMALL percentage should be on a reduced carb diet. Humans are not built to digest huge amounts of carbs.

Think to our Neanderthal friends.. Did they have wheat and flour to bake bread? no.. Did they have rice and white sugars? Nope.. All they had for carbs was some vegtables, Honey and Berries and select fruits, just good healthy complex carbs. Simple "sweet" carbs were virtually non-existant.

People can easiyl survive on 50-75 carbs a day and infact after a couple weeks MOST people experience better energy levels, No mood swings, Better sleep paterns, feel better overall. I'm amazed why people don't do a low carb lifestyle.

Currently I'm doing a clean bulk to get my metabolism back so I can recomp again. I feel way worse eating 150-250 carbs (Clean carbs at that) than 50 carbs a day. Go figure.

dericer
06-27-2007, 08:36 PM

Oh god no. On the veolicty diet you don't eat solid food except for one meal every 5-7 days. Atkins diet is breeze compared to this!

Its selective proteins in shake form. Gotta follow a faily strict when and how much to consume. Search it up.

In theory every single person except a SMALL percentage should be on a reduced carb diet. Humans are not built to digest huge amounts of carbs.

Think to our Neanderthal friends.. Did they have wheat and flour to bake bread? no.. Did they have rice and white sugars? Nope.. All they had for carbs was some vegtables, Honey and Berries and select fruits, just good healthy complex carbs. Simple "sweet" carbs were virtually non-existant.

People can easiyl survive on 50-75 carbs a day and infact after a couple weeks MOST people experience better energy levels, No mood swings, Better sleep paterns, feel better overall. I'm amazed why people don't do a low carb lifestyle.

Currently I'm doing a clean bulk to get my metabolism back so I can recomp again. I feel way worse eating 150-250 carbs (Clean carbs at that) than 50 carbs a day. Go figure.

Exactly. I don't know about the whey protien, but this diet does seem to have alot of merit.

kertejud
06-27-2007, 09:13 PM
I can't understand why people still believe this low carb crap to lose weight. You need carbs to live, a person who exercises on a regular basis could eat 200g of carbs after an intense workout and use all of them.

Carbs are your energy source, if you don't have enough, your body will use muscle protein as its most readily available source (your body willing to convert its own bone into energy before it goes after fat when you deprive it of carbs). Should you avaoid bad carbs, absolutely (BTW, honey is a bad carb), but good carbs are your energy for life. People just need to realize which ones are good and which ones are bad: i.e. bananas, potatoes, carrots = "bad"; apples, oats, sweet potatoes = good.

I also don't understand limiting one's food intake to lose weight. You deprive your body of carbs (and therefore energy), your body goes after muscle first, one pound of muscle burns 50 calories a day at rest, you lose just five pounds of muscle on a diet, you're lowering your metabolism by 250 calories a day. After a diet, your weight might go down, but your body fat percentage usually goes up considerably, not to mention your metabolism has lost much of its 'umph.'

God damn low carb diets, no wonder they have a 2% success rate. LIFESTYLE CHANGES PEOPLE!!! Dieting is useless.

Darkane
06-27-2007, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by kertejud
I can't understand why people still believe this low carb crap to lose weight. You need carbs to live, a person who exercises on a regular basis could eat 200g of carbs after an intense workout and use all of them.

Carbs are your energy source, if you don't have enough, your body will use muscle protein as its most readily available source (your body willing to convert its own bone into energy before it goes after fat when you deprive it of carbs). Should you avaoid bad carbs, absolutely (BTW, honey is a bad carb), but good carbs are your energy for life. People just need to realize which ones are good and which ones are bad: i.e. bananas, potatoes, carrots = "bad"; apples, oats, sweet potatoes = good.

I also don't understand limiting one's food intake to lose weight. You deprive your body of carbs (and therefore energy), your body goes after muscle first, one pound of muscle burns 50 calories a day at rest, you lose just five pounds of muscle on a diet, you're lowering your metabolism by 250 calories a day. After a diet, your weight might go down, but your body fat percentage usually goes up considerably, not to mention your metabolism has lost much of its 'umph.'

God damn low carb diets, no wonder they have a 2% success rate. LIFESTYLE CHANGES PEOPLE!!! Dieting is useless.

:rofl: Ok then... Trivia time.

If you limit your carbs does your body convert protein intake to glucose if needed?

BTW Low carb diets fail because people do not Increase Protein intake.

Are you asian?

dericer
06-27-2007, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by kertejud

It's all about the type of carbs.

Simple carbs basically have no merit what so ever in North American society. Complex carbs are essential and definately should not be reduced in any diet. You will lose muscle mass, and have the potential to mess with your body's ability to regulate insulin,

hussein
06-28-2007, 08:39 AM
Why hasn't anyone mentioned the cocaine diet yet? :D Just kidding.

KRyn
06-28-2007, 08:47 AM
The Hollywood diet haha!

Darkane what weight are you trying to clean bulk to?

Darkane
06-28-2007, 10:26 AM
The Hollywood diet haha!

Darkane what weight are you trying to clean bulk to?

It's not a wieght I'm trying to reach, its a basal metabolism.

Every morning I take my body temperature before getting out of bed. It's around 36.2-36.5 which is not bad. I'd like it to be 36.5 all of the time. For every 1degree F it can be as much as 15% LOWER than normal.

Currently I'm around [email protected]% BF. I'd like to get to a nice 10-12%. Should be acheivable within a 6months to a year.

KRyn
06-28-2007, 10:33 AM
What are you taking in school or what have you taken?

I am going to get you to put together a new diet for me when I cut next summer! It appears you know alot about food and nutrition! :thumbsup:

Darkane
06-28-2007, 10:55 AM
What are you taking in school or what have you taken?

I am going to get you to put together a new diet for me when I cut next summer! It appears you know alot about food and nutrition! :thumbsup:

Nutrition and working out is just a hobby of mine. I'm actually a Fourth class Power Engineer. But I'll help you out as much as I can :thumbsup:

Actually Pm'd.

broken_legs
07-20-2007, 10:57 AM
OK

Heres the update. I havent dieted yet, but I just started on Wednesday

My plan is simple. Who knows whether it will work or not though LOL. I have 2 weeks until Aug Long Houseboating when the shirt comes off.

Breakfast:
1 banana for potasium
Blueberries, rasberries
Chicken

Snacks all day:

blueberries, rasberries in small portions when i feel down
Radishes
Celery
A few bites of CK breast

Lunch/dinner:
Chicken breast
Asparagus
Broccoli
Colliflower
Squash
Zuchini

I'm cutting out ALL salt
Supplementing with isolate/concentrate whey and glutamine after workouts and walks. Hopefully the potassium and whey will help me maintain muscle mass.
Taking vitamins and essential oils
Drinking crap loads of water
No grains, no dairy, no sauces, only spices
Portions are small, more snacky then meal oriented.

I'm pretty sure I will be reducing my caloric intake by at least a 1000 calories/day doing this.

I'm also planning to work an additional 500 calories/day off by walking/working out some. Doing a walk 3 times a day with a decent cardio in between.

So I think i Should be able to lose about a pound every 2 days - Maybe more. I'm also taking some thermogenic BS pills just for fun. Loosely based on eca stack, but there is a nightime formula too that stimulates Growth Hormone and has no stimulants in it.

I'll report back after maybe ever some b4 and after picks if it all works

sputnik
07-20-2007, 11:12 AM
At the end of the day all weight loss comes as a result of calorie reduction.

1 lb of fat is basically 3500 stored calories. If you want to drop the weight drop the calories. Your best bet is to try to eat the most food with the least calories. That is if you want to eat 1500 calories per day see how many things you can eat without going over 1500 calories.

Don't listen to people that have lists of what you can and cannot eat. Eat to be full and eat to be under 1500 calories. If you want to go to McDs and blow 1500 calories on one meal. Go ahead. Just prepare to starve for the rest of the day.

If you are hungry you wont like losing weight and fall of the wagon. If you are full you are much better off and are more likely to continue.

hussein
07-20-2007, 12:30 PM
If you want to go to McDs and blow 1500 calories on one meal. Go ahead. Just prepare to starve for the rest of the day.

For some reason this made me laugh. But yea, sputnik's advice is sound.

Do you have any recommendations on low calorie foods that make you feel full?

broken_legs
07-20-2007, 12:38 PM
Yeah thats how I figured a pound every 2 days roughly 3000 calories lost every 2 days

I find whenever I feel hungry a single small radish will kill that hunger immediately

Raw veggies seem to stop me from being hungry, or a few vegies and a bite of chicken

EDIT:

Oh yeah, a big part of my plan is shooting for Ketosis in a couple of days. Found a great little website that shows you carb counts for most foods. I'm shooting to keep my carbs under 20 gm/day. So bananas are out and i'll supplement potassium

http://www.bellaonline.com/subjects/4486.asp

EDIT:

Heres a link I found on Potassium containing foods. Turns out K supplements only come in 99mg caps and I need 4700 mg+ per day.
I'm thinking spinach is a safe bet at 0.2 g Carbs and 420 mg K per serving

http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/hgic4069.htm

EDIT:

hahah. It seems to be working. I just pissed on a kesostix and it turned dark purple :D I did one earlier today *after a workout and it was a little red so I guess this means I'm Ketogenic now.:clap:

broken_legs
07-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Hey guys I found another awesome site that talks about low carb diets and how to maintain muscle while doing them:

http://low-carb.org/faq/#Q3_1

Darkane
07-20-2007, 10:35 PM
Hey guys I found another awesome site that talks about low carb diets and how to maintain muscle while doing them:

http://low-carb.org/faq/#Q3_1

Why didn't you start this 3 weeks ago? If you did then you could have done it easier and not so rushed.

BCAA protein should be used to help reduce Catabolism. I've read some big wig trainers claim 0.44g/kg body weight a day, split between meals, But I just take about 35-40G sipped during a workout. Caution BCAA's are not for the weak. The flavour and inconsitency of them dissolving will chase many away.

FYI people have gained up to 10lbs of lean muscle on this stuff in 4 weeks alone. I'm just finishing my 3rd week and gained 6lbs. Good stuff :thumbsup:

broken_legs
07-20-2007, 10:42 PM

Why didn't you start this 3 weeks ago? If you did then you could have done it easier and not so rushed.

Plans change, sh*t happens, Instead of dieting i went on a 2 week long drinking binge. Was it worth it? Yes.

I think I'm going to try for more of a TKD:
Targeted Ketogenic Diet. It is essentially a ketogenic diet where carbohydrate intake is timed around weight training workouts. The goal is to provide enough short term energy to exercise effectively without disrupting ketosis. The amount of carbs to be consumed is determined by the number of sets to be performed. Lyle McDonald has suggested 5 grams for every two sets to be performed as a guideline. A person planning for 10 sets would consume 25 grams preworkout using these guidelines. Most TKD followers use abbreviated weight training routines: i.e., HIT /Hardgainer, where only one or two sets of an exercise are performed. An extensive listing of sample abbreviated routines can be found at: http://www.cyberpump.com/workouts/workpage.html . Carbohydrates are generally consumed 30 minutes prior to workout. Others have found sucess with carb intake during their workout. Some TKDers also take in post-workout carbs, generally with some protein to aid in recovery. Fat intake should be avoided when taking in whatever source of carbs is chosen. Experimentation with the amount and timing of carbohydrate consumption will generally be necessary to get the results desired.

Glucose /Glucose polymers are often used as preworkout carbs. "Smarties" (U.S. version only) and "Sweettarts" are popular pre-workout carbs, but anything that is easily digestable and will give the desired amount of carbs is fine. [HC]

The plan so far is to eat smarties or some dextrose an hour befor working out and 30 minutes before eating smarties I'll be supplementing ALA.

I'll call my diet the evolving diet LOL

broken_legs
07-22-2007, 09:12 PM
ok so things seem to be working

I started at around 212-209 pounds i'm usually in that area somewhere

Friday morning 209.8
Saturday morning 206.8
Sunday morning 205.6 (204.2 after cardio :-)

But the cramping is killing me. I'm supplementing with calcium, magnesium and potassium but the cramps are getting worse

Anybody else had this happen?

dericer
07-22-2007, 11:26 PM
From your results I'd say you're dehydrated. You can't lose that much fat that quikly. It's impossible if you're still eating. The cramps are a result. Drink plenty of water and you'll stop retaining it since your body won't need to store it.

So in a nutshell, Drink more water, and be prepared to see yourself gain the weight back. On the bright side you won't be unhealthy now, and the cramping will stop.

Aim for no more than 15lbs a month w/ 30 mins of cardio a day, and don't diet. It's stupid, and doesn't work long term.

broken_legs
07-23-2007, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by dericer
From your results I'd say you're dehydrated. You can't lose that much fat that quikly. It's impossible if you're still eating. The cramps are a result. Drink plenty of water and you'll stop retaining it since your body won't need to store it.

So in a nutshell, Drink more water, and be prepared to see yourself gain the weight back. On the bright side you won't be unhealthy now, and the cramping will stop.

Aim for no more than 15lbs a month w/ 30 mins of cardio a day, and don't diet. It's stupid, and doesn't work long term.

Thanks for the reply

well I'd say you might be right but i'm drinking 7-10 LITRES of water a day. I'm starting to think that I shouldn't have cut the sodium from my diet completely, i'm going to add a bit of salt in tomorrow and see what happens

Also why cant I lose a pound of fat in a day when I'm in Ketosis? Today I figure I did close to 1500 CAL of cardio. And my calorie intake for the day was probably around 1800

hussein
07-23-2007, 06:57 PM
Shit man, seems like you got some problems, broken_legs.

Friday morning 209.8
Saturday morning 206.8
Sunday morning 205.6 (204.2 after cardio :-)

This is lame. Why do you weigh your self every morning? This is not a good indication of your actual weight.

And good luck with the Ketosis. :rolleyes:

Remember how I said I wanted to do this too? Well, I have been eating less, exercising more, and my waist is smaller (pants which I couldn't do the button up on fit me comfortably now). My target is also Aug long weekend.

I will challenge you to see who can get into better shape by then. I am about 235lbs and 6'2. Let me know, as I need some extra motivation.

broken_legs
07-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by hussein
Shit man, seems like you got some problems, broken_legs.

This is lame. Why do you weigh your self every morning? This is not a good indication of your actual weight.

And good luck with the Ketosis. :rolleyes:

Remember how I said I wanted to do this too? Well, I have been eating less, exercising more, and my waist is smaller (pants which I couldn't do the button up on fit me comfortably now). My target is also Aug long weekend.

I will challenge you to see who can get into better shape by then. I am about 235lbs and 6'2. Let me know, as I need some extra motivation.

Why are you hating on me man? I don't have any problems whats your problem??

I'm learning as I go and sharing everything with people here. Maybe someone will read this and at least take some useful information out of it or get turned in the right direction when they start looking for their own diet... If they choose to do a stupid crash diet like me too.

I don't care to hear anymore from you people that this is stupid and what I'm doing isn't going to work. If this is about motivation for you, then thats fine. I look forward to comparing results in 2 weeks.

I weigh myself every day for motivation, I like to understand what inputs into my body result in weight change. Read about the induction phase of the Atkins diet, 90% of people lose a pound a day for the first two weeks, I didn't lose anything for the first 4 days when I started cutting carbs, only when I went into Ketosis did I start to lose. I'm very aware what affects my weight, i took a huge crap and lost 2 pounds today. I lost another 1.5 pounds on the treadmill in 30 minutes. then I gained another pound back at the water fountain.

I've taken a small amount of time out of my life to try and figure all of this out, and so far it seems to be working great. Oh and the last time that I weighed myself under 205 was more then a year ago.......

Today I ate 1200 calories, and did 1300 Cal of cardio, just to live as a couch potatoe I should taking my ideal weight x 10 to maintain. Well that means I'm burning somewhere around 2100 calories/day sitting on my ass, now add that 1300 on there and I'm easily losing 0.75 pounds a day, but I have a feeling its going to be more.

I'm looking forward to showing you guys the end result (if it works)
But lets save the "I TOLD YOU SOs" until after ok:thumbsup:

EDIT:

So i started eating some salty foods again. I also doubled my Calcium Magnesium supplement. Seems to have done the trick in limiting the cramping. Maybe its too soon to tell but the cramps are much less intense today.

hussein
07-23-2007, 09:59 PM

Why are you hating on me man? I don't have any problems whats your problem??

I'm learning as I go and sharing everything with people here. Maybe someone will read this and at least take some useful information out of it or get turned in the right direction when they start looking for their own diet... If they choose to do a stupid crash diet like me too.

I don't care to hear anymore from you people that this is stupid and what I'm doing isn't going to work. If this is about motivation for you, then thats fine. I look forward to comparing results in 2 weeks.

I weigh myself every day for motivation, I like to understand what inputs into my body result in weight change. Read about the induction phase of the Atkins diet, 90% of people lose a pound a day for the first two weeks, I didn't lose anything for the first 4 days when I started cutting carbs, only when I went into Ketosis did I start to lose. I'm very aware what affects my weight, i took a huge crap and lost 2 pounds today. I lost another 1.5 pounds on the treadmill in 30 minutes. then I gained another pound back at the water fountain.

I've taken a small amount of time out of my life to try and figure all of this out, and so far it seems to be working great. Oh and the last time that I weighed myself under 205 was more then a year ago.......

Today I ate 1200 calories, and did 1300 Cal of cardio, just to live as a couch potatoe I should taking my ideal weight x 10 to maintain. Well that means I'm burning somewhere around 2100 calories/day sitting on my ass, now add that 1300 on there and I'm easily losing 0.75 pounds a day, but I have a feeling its going to be more.

I'm looking forward to showing you guys the end result (if it works)
But lets save the "I TOLD YOU SOs" until after ok:thumbsup:

I am not hating, just saying... that weighing yourself everyday doesn't give you an accurate estimate to your true body weight.

It's truly amazing that you consider the water and poop as part of your weight lost? :rofl: So you weigh your self after pooping, jogging, and drinking water? I do not really see the point in this. You should look in the mirror and be like, shit yo, I am becoming skinneeeeeeh, while posing your muscles. :bigpimp:

Secondly, I am genuinely interested in how you do 1300 (or more?) calories worth of work in a cardio work out. I burn about 250 calories in 13 minutes, so I am assuming you do about an hour and a half of cardio a day? Are you doing any weight lifting (more after burn?)?

Cheers. :thumbsup:

broken_legs
07-23-2007, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by hussein

I am not hating, just saying... that weighing yourself everyday doesn't give you an accurate estimate to your true body weight.

It's truly amazing that you consider the water and poop as part of your weight lost? :rofl: So you weigh your self after pooping, jogging, and drinking water? I do not really see the point in this. You should look in the mirror and be like, shit yo, I am becoming skinneeeeeeh, while posing your muscles. :bigpimp:

Secondly, I am genuinely interested in how you do 1300 (or more?) calories worth of work in a cardio work out. I burn about 250 calories in 13 minutes, so I am assuming you do about an hour and a half of cardio a day? Are you doing any weight lifting (more after burn?)?

Cheers. :thumbsup:

I do 2 sets of 45 minutes on the crosstrainer at the gym

If i cant make it to the gym twice I do one 700 cal set in the morning at then do5-8 laps on the stairs by Princes Island Park, that usually takes about an hour but I just round it down to 600-700 calories to be conservative

And in the evening I go for a 30 minute walk to keep things burning. I feel like I'm on fire all the time, I can't remember feeling like this before.

I am lifting weights, just picking them up a couple times a week so my body realizes I'm still using them and not to Catabolize them. A mix between heavy and lite reps, i'm not trying to rip muscle and grow, just maintain.

And about the weight thing everyday... Clearly I don't consider water and excrement weight loss. I was just pointing out that I am very aware what input and outputs affect my weight. Thats why I weigh in the morning before drinking water. I think you're getting jealous fatty:poosie:

hussein
07-23-2007, 10:33 PM

I think you're getting jealous fatty:poosie:

That shit takes the cake. :rofl:

Kritafo
07-24-2007, 11:47 AM
anyone on here going the volumetics diet?

broken_legs
08-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Well i guess I better update this

So I was doing great on the no carb thing. I kept track of everything ate, counted every calorie I inhaled

I was running a deficit of 2000-3000 calories per day.

I stopped losing weight at 201 plds. (i started at 210) This was about 8 days into my diet with absolutley 25 or less grams per day carbs. I kept up with the diet until day 12...

Then I went to Seattle drank a whole lot of vodka sodas and someone ordered a pizza to my hotel room. I fell off the wagon big time. LOL

Anyways, I know a component of how I looked was due to water loss because of the lack of carbs, but I thought I looked and felt a lot better. And to me thats whats important.

I also actually increased my cardio, and got a little bit stronger ina couple exercises at the gym. I felt like I had a wicked pump all the time. Could be because I was getting more defined, but I thi8nk my muscles actually felt different.

Anyhoo, I didnt manage any pics to share. But Im going to try this all again when I know I'm going to be in town for a few weeks to be a little more scientific about it.