PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Folk

bobyo_2001
06-26-2007, 09:49 PM
Just wondiering i am a young business man and trying to get a head in life and see what i can benifit this city with so i was seeing if i was to open and car, truck, bike performance and audio shop what kind of support would you people give such as would you use such a shop or am i dreaming high right now?

5hift
06-26-2007, 09:52 PM
I would work on forming coherent English sentences first.

Then maybe take on the business world? :dunno:

The Cosworth
06-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
I would work on forming coherent English sentences first.

Then maybe take on the business world? :dunno:

agreed,

I think that if you want to open a shop you will have to know a lot about cars, i mean a lot, there are guys on here who REALLY know their shit. They amaze me and I am not retarded.

Second you can't screw a single person over as it will show up somewhere in the threads. Even if it is a mistake go above and beyond.

GL

bobyo_2001
06-26-2007, 11:35 PM
k whatever about the english shit but ok anyways i have the knowledge that it takes and as well i know that a small mistake causes a lot of damage but hey that is what business is about going above and beyond to make sure every single customer.

LongCity
06-26-2007, 11:55 PM
You got a lot of competition. There's already 3 pretty established businesses.

jay42w8
06-27-2007, 12:38 AM
did you grow up on a farm?

hjr
06-27-2007, 01:07 AM
so ricer shop? euro shop? bike shop? turbo shop? truck shop?

Amysicle
06-27-2007, 01:38 AM
Do you have a lot of start up capital? Have you ever run a business before? Any previous experience in management?

Toms-SC
06-27-2007, 10:19 AM
The short of it:

No

JRSC00LUDE
06-27-2007, 10:24 AM
I would suggest that if you have no previous business ownership experience, a turnkey operation is the way to go unless you have some very, very, very extensive experience in the field that you want to start up in.

And even a turnkey has a big chance of going under if you don't have some very solid business sense and education (whether learned through schooling or experience but preferably both).

DepTrotter
06-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
I would suggest that if you have no previous business ownership experience, a turnkey operation is the way to go unless you have some very, very, very extensive experience in the field that you want to start up in.

And even a turnkey has a big chance of going under if you don't have some very solid business sense and education (whether learned through schooling or experience but preferably both).

not impressed with this response - i expected something witty

on to something else -

you do NOT have the knowledge it takes

and congrats on knowing that a small mistake causes a lot of damage to a business. In comparison, you once were a sperm, and now you are a big oaf, that small mistake your father made years back (proably blames beer or whiskey) turned into a big catastrophe

bobyo_2001
06-27-2007, 09:49 PM
eff off Deep throater find some where else do throw your gay ass sayings.

ercchry
06-27-2007, 10:03 PM
well first off, you should have a nicer shop car than that stang it you open a tuner shop, also if you take a drive around the city you will see a ton of shops just like your idea, and if you want to make coin, think bodyshop

if you call around to a lot of these body shops in calgary there is a pretty big wait for repair, and well i think that it will be like that for many years simply because calgary drivers are not really good at driving at all

Sharpie
06-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
well first off, you should have a nicer shop car than that stang it you open a tuner shop, also if you take a drive around the city you will see a ton of shops just like your idea, and if you want to make coin, think bodyshop

if you call around to a lot of these body shops in calgary there is a pretty big wait for repair, and well i think that it will be like that for many years simply because calgary drivers are not really good at driving at all Yeah but it isn't as easy as you think.. In order to be a successful bodyshop you have to have connections with insurance companies... Because most people will go through insurance rather than paying outta the ass to get work done.. AND to start off, you personally have to be able to do body work because you wont make any money if you have to pay someone to do the work whle you just sit there...

ercchry
06-27-2007, 10:21 PM
shit josh, thats how you make money, out sourcing, hell why would anyone hire employees if they dont make money off of them?

D'z Nutz
06-27-2007, 10:35 PM
Haha, atleast he has half an idea more than this clown:
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/180634/whats-a-good-business/

GTS Jeff
06-27-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by bobyo_2001
Deep throater

haha nice.

But seriously dude, you're a mess and you can start whatever business you want, but it won't succeed. Your english sucks, your car is nothing special, competition is stiff, AAAAND the car bidness isn't too profitable to begin with. Sorry brah.

Spoons
06-28-2007, 01:31 AM
Yeah, you deffinantly do not go into the car buisness for profit, more on the love of cars.

Also a buisness just doesn't start up fast, it isn't, "Hey, you know what I feel like starting a buisness today... lets do it!" You start small. If you look at alot of car audio, customization, etc. alot of those people started out in their garages or small garages. Look at that show Unique Whips on the Speed Channel. That guy started out making sub boxes on the floor of his garage. It isn't an overnight thing. It requires ALOT of hard work, and alot of money that you might not see again.

It was also said about a shop ride. That is deffinantly a big thing. You need to have a pretty nice ride before you can start a shop, because your ride is a direct reflection on yourself, and the quality of work you will do. If they see your stang, and it isn't anything special, they arn't going to think your work will be anything speical. Look at the cars some of the guys from tunerworks drive, especially one of the guy's WRX! :drool:

You said before, fuck the english? I can tell ya what buddy if you can't speak it or type it very well, you're not going very far.

Toms-SC
06-28-2007, 06:46 AM
fail

bobyo_2001
06-28-2007, 09:04 AM
Ok, here is the thing ok when i am on the net like beyond i do not try my hardest to type or speak seamless english. So that idea of not being able to run a business because i can type was just shot to shit... Next the capital that i have to invest in a business is more than enough to start three or four small ones. This is why i have thought about just going to the broad of things and opening a big shop. Next the accounts that I do have already would assure that i have the knowledge and skills to do pretty much anything one could want. Also I fail to see how the car that i drive can affect the total outcome of a business... Hmmm seems like a pretty dumb ass thing to say if you ask me. Now as far as my skills and abilities i have two guys under me that have the same if not more knowledge than me and for me to tell you that i have consulted for some large companies to do interior work and exterior detailing and air brushing your most likely to just say "whatever he's just saying that to sound bigger than he is" so i tell you that i have and it is your choice to believe or not to believe me. So for you people that think "my car affects my business, and that my english affects my business" then take a flying leap cause your wrong none of that shit matters and nor should it. :)

Mr. Burns
06-28-2007, 09:23 AM
Ok, here is the thing ok when i am on the net like beyond i do not try my hardest to type or speak seamless english. So that idea of not being able to run a business because i can type was just shot to shit...

I don't know how you can possibly expect people to take you seriously with an attitude like that.

EDIT: What Im trying to say is that nobody here knows you. All we have to judge you by is the posts that you make. Based on that we have to assume that the half-assed approach you take to posting is indicative of how you will approach everything else. If that is the case then your business is doomed to fail.

tictactoe2004
06-28-2007, 10:05 AM
So for you people that think "my car affects my business, and that my english affects my business" then take a flying leap cause your wrong none of that shit matters and nor should it. :)

I'm sure you're right and everyone else on this forum is wrong.. it's not like anyone here knows what they're talking about. :rolleyes:

bobyo_2001
06-28-2007, 11:24 AM
Ok, well i guess you should all open your own shops and use all your guys knowledge of business to do as well as you think i will...

5hift
06-28-2007, 11:50 AM
If you know what it takes and have capital and brains, why are you asking strangers over the internet for help?

JRSC00LUDE
06-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Ok, well i guess you should all open your own shops and use all your guys knowledge of business to do as well as you think i will...

What went wrong with this thread is that you posted a relatively vague question with incomplete information and expected serious responses.

Some of us did attempt to answer you seriously and some didn't. You cannot expect too many serious responses when you don't take asking the question seriously. By that I do mean using coherent english and including all the relevant info. in a well thought out manner prior to getting flamed by people. You may indeed be exceedingly qualified to enter into this venture (we don't know) but you didn't portray yourself that way in the initial post.

I realize this is a casual forum but you wouldn't walk into a bank to talk about a business loan with that unpolished, incomplete proposal and lackadaisical attitude right? Presumably you aren't asking for the advice of snot-nosed teenagers here but more from the intelligent and mature crowd right? Well, the intelligent crowd expects an intelligent, well laid out question.

I mean this in a helpful way, not as an asshole.

canadianskyline
06-28-2007, 12:01 PM
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1165/failuw7.gif

jdmXSI
06-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Any one remember R-Tunned? lol

Mind you he's finally kinda gettin' his shit together though!

Mangina
06-28-2007, 12:10 PM
LOL

LuxCars
06-28-2007, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by canadianskyline
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1165/failuw7.gif

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But seriously, you say that you do not put effort into "properly speaking/typing english on the net". You shouldn't have to put effort, it should be an effortless action. There is no need for you to examine your posts as if you were reviewing an essay.

The only thing i have to say is do your research. Like everyone said, it doesn't just start up all of a sudden. And if you are not willing to take opinions that you asked for, then its very likely that you are hard headed and theres a good chance that people will not be able to tolerate you and in return will not offer assistance with your business.

either way, good luck.

alloroc
06-28-2007, 12:52 PM
k whatever about the english shit but ok anyways i have the knowledge that it takes and as well i know that a small mistake causes a lot of damage but hey that is what business is about going above and beyond to make sure every single customer.

eff off Deep throater find some where else do throw your gay ass sayings.

Erm I would never ever buy from someone who treats potential customers this way.

If I was you I would find another city. Your reputation is already ruined here.

bobyo_2001
06-28-2007, 01:21 PM
alrighty then

GTS Jeff
06-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Ok, so since you're being a donkey, I'm gonna come right out and say it.

Your car sucks man.

Primer_Drift
06-28-2007, 05:09 PM
Man I was just about to start a thread titled "Calgary peeps" .. good thing I read this one first. :cry:

mekeni
06-29-2007, 04:49 PM
lmao @ this thread

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

bosanel
06-30-2007, 10:59 PM
Save that cash, buy a house for interest, hmm... Lease a stand at the mall and sell car accessories <key chains, stickets, neon lights, etc> i mean lots of stuff works but theres only 30% chance of you succeeding and actually making profit, cuz unless you have experience it's pretty hard, my parents tried a restaurant, you gotta know how to compete :P they failed basly :( In my opinion like that guy above said, save your cash, buy something where you won't lose, until you figure out what you want to do, cuz liking cars and KNOWING cars are two totally different things... I like cars, but I call my buddy every day asking "how this how that"
hell if you really want, go spend 4 grand for the realty course, sell houses, easy money and a good way to learn about the business stuff...

Anel