PDA

View Full Version : FUCK! There goes my summer!

R-Audi
06-19-2003, 01:29 PM
I recently (on Tuesday night) strained my MCL-inner muscle on my left knee- and my summer could be wrecked. I teach waterskiing/wakebaording all summer, and compete, so that is pretty much over, and one of the worst things, I don't think that I can drive standard! Noooooooooo! You Bastard! I finally get everything done (not quite everything) and now I dont think I can drive it for a while.
Goddamnsonofabitch!~:thumbsdow
Anyways, just venting

B17a
06-19-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
I recently (on Tuesday night) strained my MCL-inner muscle on my left knee- and my summer could be wrecked. I teach waterskiing/wakebaording all summer, and compete, so that is pretty much over, and one of the worst things, I don't think that I can drive standard! Noooooooooo! You Bastard! I finally get everything done (not quite everything) and now I dont think I can drive it for a while.
Goddamnsonofabitch!~:thumbsdow
Anyways, just venting

Been there done that, actually I tore my PCL, be thankful you only strained it, there's hope yet. For me, artificial knee, here I come!!

ninjak84
06-20-2003, 12:06 PM
That's the shittiest thing that could have happened man!
I can't believe you can't drive, work, or compete at all.....

Let me know how it goes! Get well soon bro!!

guitardemon
06-20-2003, 12:11 PM
are you still gonna be out in b.c. at the shop, i'm stioll looking fer a new board:thumbsup: if not then i'll talk to mike.

preludeSR
06-20-2003, 12:45 PM
i dislocated my knee and strained my LCL or sumthing like that and they said i would be on crutches for a month......but i was only on them for a week and a half......with physiotherapy i was driving in 2 weeks and was okayed by my doctor that i was fine after 3 weeks............
but ill sell u my knee brace if you need one pm me

RC-Cola
06-20-2003, 01:12 PM
I wouldn't sweat it too much... I "blew" my knee out snow skiing two years ago and was told that I wouldn't be able to walk for two to three months and I could forget about running or water skiing that summer. I tore my MCL and was told I would need an operation.

I was walking in three weeks, running in two months and I skied all summer long. Oh and I never had an operation. Good luck, and don't let it sit too long or the muscle will all go to shit.

Outlaw5.0
06-20-2003, 02:39 PM
Just think positive, you never know waht can happen with a little bit of work. :thumbsup:

James
06-20-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Outlaw5.0
Just think positive, you never know waht can happen with a little bit of work. :thumbsup:

:werd:, hope you get well soon.

If you feel your car is having withdrawl and need anyone to Drive it like a madman while your out of commision, let me know!:burnout: :D

Kamen
06-20-2003, 11:04 PM
I work for Coca-Cola man. It's all a big shit show; it just keeps getting worse.
Ouch! Anyways, hope you get better soon man! Not being able to do stuff...that's gonna drive ya nuts hehe

silverEL
06-21-2003, 12:44 AM
cant drive stick?? maybe you should pass her down to little brother :drool: :drool: :thumbsup:

itsnotaDUB
06-21-2003, 03:52 AM
my ex tore her acl and miniscus sp?, and had to get sergury, its a long hard road but in the end it all pays off, sorry to hear your luck...