PDA

View Full Version : Live Free Die Hard *Possible Spoilers*

beecue
06-27-2007, 03:58 PM
anyone watch it yet? .. best movie of the summer so far for me .. funny and lots of action .. his daughter is kinda hot too :thumbsup:

l/l/rX
06-27-2007, 04:00 PM
i think ill go watch this tonight, since i have nothing better to do, either than to study for my final tomorrow, but meh. haha

thanks for the quick review!

Hakkola
06-27-2007, 04:05 PM
It is out already?

l/l/rX
06-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
It is out already?

i think it just came out today, as i just saw it in todays entertainment section...3.5/5 is what the herald rated it.

JRSC00LUDE
06-27-2007, 04:12 PM
You know that it can't possibly be bad. Those movies are great, you go for laughs and action and you get it in spades! Looking forward to it.

BerserkerCatSplat
06-27-2007, 08:32 PM
I'll go see it on Monday, looks pretty good.

mdeluxe
06-27-2007, 08:39 PM
cant wait to see it

Foreign1
06-28-2007, 01:25 AM
Just got home from the 10:30 show at chinook.... FUCKING AWESOME!!!

Lets just say, Officer John Mclean, is hardcore.

beecue
06-29-2007, 12:12 AM
are there any theatres that are cheaper on tuesdays in calgary? .. i was talking to my friend who lives in ottawa and its only $4.25 there on tuesdays :eek: ... that would be awesome

asp integra
06-29-2007, 12:36 AM
wow, awesome movie! thats all i can say!

Newmz
06-29-2007, 12:38 AM
I went to see it!!! ... but it was sold out :-(

HybridTheory
06-29-2007, 04:58 PM
This movie is awesome! The only other action movie that I liked better was 300. Good action scenes and I loved the part when he was fighting the asian chick. Lots of good one liners for laughs.

Yipee kai yay :thumbsup:

2BLUE
06-29-2007, 05:07 PM
I went and saw it last night it was great! :bigpimp:

Hakkola
06-29-2007, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by beecue
are there any theatres that are cheaper on tuesdays in calgary? .. i was talking to my friend who lives in ottawa and its only $4.25 there on tuesdays :eek: ... that would be awesome

No. I believe they lowered the price slightly across the board and removed cheap tuesdays at all the big theaters in Calgary.

shakalaka
06-29-2007, 07:04 PM
I just got back from it, I thought it wasn't too bad. Lots of amazing action and decent laughs through out. Pretty much what you expect when you go watch an Action movie, and direction was done quite well.

beecue
06-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

No. I believe they lowered the price slightly across the board and removed cheap tuesdays at all the big theaters in Calgary.

that sucks ... w/e not going to stop me from going lol .. transformers on monday :D

Hakkola
06-30-2007, 01:17 AM
Saw the movie, was very entertaining, but I'm not sure if it was called, "Live Free or Die hard" or True Lies, Try Harder."

Spoilers:

Guy who plays bad guy in True Lies = Good guy in Die Hard
Daughter hates dad = check
Daughter kidnapped = check
Harrier = well, this time they used an F-35, so, check
Terrorists = check
Hero tries to fly something and makes little boo-boo = check

Awsome movie that built on true lies, it was really good, but it felt like I had seen the movie before.

V6-BoI
06-30-2007, 02:22 AM
Looks like it would be a pretty killer movie. Only thing I'm wondering is since it's only rated 14A, are the action scenes a bit more toned down? Cuz I figure this would be a rated R movie for sure, with a crap load of violence and swears. But seeing people's posts it seems good regardless.

Audio_Rookie
06-30-2007, 02:34 AM
Seems to me over the years the ratings have been given more and more slack.

14A Just means no full nudity now adays....which might suck as some say the daughter is pretty hot.

I am gonna go see this this weekend i think.

shakalaka
06-30-2007, 10:22 AM
hahah There is no nudity whatsoever. Not that many swears that I can remember either. Just loads of action.

403Gemini
06-30-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by V6-BoI
Looks like it would be a pretty killer movie. Only thing I'm wondering is since it's only rated 14A, are the action scenes a bit more toned down? Cuz I figure this would be a rated R movie for sure, with a crap load of violence and swears. But seeing people's posts it seems good regardless.

I watched a horror movie special last night, and it had a small interview with bruce campbell and another small interview with eli roth, both stated that movie makers realized that if they make a movie for "14A" rather than "R" they stand a better chance of scoring a profit of over 20 million... so sadly the era of REAL horror movies and REAL action movies is gone because people want money.

V6-BoI
06-30-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

I watched a horror movie special last night, and it had a small interview with bruce campbell and another small interview with eli roth, both stated that movie makers realized that if they make a movie for "14A" rather than "R" they stand a better chance of scoring a profit of over 20 million... so sadly the era of REAL horror movies and REAL action movies is gone because people want money.

Oh yeah? Heh that's interesting to hear. I guess it shows that younger audiences have a pretty big impact at the box offices.

Hah and it's too bad it's only 14A as well, the chick that plays Bruce Willis' daughter looked pretty fine on the trailer :poosie: :poosie:

no_joke
06-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Link to pics:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0935541/

Dayclone
07-01-2007, 01:14 AM
Just got back from watching the movie.

OMG guys you HAVE TO WATCH!!! Best movie ever I must say. It definitely made a great kick-start to my summer. A lot of actions and a crap load of halarious things. Made the audience laugh a lot. I loved it, and just the perfect movie loads of actions, and not to include a smokin hot asian with a car rammed up her ass lol haha laughed at that part!

Well enjoy everyone just my cup of tea.

BerserkerCatSplat
07-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Fucking badass movie, so much action and hilarity! So many good one-liners, though the truck/plane scene seemed to be "jumping the shark" a bit.

mdeluxe
07-03-2007, 01:07 AM
just got home from it, so good! Bruce has some good one-liners

Canmorite
07-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Saw it last night at Chinook. Really good.

One question though, would all that 'hacking' the terrorists did actually be possible? A firesale?

You know, for future plans...jk :poosie: