PDA

View Full Version : wheel bearings question

l/l/rX
06-27-2007, 05:11 PM
ok well as some of you know im going to vancouver this weekend with some friends.
the guys car that we're taking up, apparently needs the wheel bearing (one of them) to be replaced.

is this such a big deal? can we drive up to Van in his car anyways?

i tried doing a search before making this thread.

thanks.

5hift
06-27-2007, 05:14 PM
Faulty wheel bearing + winding mountain roads ... I dunno man I wouldnt do it. If he's been driving around on it for a bit and hasnt bothered replacing it, who knows what else is wrong with his car as well.

rc2002
06-27-2007, 05:36 PM
It'll get annoying as hell if you try to drive it. It'll get louder and louder as you drive.

I wouldn't take the chance. For such a long trip, the wheel bearing could heat up to the point where it'd be dangerous.

l/l/rX
06-27-2007, 07:30 PM
k k thanks for your input guys! time to find a new ride down there.

Supa Dexta
06-27-2007, 09:57 PM
a bad wheel bearing will get hot as fawk too, which in turn will make it worse and worse pretty quick.. bad idea to drive to van..

l/l/rX
06-27-2007, 10:03 PM
LOL fuck...we wanted to drive something a little bit in style...now i think we're stuck driving my mini van, theres no way in hell im taking my wrx up there...

my friends suv is in edmonton...my other friend has a crx...so ya shit. HAHA

mini van pimpin up in vancouver!!!

GQBalla
06-27-2007, 10:35 PM
yeo the sienna is bawlin man...

Team_Mclaren
06-27-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
LOL fuck...we wanted to drive something a little bit in style...now i think we're stuck driving my mini van, theres no way in hell im taking my wrx up there...

my friends suv is in edmonton...my other friend has a crx...so ya shit. HAHA

mini van pimpin up in vancouver!!!

why not the WRX? does it suck THAT much on the highway?

GQBalla
06-27-2007, 10:55 PM
ahaha tha WRX is next time in van when we go in august? *WINK* * WINK * jarett

l/l/rX
06-27-2007, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

why not the WRX? does it suck THAT much on the highway?

i dont get it...is there a joke to this? HAHAHA

thats just waaaaaaaay to much mileage, 2 trips to van in the summer...ya...no...pass, and plush our struts are being installed this wknd! YAY!

Team_Mclaren
06-28-2007, 01:23 AM
no that was an honest question.. lol

l/l/rX
06-28-2007, 01:28 AM
no that was an honest question.. lol

it doesnt suck at all on highway dood =P

i should be getting it tuned sometime next week. YAY!

Team_Mclaren
06-28-2007, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

it doesnt suck at all on highway dood =P

i should be getting it tuned sometime next week. YAY!

whos tuning?

cars are meant to be driven, cept for a rotary.

l/l/rX
06-28-2007, 01:37 AM

whos tuning?

cars are meant to be driven, cept for a rotary.

HAHAHA id rather drive my friends car with the fked up wheel bearing to vancouver rather than your rotary!!!

this guy who tuned my friends car, he said he did a really good job on smoothing out the power curve, along with the reliability.

Team_Mclaren
06-28-2007, 01:39 AM
rotarys are meant to be raced;)

oh ok, whats the mod list again, are you going up to edm for the 4wheel dyno or just street tune? i might go pickup a wrx later this summer as a winter car, are those things fast? lol

l/l/rX
06-28-2007, 01:43 AM
rotarys are meant to be raced;)

oh ok, whats the mod list again, are you going up to edm for the 4wheel dyno or just street tune? i might go pickup a wrx later this summer as a winter car, are those things fast? lol

even when racing they still poop out =P

mod list is small:

stg 2, up pipe, down pipe, catback (engine) also have lightened flywheel and stg 1 clutch awaiting to be installed.
i may switch out my downpipe soon for a different one.
its going to be a street tune.

ill take you for a rip in our car one day and ill let you be the judge =) ill even de-tune it down to ALMOST stock and see what you think.

personally i love it. feels great.

Team_Mclaren
06-28-2007, 01:46 AM
interesting, what are you using for the tune? What do they usually run on the 1/4 do u know? i just want a car faster than yours;) cept for the rotary of course, that thing will always be faster, when it runs.:rofl:

l/l/rX
06-28-2007, 01:56 AM
interesting, what are you using for the tune? What do they usually run on the 1/4 do u know? i just want a car faster than yours;) cept for the rotary of course, that thing will always be faster, when it runs.:rofl:

i dont remember what the name of the program was, something you just d/l from the internet, its the cable that you have to buy, which is like $100 or something.
i THINK its like 15.2 stock in a 1/4mile.