PDA

View Full Version : At home lifting crane

tsuga
06-28-2007, 01:54 AM
Im not sure if this is the right place to post this so if it is sorry mods.

I was thinking of putting a little crane in my garage you no to do some engine swaps and stuff.

and i was just woundering could that be done?

mind you its a regular 2 car attached garage.

any advise is welcome
no critisim please and thank you. :thumbsup:

Supa Dexta
06-28-2007, 03:19 AM
Of course it can be done if you have the room... head down to home depot and grab up as many 2x4's as you think you'll need, some nails.. do you have a hammer already? ok I know you said no criticism.

but yeah it can be done if you have the room, Im sure theres plans online for something, then you'll needa source the materials and someone to throw it together for you, weld it all safely and bolt it to the floor I'd imagine.. Do you need a full out crane or would just an engine hoist suffice? save a lot of space...

http://www.bargainjims.com/Images/Products/enginecombo.jpg

A small crane of sorts would be simple enough, esp if you didnt need it motorized, just get chain blocks to lift with and then a frame built in there to hang it off of... princess auto would be a help for some stuff..

Audio_Rookie
06-28-2007, 03:24 AM
I was thinking the same thing today...

I little JIB crane....to swing around...easier than using a hoist all the time...and would be very handy.

Benny
06-28-2007, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
A small crane of sorts would be simple enough, esp if you didnt need it motorized, just get chain blocks to lift with and then a frame built in there to hang it off of... princess auto would be a help for some stuff..

My buddy was looking to buy a truck once. One truck he was looking at had a new engine with only like 4000km on it. The reason for this new engine? Well, the previous owner had been wanting to fix up the old engine, so he hoisted that bitch out with a crane and put it on a Princess Auto stand. As it turns out, the stand broke and the engine fell, thus fucking it up. In the end Princess Auto bought him a complete engine rebuild at any shop he wanted.

Cheap shit at Princess Auto.

Supa Dexta
06-28-2007, 05:28 AM
ha.. I didnt mean a stand from there, I meant parts for the crane.. chain/ chain blocks.. etc.. but yeah, def cheap junk there too..

legendboy
06-28-2007, 08:18 AM
I have thought about mounting an electric winch on the celing of my garage, one of thoes things i will never get around to doing lol