PDA

View Full Version : Back the Blue Stickers

Whitie_Bear
06-28-2007, 01:18 PM
Hey guys,

This may sound funny or opposite of what everyone thinks about cops but...i have family members who have been cops and i wanted to get a back the blue sticker to support the police force (even though sometimes they piss me off lol) just wondering, how in the hell does everyone in calgary with those bumper stickers get em? I want one!

KRyn
06-28-2007, 01:22 PM
Maybe try a cop station, but that seems to obvious...

T78Supra1
06-28-2007, 01:47 PM
Not sure if this is true but i thought these stickers were only available to Cops and there families.

I have heard rumors of people getting off (from Speeding) with these stickers

alloroc
06-28-2007, 02:02 PM
I think we need a new batch of pretty blue and white Beyond stickers, and saturate the city with them to change the meaning of the original.

Beyond.ca
Back the blue

eb0i
06-28-2007, 02:18 PM
Are you going to put it on your car in hopes that cops will be more lenient with you when they observe you breaking the law?

JRSC00LUDE
06-28-2007, 02:21 PM
POST ELIMINATED AFTER EBOI MADE ME SEE THE LIGHT!!!! :rofl:

eb0i
06-28-2007, 02:26 PM
^Why not ask these "family members" then?

eb0i
06-28-2007, 02:31 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=174903

Originally posted by Whitie_Bear
Ok, so today is my first time ever receiving a following too close ticket? Didnt even know there was a ticket like that

im not going to get into a rant or rave because it will solve nothing, but i am here to seek more information.

This morning i was on my way to work in rushhour (as you know rush hour is bumper to bumper) and i guess a cop had been following me since my house to deerfoot (pretty much a 8 minute drive) then he finally pulls me over and to tell you the truth i was very surprised because i had been very dilagent in signalling and not speeding etc.

Oh and did i mention im right hand drive, i know the car is going to draw police attention but didnt think it would actually get me tickets for just driving how i beleive is daily driving to work

anyways so he says i was too close on someones bumper and that i have poor driving habits which i dont agree with but of course....anyways i got a ticket under the Use of highway & rules of the road Reg. Sec# 18 sub section (1) ---- follow too close

Now heres my questions
1st nice day out no rain, good and sunny, so right there you should be able to follow closer if you wanted
2nd never speeded or else i wouldve gotten that ticket, but was driving maybe 60 km/h on a 80 km/h road if that (you know how traffic is getting onto deerfoot at 7:45 in the morning)
3rd was keeping space from other cars because whats the sense in tailgating, im not going to get anywhere faster
4th Is this regulation not more intended towards the highway and semi-trucks? i was following a SUV

anyways, i assume this reg is valid on beddington blvd. as it is a road, but how can there be a police judgement call like this that i have no way to fight....i know he was following me just thinking of a ticket he could give me as i was signalling and everything,... and why did it take 8 mins to pull me over, is this valid in rush hour i mean if following to close is a fine, everyone on deerfoot at 5pm should be getting tickets. Theres no indicated distance that i was following to close or no guidelines in the regulation so pretty much if i was a km behind a car (literally) but the cop thinks im to close to the other car i can get a ticket and have no chance of fighting? Yes i know i wasnt a km back but i definetly wasnt on the persons arse....i dont need to be, plus i dont want to bang up my intercooler

long story short i cant think of a time in rush hour that i was driving closer then any other driver out there? I know what most people are going to say and thats "well you were driving to close" but what if i wasnt ? which i was how do i fight a ticket which is all police officer judgement? Does he have to state my speed and how close i was following

Im just frustrated because i thought it was innocent until proven guilty.... hows he going to prove me guilty? no measurements, thats why i think its because of my right hand drive 180sx and not the driving at all...I know cops dont like us and i understand theres a bunch of idiots drifting around on the streets ruining our reputation, but thats not me, why would i rush to get to work? So crazy

anyways any constructive help would be appreciated on how to approach this...thanks guys (going to get full disclosure on the ticket to see what the cops notes are)

I just wish that i wouldnt get pulled over for driving a car i love, its too bad because i really do appreciate the hard work CPS does for the city but its soo hard to support them when i get stuck with tickets like this

someone get me a back the blue sticker so i can stop getting pulled over!!!!

oh and just fyi, i am the guy who a year ago got a muffler ticket for the muffler being too large.... again another police judgement ticket (bought a magnaflow street series muffler), and i fought it, took it to court myself and won...ticket was thrown out so dont tell me that its my driving and not my car because i know what the real reason is

Xtrema
06-28-2007, 02:46 PM
:rofl:

Euro_Trash
06-28-2007, 02:56 PM
Oooh busted

PINOY-X
06-28-2007, 02:56 PM
ahahaha WTH?????:rofl: :rofl:

slammed_cb7
06-28-2007, 03:00 PM
:rofl: way to go eb0i:thumbsup:

JRSC00LUDE
06-28-2007, 03:02 PM
Above post duly edited! :clap:

Dj_Stylz
06-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Pwned

BerserkerCatSplat
06-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Fucking owned! :rofl:

silver_gs-R
06-28-2007, 09:32 PM
:rofl: HaHaHa!!!

95EagleAWD
06-28-2007, 10:16 PM
:eek:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Whitie_Bear
06-29-2007, 11:16 AM
see you know why i didnt bring that up eboi is because this will now become a bash whitie_bear thread about how he breaks the law and gets what he deserves....well you dont know the situations, you dont know what happened and i dont want to discuss it anymore with the dicks on this site

the only thing i asked in the post was...where to get one, if you dont have a answear for this post but want to bash on the other go do it there

YES I WANT TO GET THE COPS OFF MY BACK, SOMETHING TO HELP TAKE SOME HEAT OF MY HEATY ASS CAR CUZ IM ALWAYS GOING TO DRIVE IT

Am i not allowed to support the police now? Am i supposed to hate them cuz they give me bs tickets, hell i get some tickets i deserve like speeding and lane changes and you know what i pay those, i dont gripe here about them...the only ones i gripe about here are the bullshit ones...and if you say anything about cops dont give bullshit tickets...maybe you should pull up my other thread about my muffler ticket and how i won that in a trial and got to say

HAHAH MOTHER FUCKERS I TOLD YOU I WAS RIGHT, I TOLD YOU HE WAS BEING A DICK AND GAVE ME A BS TICKET

and when i finally get the chance to fight the above mentioned one...im making a post just for you to say HAHAHAHAHAH EBOI, and if i lose well illown up and wont be so happy but either or answer the posts fucking question or dont even bother cuz all you do is get me pissed off and turn this thread into another i hate the cops vs your breaking the law thread

Whitie_Bear
06-29-2007, 11:25 AM
i support what cops do, i really do i think there the unsung hero's, but theres always a few bad apples in the bunch

whats wrong with supporting cops, like i said i have family members who were cops (RCMP and cops in ontario) and i hate it when all they get is shit, its a hard ass job and i want to let them know not everyone in a lowered car with rims hates cops and likes to drift in residential roads...im not one of those assholes who ruins the RHD JDM name for us, and i wish i could blow up all the dicks who give us that reputation, just because i want a rare fast car doesnt mean i should have to get a ford mustang, i love JDM, i am a engineer so i can appreciate the japanese way of thinking....efficiency ,,, not the american hot rod way of mind of HUGE ENGINE TONS OF GAS IT GO FAST

I want my JDM car, but i dont want to draw these bs tickets because of it, you should be able to drive whatever the hell you want... i wouldnt even get a look from a cop if i was in a dodge charger srt-8, but i sure will in my 180sx and thats just wrong

oh and i dont know what beyond does with old archaic posts because my muffler ticket post isnt on here anymore (was about 2 years ago posted) but ...i want to stop shit like this from happening and i think a back the blue sticker would help

so again, do you know where to get one?

Whitie_Bear
06-29-2007, 11:29 AM
AHA, I FOUND IT

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/33587/laws-for-muffler/

damn reading that makes me soooo happy. i remember that whole situation....there is nothing sweeter then having a judge take your side and knowing that the cop is wrong

Id take that feeling over drugs anyday

Super_Geo
06-29-2007, 11:31 AM
You're fuckin hillarious.

Whitie_Bear
06-29-2007, 11:38 AM
lol, thanks

i didnt want this thread to turn into this, thats why i made a seperate one, and with one stupid reply its back to me trying to defend myself thread

all i want to know is how to get the damn sticker, Is that so hard to ask, its a very simple question, but then someone has to turn it into a bash thread... i dont get this board

PINOY-X
06-29-2007, 11:40 AM
sweater? you mean sweeter? ahahha :rofl: sorry had too

Whitie_Bear
06-29-2007, 11:48 AM
damn you,,, problem solved hahahah you would think im fresh off the boat with my lazy typing

JRSC00LUDE
06-29-2007, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Whitie_Bear
damn you,,, problem solved hahahah you would think im fresh off the boat with my lazy typing

Or maybe just trying to start a new car related business in Calgary and looking for advice......:D

abyss
06-29-2007, 12:54 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: at this thread!!!

DayGlow
06-29-2007, 06:26 PM
don't worry, we understand, you got racing brakes so they are all BS tickets.

You want to know the easy way of getting the heat off of your ass? Drive like a normal person and they won't bother you. Thousands do a day and live their life to the fullest.

If you are getting a lot of attention and 'BS' tickets my suggestion is not look at your car, but what is in it instead.

Hakkola
06-29-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow

If you are getting a lot of attention and 'BS' tickets my suggestion is not look at your car, but what is in it instead.

In this case I agree with you, but are you insinuating that cops are never wrong, and never give out bullshit tickets? I'll disagree with you, in fact I'm going to fight one next week, which I'm 100% sure I'll be found not guilty, I'll let you know how it goes. :thumbsup:

DayGlow
06-29-2007, 09:02 PM
No, I agree there are BS tickets, I've gotten one driving back to the parent's place in BC.

My point is that in a city of a million people your chances of a random encounter with a cop and getting a BS ticket is very small. Can happen, but on a very limited basis. If you are being constantly 'harrassed' my suggestion is that you are doing something to draw attention to you.

Hemi RT
06-29-2007, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by alloroc
I think we need a new batch of pretty blue and white Beyond stickers, and saturate the city with them to change the meaning of the original.

Beyond.ca
Back the blue

OK, Draw up what you want, the size you want, get approval from beyond - in writing, and PM them to me, File is best as a .EPS file and I'll print them off on vinyl for free as long as they are to be given away or if a charge all the funds donated to a charity. Let me know

Jim
J&A Graphics

GoChris
06-29-2007, 09:28 PM
^^ id put one on lol

BerserkerCatSplat
06-29-2007, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Hemi RT

OK, Draw up what you want, the size you want, get approval from beyond - in writing, and PM them to me, File is best as a .EPS file and I'll print them off on vinyl for free as long as they are to be given away or if a charge all the funds donated to a charity. Let me know

Jim
J&A Graphics

As much as I appreciate your offer, I think an overt attempt to steal or "change the meaning of" the "Back the Blue" slogan would be rather taseless.

Hemi RT
06-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

As much as I appreciate your offer, I think an overt attempt to steal or "change the meaning of" the "Back the Blue" slogan would be rather tasteless.

I wasn't inferring to change the meaning of "Back To Blue" or inferring any disrespect. What I was suggesting is printing a new beyond.ca sticker. I guess everyone always thinks/infers the worst. It was a legitimate offer to do Beyond.ca stickers but I guess no one is interested in having an actual Beyond.ca sticker for free or a donation to a charity from Beyond.ca

Jim
J&A Graphics

Toms-SC
06-29-2007, 11:34 PM
and you are a very bad person

Hakkola
06-30-2007, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by DayGlow
No, I agree there are BS tickets, I've gotten one driving back to the parent's place in BC.

My point is that in a city of a million people your chances of a random encounter with a cop and getting a BS ticket is very small. Can happen, but on a very limited basis. If you are being constantly 'harrassed' my suggestion is that you are doing something to draw attention to you.

Fair enough. :thumbsup:

Jay911
06-30-2007, 05:35 AM
http://www.jay911.org/images/fun/noticket.jpg

BerserkerCatSplat
06-30-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Hemi RT

I wasn't inferring to change the meaning of "Back To Blue" or inferring any disrespect. What I was suggesting is printing a new beyond.ca sticker. I guess everyone always thinks/infers the worst. It was a legitimate offer to do Beyond.ca stickers but I guess no one is interested in having an actual Beyond.ca sticker for free or a donation to a charity from Beyond.ca

Jim
J&A Graphics

It's not you who was suggesting we flood the city with them to change the meaning, it was the person you quoted when you made your suggestion. Your sticker-making offer is an excellent one, but I would say that using the "Back the Blue" slogan, as originally suggested, would probably draw the CPS's ire.