PDA

View Full Version : Problem with work cell voice mail

schurchill39
06-29-2007, 05:11 PM
So I got a cell from work today but becasue they are cheep asses I just got some guy's old cell who quit. What ever no big deal because I dont pay for it at all.

Now what I am having a problem with is that the guy who had it before changed the password for the voice mail; its not the last four digits of the cell number. I have tried a few other combinations but I cant figure it out.

They sent out an email to the head office to try and figure this shit out but they said they wont have an answer for me until wednesday.

Is there anyway to change the password or reset it without knowing what it currently is?

EDIT: Its a kyocera on the telus network

KK07
06-29-2007, 05:18 PM
Get whoever signed up for the accounts to call TELUS. As long as they can verify the security PIN on the account and their name is in the contact name field, the rep can just reset the voicemail password right away.

schurchill39
06-29-2007, 05:30 PM
No one is in the office until tuesday though... is there anything I can do myself?

KK07
06-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Do you know who set up the account? If you can get a hold of the PIN then you might be able to do something. They're going to want to speak to the person in the contact name field but you might get an inexperienced rep and if you give them that PIN they might reset the voicemail password for you.

schurchill39
06-30-2007, 12:26 AM
Thanks, I did a little social engineering and with your advice I got it reset. I just told them where the head office was and the company owner.

Thanks for the help!:closed: