PDA

View Full Version : Scratches!

LongCity
06-30-2007, 01:28 AM
Has anyone had any experiences with Nu Finish's Scratch Doctor, if so can you tell me how well the stuff works on a relatively deep scratch?!

LongCity
06-30-2007, 12:27 PM
INPUT!

sneek
07-08-2007, 08:43 PM
:P I missed this because I have been busy lately, but I doubt it will work. How deep is it? Is the scratch white looking? If you were to run your nail across the paint does it click when you pass over the scratch?

If it makes a click then nothing can really repair it, if not you might have a change. Scratch DR. isn't really that good, their commercial helps them sell thousands of tubes but they only remove a minor paint transfer from the car :banghead:.

l8braker
07-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Depends how deep it is. I've had good success with very minor scratches.

LongCity
07-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Yah it's white. Is Meguire's any better? I'm just looking for a protective coat over the scratch.

sneek
07-08-2007, 09:02 PM
If the scratch is white then it is only through the clear, it has not gone through the base coat or primer (unless your primer is white). I think that Meguiar's might be able to reduce it, but without seeing it I can't tell you. Try the nail thing and get back to me. If you are just looking for a protective coating you could try a spray wax, Eagle one makes a couple of decent products. The nice thing about a spray wax is it won't look like an eye sore if it is deep. In a deep scratch conventional liquid and paste waxes can get caught in there leaving unsightly scratch even more obvious.