PDA

View Full Version : question on getting a ticket.

mard
06-30-2007, 06:27 PM
lets say you see a radar police up ahead to whatever road your on. Your going 3kms over the speed limit while the person in front of youwho is like 4kmsahead from you is going 8kms faster. But that person dont get pulled over and you do.

So once you pulled aside to where the police was parked.
police says "I pulled you over for speeding"
but you clearly know you weren't
after the chit chat he comes back and gives you multiple tickets.

1)insurance just expired that day (fail to produce insurance)
2)exhaust was widend

Are there other ways you can get out of this ticket.

I just wanna know what you guys think of this little story and If it has happend to you where you get pulled over but they dont give you a ticket, instead give you other ones beside the reason why they pull you over.

(sorry i dont speak/type good english)

Daan
06-30-2007, 06:34 PM
it happened / you take him to court
waste of time / money on your side, but you get away with cheaper insurance as it's likely you got points

hwo much was the "fail to produce insurance" ticket ?

4bier
06-30-2007, 06:36 PM
its the norm my uncle just stop in from ontario
traded in his gti for a volvo 1 more demerit and he would have lost his license he looks 55ishhe said that thing was a little cop magnet 1 year for him 0 tickets

mard
06-30-2007, 06:45 PM
im pretty sure the ticket was around 200 I cant recall this happend like 2 years ago.... but the police did look young....

I was just driving a friend of mine home and she knew I was not speeding one bit cause i can see the mfrom far far away. Even though it was night. but whatever, it just seems like i get bad luck driving my car around.

Jay911
06-30-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by mard
lets say you see a radar police up ahead to whatever road your on. Your going 3kms over the speed limit while the person in front of youwho is like 4kmsahead from you is going 8kms faster. But that person dont get pulled over and you do.

So once you pulled aside to where the police was parked.
police says "I pulled you over for speeding"

Uh, what?

gofastmerc
06-30-2007, 06:55 PM
I love these threads....

urban.one
07-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Always fight tickets. You can reduce or elimate the points, and reduce the fine.

Its not a valid arguement that everyone else was speeding and you were the only one stopped. Take the fartcan off your car and you wont be a heat score and nuissance to the public.

FreakinPrince
07-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by urban.one
Always fight tickets. You can reduce or elimate the points, and reduce the fine.

Its not a valid arguement that everyone else was speeding and you were the only one stopped. Take the fartcan off your car and you wont be a heat score and nuissance to the public.

reduce or elimiate points are not possible any more..however reducing fine is still possible!!!

you have witness but i don't know how that will work....i wonder if the judge would think that she is there to just help you get away from the ticket...but then again i never expereince it before

urban.one
07-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Really? I havent had to fight a ticket since Ive lived in Alberta but the other provinces Ive lived in you always could get points knocked off.

When did this change in Alberta?

Originally posted by FreakinPrince

reduce or elimiate points are not possible any more..however reducing fine is still possible!!!

you have witness but i don't know how that will work....i wonder if the judge would think that she is there to just help you get away from the ticket...but then again i never expereince it before

Xtrema
07-02-2007, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by urban.one
Really? I havent had to fight a ticket since Ive lived in Alberta but the other provinces Ive lived in you always could get points knocked off.

When did this change in Alberta?

I also remember this from a while ago. Something that they won't do any more on request of insurance companies to weed out bad drivers.

So unless you can fight the ticket, points will stay.

1) To get out of a speeding ticket, go to court and hopefully cop won't show. But if he shows, the only way you can get out is to proof that your car's speedo is at fault. And proof that you fixed it. Just because someone else is speeding is never a defense. In the end, all people speed and you are the one that got caught. Tough.

2) Insurance one is easy, just proof that you got it renewed within a few days after the ticket. Pay attention, the expiry will introduce gaps in insurance that will cost you to have a higher premium. You have at least a month advance notice for all renews.

3) Exhaust, I don't think you can fight that one. Cops can basically ticket you for anything that isn't on the car out of the factory.

Pee_Sack
07-02-2007, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by mard
lets say you see a radar police up ahead to whatever road your on. Your going 3kms over the speed limit

police says I pulled you over for speeding

So you were doing 3km/h over the speed limit but you weren't speeding? Is there something I am missing here? Are you all of a sudden aloud to go over the speed limit but it not qualify as going over the speed limit?

Eleanor
07-03-2007, 10:53 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they can ticket you for only 3km/h over the limit, there's just too much error in the speedo, the radar and of course cosine error :D . By the sounds of it, he didn't get a ticket for speeding anyway.