PDA

View Full Version : MSNS Tuning

tomt64
07-01-2007, 12:30 AM
Does anybody know of any dyno shops that tune MSnS in Alberta? Thanks!

Mazstyle
07-01-2007, 01:27 PM
Any good tuner should be able to figure it out, it's pretty simple...

tomt64
07-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Since I have never tuned a car, obviously I cant do it... since its pretty simple could you give me a few pointers please?

98brg2d
07-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Go to www.msefi.com/ and search for somebody that has a similar set-up. There are settings to make for spark that can make it really hard to get the car running if you don't have information from a similar set-up. You can also damage coils easily if you have the settings wrong.

Mazstyle
07-08-2007, 07:27 PM
What car is this on, are you running coil packs or a single coil? Do you have a wideband o2 sensor hooked up, do you have a laptop, do you have a decent base map? what version is your PCB, what software version are you going to run? What extras outputs do you plan to run? Is the megasuirt hooked up yet or are you waiting for a tuner before you get the install done?

Originally posted by tomt64
Since I have never tuned a car, obviously I cant do it... since its pretty simple could you give me a few pointers please?

Incorrect, you can do it, all the info's out there it just takes a little patience and a lot of reading. I'd say it's better to learn it yourself, then to keep paying someone to tune it...

stevo 27
07-08-2007, 08:08 PM
:werd: ^ from what ive heard/read megasquirts constantly need tweaking and adjustments
therefor doing it yourself =saving alot of money vs paying someone for every tweak/adjustment